Appeals which have been closed.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

[niknakflak] cocothegog0 - avoiding AI and cyborg bans

Post by cocothegogo » #92922

Byond account and character name: cocothegog0 / CJ AJ
Banning admin: niknakflak
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Joining
Ban reason and length: (MANUAL BAN) Evading AI and Cyborg permanent job bans. Please appeal on the fourms (CUSTOM IP) (CUSTOM CID)
Time ban was placed (including time zone): The 31st of May 2015 at 14:57:48 (gmt?)
Your side of the story: I attempted to join after being banned for one and a half days for blowing up cargo with a bomb after being shot with a disabler by the HoP. (I can't remember that admin that banned me but I told him I wasn't going to appeal the ban because I deserved it really but I do remember him being a trial admin) and on the following Thursday (today) I log on to play a good old game of Space Station and I'm hit with another ban. Damn!
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have never to my knowledge been banned from AI or Cyborg on any of the TG servers nor intentionally attempted to circumvent said ban or any ban for that matter. I hardly ever play those jobs either. Though I do have another Byond account I don't think I've ever used it to join sybil or badger or basil. The name of this account is DanFu1.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [niknakflak] cocothegog0 - avoiding AI and cyborg bans

Post by NikNakFlak » #93279

I need to get the logs of something but yea the danfu account has the jobbans in place from July 17, 2014. There are rounds played after the ban so I'm not sure why you wouldn't see it, really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #93444

I don't get the jist of what you're saying, it sounds like I should have the bans from DanFu on my main.

I should add that the DanFu account, it is in the possession of one of my friends (i know how it sounds hur durr it's my friend but i gave it to him to learn how to play and i think he got a ban for killing the hos, go figure). I don't know how byond bans work but if there is an IP with the ban fire it into http://www.infosniper.net/ the IP it should go to California. I move around alot IRL but if you infosnipe my IPs they should all be in Scotland.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #93447

Story checks out. Out of the 29 connections on danfu1, 24 are in California and only 5 are in Scotland where as over the tons of connections you have played, over 1000 come from Scotland. Sorry that the ban was placed but as far as we know, the accounts played on the same computer at least at one time and some of the IPs match up and for the most part it looks like an alt account. The explanation fits the data so your good to go. You are unbanned as of this post as is the danfu1 account as well if he ever chooses to play again the future. Sorry for the inconvenience.