kaernk

[thatslyfox] kaernk - multi-account misunderstanding

Post by kaernk » #93718

Byond account and character name: kaernk - lolorin mcfaggen

Banning admin: thatslyfox

Ban type (What are you banned from?): TGstation servers

Ban reason and length: "obvious metagrudge" - indefinite

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-5-30 17:11:24

Your side of the story: I got on another account after I got killed by what appeared to be a traitor blindly killing bystanders because I wanted to keep playing. Didn't really know it was considered verboten. Out of irritation I named myself after him, but I didn't really intend to do anything else or I'd have started screeching he was a traitor the second I got in. Not a few dozen steps from the shuttle the same traitor guy pops out and runs toward me. I didn't seek out another encounter with the guy, he came after me, so I beat him with a toolbox.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I was on the station about thirty seconds before I got accosted by that guy. Ganking fresh arrivals is pretty lame. Had I gone looking for him I wouldn't have any defense, but he kind of forced a confrontation. It's not 'metagrudge' as much as me breaking the apparent rule about using other accounts and getting forced into a situation that would get me in more serious trouble.
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Re: [thatslyfox] kaernk - multi-account misunderstanding

Post by ThatSlyFox » #94609

You made a new account, called metagams, after a traitor kills you and proceed to log on with a IC name very similar to his. You then see him in arrivals and decide to attack him using knowledge from another account/character. If I recall correctly you logged out soon after before I could talk to you.

I don't know man, it looks like you knew this was a shit thing to do but did it anyway. This ban is staying in place, for a while, unless a headmin disagrees.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #94848

>he kind of forced a confrontaion
I saw this whole incident as a ghost. You were playing some mononame with an atmos suit who Olorin killed and spaced. You joined the station as Lolorin Mcfaggen, immediately ran into Olorin, toolboxed him, told a bystander 'he was a ling', and dragged him to try and space his corpse. He didn't force a confrontation of any kind, you multikeyed after you died and killed the guy who killed you without being provoked.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #97958

OP hasn't replied for nearly half a month.
Considering this resolved.
PM me if this was done in error.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box