Appeals which have been closed.
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

[ikarrus]Jud1c470r - Permanent ban

Post by Docprofsmith » #97635

Byond account and character name: Jud1c470r, Adam Pryex

Banning admin: ikarrus

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permanent game ban

Ban reason and length: "Non-strop trouble with this guy. Spent a round just staff of changing people and getting them killed." - permanent ban

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-06-21 08:35:45 server time

Your side of the story: During this round, after several staffs had spawned I'd gotten my hands on a staff of chaos, and my main witness here, Tore Hraffnson grabbed a staff of resurrection. We agreed to go to the bar and do a magic show where I'd hit people with the chaos and he would heal them should they die or run into trouble. Anyone who got polymorphed I tried to change back into a human with Tore healing them every time they got hit by something fatal. An example being drone 147, who was killed several times and then brought back before being turned into a slime and dragged off by another player before I could continue trying to fix them.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Whilst talking to ikarrus I explained the system that myself and Tore had been put in place. As to his comment of me being nothing but non-stop trouble, I know that I've been a massive shitler in the past and have received several bans, but more recently I've stopped this behaviour completely. I was not intentionally getting anyone killed and myself and Tore were doing our best to make sure that if anyone did get killed, it was for a few seconds at best. Tore mentioned this over the radio several times and people still showed up to the bar for the show, so I think it's rather unfair that I got permabanned for attempting to do something different in a round whilst also having help and a safeguard to prevent any personal damage. I cannot control how other players will treat people who get polymorphed and I did my best to make sure no lasting harm was done.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: [ikarrus]Jud1c470r - Permanent ban

Post by Ikarrus » #97666

I received a complaint about you using the staff of change on unwilling players and getting them killed. Even if you wanted to turn them back into humans, you've essentially destroyed their identities.

I'm going to shorten this ban to three days, but this is extraordinary considering your recent history of trouble.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #97670

Had a brief chat with Tunderchief and I'll be lifting this ban.

Sorry for any misunderstandings here.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #97672

No worries, I'll be on my absolute best behaviour from now on.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #97673

I will be giving you one (1) antag token in your notes next time I'm online since the original ban seems to be a mistake. Redeem via adminhelp for your free traitor round or whatever.