Appeals which have been closed.
NicholasRage
Byond Username: Nicholas Rage

[Adhammer12](?) Paul Wolfman - Banned for poor judgement

Post by NicholasRage » #98618

Byond account and character name: Nicholas Rage/Paul Wolfman

Banning admin: I think it was Adhammer12, but that might be wrong

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Game ban

Ban reason and length: Killing the sec borg Triskellion (spelling may be off).

Time ban was placed (including time zone): About 5:00 Central

Your side of the story: I'm playing as the Detective. After fighting with some syndicates, I dragged myself and a body to medbay and patched myself up. I notice a commotion and head to the sleepers/cryo area, where I see a borg handcuffing security officer John Trustworthy. This being a syndicate round, he being a borg, I didn't think I had time to ask questions, so I destroyed him with a combat shotgun. Poor judgement, I know.

Why you think you should be unbanned: This wasn't done with malice toward the player of Triskellion, or just because I wanted to kill someone. I did it because I thought he was actually a threat. Was it a bit much? Yeah, sure. You live and you learn. If I had done it just because, or without a real reason, I could see a ban. Had I known who the player was, I would've apologized and we could've all moved on. This isn't something that I do all the time, it was just a moment of poor judgement. I know that a Day ban doesn't seem like a big deal, but between work and sleep I don't get a lot of time to actually play. Since this is how I unwind, it hits me kind of hard. I just personally think it was a bit harsh, I don't feel that the admin took enough time to actually judge the situation and more handed out an arbitrary ban. Thanks for your time.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: [Adhammer12](?) Paul Wolfman - Banned for poor judgement

Post by onleavedontatme » #98666

I'll lift the ban because if I wait for Ahammer to come back it'll have been expired. Punishing a player for not knowing exactly who is an antag is silly, it's the nature of the game.

When he does come back, and if there is some part of the story you left out that incriminates you, I'm putting the ban back on for a week.

Deal?
NicholasRage
Byond Username: Nicholas Rage

Re: [Adhammer12](?) Paul Wolfman - Banned for poor judgement

Post by NicholasRage » #98668

Deal, thanks Kor. Much appreciated.