Skorvold - Gundorf - Day ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Gundorf

Skorvold - Gundorf - Day ban appeal

Post by Gundorf » #9961

Byond account and character name: Gundorf, Power
Banning admin: Skorvold
Ban reason and length: Reason: Killed a random atmos tech, because plasma was being flooded..
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 4:40 GMT -5
Your side of the story: I killed an atmos tech who was fucking with the pipes in atmospherics as plasma was coming out of the vents. Ordinarily I wouldn't, but the guy already also broke into cabinet and had the fire axe on his back. There is really no reason to carry that around ever unless you need a weapon, as the guy didn't have on a fire suit too he obviously wasn't planning on putting out any fires. The reason I killed him was because given I already suspected him of traitorous acts, I didn't want an E-bow to get pulled on me since I don't start with cuffs. It certainly was not, as the reason suggests, a "random atmos tech." When the station is being threatened with a station-wide plasma fire, you take care of the problem first, and send the guy to cloning second if you determine he's innocent.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I sent the guy to cloning, in my opinion it's more of an IC issue. If you are changing around pipes while plasma is coming out of the vents, the last thing you want to have on your back is the bloody fireaxe especially when you heard over the radio 'SEC TO ATMOS' in a few times. When I came into the room, I saw him leaving the mixing room, making it all the more suspicious. And like I said, I could have always sent the guy to cloning.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Re: Skorvold - Gundorf - Day ban appeal

Post by Skorvold » #9964

Round isn't over yet.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #9972

Round is over.

I might add you telling someone to get him cloned does not equal it actually happening/you trying to get him cloned.

You killed a guy you could have easily subdued. Poor judgement, especially for a captain position.
Spoiler:
Gundorf

Post by Gundorf » #9982

give the captain a pair of handcuffs to start with then. Like I said, I didn't want him shooting me with a crossbow and fire axing me to death. He shouldn't have had the strongest easily obtainable weapon on his back while at the scene of a god damn plasma flood.
Sven12
Byond Username: Exalted12

Post by Sven12 » #9983

I was trying to halt the plasma flood by quickly taking one of the mix tank to distro pipes off, I think I even said wait as you were shooting me. And if you don't have handcuffs and are concerned about someone getting up and stunning you, you could try just lasering them into crit.
Sven Brunner, Beheader of Personnel, CKey: Exalted12
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #9992

You can pitch it to me however you want, but I'm set on you just killing him for the sake of killing him. You're banned for a day, that's really light considering your history. The Atmos Tech can have a fireaxe just as much as Sec can have a gun. The plasma flood had already begun and securing the axe is a great idea, not to mention he knew the flood was caused by Atmos, he most likely took it in the event the other tech showed up again.
Spoiler:
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #10197

The bans over by now, lockin'.
Spoiler: