Appeals which have been closed.
allura
Byond Username: Allura

[?] all head job ban - ok

Post by allura » #20733

i do not know the issuing admin or the length of the ban

Byond account and character name: Clare Quilty, allura

Banning admin: don't know

Ban reason and length: don't know the length or the exact reason, but im guessing it was because i tampered with an ai's laws

Time ban was placed (including time zone): don't know, yesterday though

Your side of the story: i don't know why the job ban was placed but im basically guessing at the last bad thing i did. yesterday i was hop, acting captain, and i decided to upload a funny lawset to the ai. im not going to say "people were being dicks and not letting me have fun" because the law set was genuinely potentially harmful, i just wasnt thinking at the time. the lawset was something like

1. fart noises are funny
2. not making fart noises is harmful
3. prevent human harm
4. harm can be prevented by making fart noises

so yeah of course that law set is harmful i was just sperging out and thinking i was funny when i guess it wasnt. thats the most wrong i did. the round did end up going downhill, though. i was pda'd that ian was kidnapped by someone whoses name i dont remember, lets call him benny. eventually i track down benny, who is still in my office, and ian is missing. i go to brig him. unfortunately, on the way there scott otwe whatever decided to try and stop me just because, and he consistently disarmed me after i told him why i was arresting the criminal, and they basically conspired to lynch me. finally i catch benny and decide to let scott go but decide muh valids so i ahelp and the admin declares im allowed to kill benny if he really did kill ian. i take him to be injected but he finally admits to kidnapping ian (he had been saying he hadnt earlier) and says if i dont kill him then he'll tell me where he is. i agree to give him a five minute sentence and let him go if he tells me. we're both happy with it and he tells me where (in a locker in arrivals) so i take him to be brigged for five minutes. when he's completely secured, scott runs in and tazes me, then permabrigs me while like 5 people watch and mock me.

Why you think you should be unbanned: i understand exactly why i got into the situation. i understand that i, to some extent, deserved it. however, i think that my round being ruined (i was pretty torn up irl because im a drug riddled anxiety machine) and basically being completely fucked over was enough punishment. i would like the ban to be removed or, if it's a very long ban, at least shorted to some extent.

maybe this is time to make some sort of pseudo admittance when i say that i know that im absolutely shit at this game and i probably have ruined a lot of rounds and people dont like me, but im not trying to do any of this. i want to learn and get better, im trying to be nice and make friends and i cant. im sorry that im not nice or anything, if you have a problem with me PLEASE just message me on byond or something and i will fully understand your issue and i will desist. i dont want to make any enemies. i just want to get better.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [?] all head job ban - ok

Post by Stickymayhem » #20739

It's a week tempban by SubtleGraces

Banned by subtlegraces for reason:
"Forcing a lawset revolving around farting, and nothing else, on the station AI during Nuke. Not a good use of your authority."
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Nebyab

Post by Nebyab » #20757

I was the AI Neron that round -and while I have nothing against you personally- I really don't feel like this ban should be reduced all that much. Beyond uploading those shitty laws, it also seemed that you were trying at one point to get me to kill people under the lawset.
Spoiler:
Neron states, "You must all laugh now"
Neron (AI) [145.9] states, "You must all laugh now"
Neron states, "As that noise is funny"
Neron (AI) [145.9] states, "As that noise is funny"
Clare Quilty (Head Of Personnel) [145.9] says, "fart"
Current Admins:

Rain Rathen (Assistant) [145.9] says, "AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH YOU SUCK"
Luck (Station Engineer) [Engineering] says, "suiga you didnt set them up"
Now tracking Luck on camera.
Luck (Station Engineer) [Engineering] says, "lame"
Now tracking Luck on camera.
Summer Herring (Librarian) [145.9] says, "Yeah, a fury."
Obey these laws:
1. Fart noises are funny.
2. Do not allow humans to be harmed.
3. Harm is to be stopped only by making fart noises.
4. Not making fart noises is harm.
Now tracking Summer Herring on camera.
Clare Quilty (Head Of Personnel) [145.9] says, "ai, she doesnt think fart noises are funny"
Now tracking Clare Quilty on camera.
Scott Osterweis (Lawyer) [145.9] says, "AI, Door"
Now tracking Scott Osterweis on camera.
Clare Quilty (Head Of Personnel) [145.9] says, "you know what to do"
Additionally, In your appeal, you state that you believed Ian to have been abducted and that you were informed of this via PDA. In the round however, you maintained that you saw Kevin abduct and kill Ian:
Spoiler:
Clare Quilty (Head Of Personnel) [145.9] says, "KEVIN KIDNAPPED IAN."
Now tracking Clare Quilty on camera.
Clare Quilty (Head Of Personnel) [145.9] says, "AND KILLED HIM."
Neron states, "Fart"
Neron (AI) [145.9] states, "Fart"
Clare Quilty (Head Of Personnel) [145.9] says, "fart"
Kevin Parkinson (Assistant) [145.9] says, "NO I DIDN'T"
Neron states, "Laugh"
Neron (AI) [145.9] states, "Laugh"
Kevin Parkinson (Assistant) [145.9] says, "IDIOT"
Clare Quilty (Head Of Personnel) [145.9] says, "I SAW HIM."
I'm fairly certain Ian was never actually killed, as near the end of the round: Djingle Django (Atmospheric Technician) [145.9] says, "I found ian, he is safe"
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #20763

Nebyab outlines my concerns here very nicely. I intend to stand by this ban.

Regardless of what happened with Ian's kidnapping a harm-enabling fart lawset is just plain terrible.
Please don't mess with the AI/crew like that. It's a pretty huge abuse of your authority as the HoP/acting Captain.
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #20766

I was one of the nuke ops, and I would just like to personally thank you for taking the time to upload ridiculously disruptive lawsets and not actually secure the disk despite being active captain. It made our day so much easier, to the point that less than three minutes from reaching the station we had nuke armed and had bugged out. If you had actually done your job instead of chucklefucking around, we might have actually encountered coordinated resistance of some kind and not cake walked to victory.
Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong
Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.
#NEVERFORGET
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #20768

as for neyab, when i said "you know what to do" i mean to make fart noises. technically, the law set prohibited all real harm entirely. if i said "you know what to do" it would imply you stop her from harming, which means making more fart noises.

i lied when i said "i saw him" mostly out of desperation. i felt that what had happened was entirely unfair, which, in the context of the ian kidnapping, it was. if you put the ai lawset on top of it it wasnt. however, everything that happened by scott and the other guy wasnt because of the lawset, it was because of ian. that's why i was so torn up about it.

for subtle, i understand your decision. i just wanted to give it a shot.

and mastigos, please take kindly to when i tell you to piss off, what you're saying is generally rude and i wasnt rude to anyone here.