[Chedarbridge] awesine - Sci Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [Chedarbridge] awesine - Sci Ban

Post by Cobby » #275428

Can I ask where you got this notion that pet kills = valid? We used to let that be ok and I want to make sure there isn't any reference to it in say the wiki that would mislead newer players (like yourself) into thinking this is ok
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #275436

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Can I ask where you got this notion that pet kills = valid? We used to let that be ok and I want to make sure there isn't any reference to it in say the wiki that would mislead newer players (like yourself) into thinking this is ok
Killing pets = valid is totally a thing on a few other servers I believe, and I bet you it comes up in videos sometimes.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #275452

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Can I ask where you got this notion that pet kills = valid? We used to let that be ok and I want to make sure there isn't any reference to it in say the wiki that would mislead newer players (like yourself) into thinking this is ok
Wait, it stopped being okay?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #275454

Lazengann wrote:
Wait, it stopped being okay?
Yeah, I think some time near the middle of last year. People kept using it to banbait. We're kind of getting off topic now, though.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #275455

I'm out of town until tonight sometime so I'll look this over properly when I get back.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #275536

awesine wrote:
Lazengann wrote:
I thought it was ok because I regularly play on a lot of other different servers where that is ok, and I got the rules confused.
iamgoofball wrote:
Killing pets = valid is totally a thing on a few other servers I believe, and I bet you it comes up in videos sometimes.
Ah alright, thanks for the heads up. I don't play the other servers so I don't know what they do/don't tolerate. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't presented anywhere on our end that could have lead you astray.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #275800

Alright, to my knowledge, pet validity was removed here a couple years ago when we removed the corgi meat traitor objective. Pet validity was really only there to give proper coverage to players and sec to dunk the nerd who was clearly antagonistic for dunking the HoP's dog for meat. This eventually led to people just breaking in as non-antags, stealing Ian and sparking retarded "Is he valid yet?" manhunts and lockerroom bloodbaths over a corgi.

You made this appeal in good faith by all appearances and you understand all of the relevant reasons why you were banned, which is good. Maxcaps as a non-antag are pretty useless unless you really intend them for a useful, non-nuke the station purpose, our pet policy has shifted where other servers' hasn't and cratering the chapel was certainly disproportionate.

I'm prepared to adjust this down to time served with the condition that if something similar happens again I will be exceedingly cross with you.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #276092

I'll do the paperwork when I get home tonight.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #276806

I thought we made pet killers valid again.

It seems stupid to let people do an action that has absolutely no IC benefit for the sole purpose of making people angry and then penalizing the victim for retaliating.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #276807

Obviously maxcapping a high traffic area is a bit excessive though.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #276810

Kor wrote:I thought we made pet killers valid again.

It seems stupid to let people do an action that has absolutely no IC benefit for the sole purpose of making people angry and then penalizing the victim for retaliating.
This was a scientist maxcapping the chaplain for killing the HoP's dog though. Part of the reason pet valids got removed.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #277208

Cedarbridge tells me that this is resolved.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: