blobbernaut
Byond Username: Blobbernaut

[saegrimr] Blobbernaut - Permaban

Post by blobbernaut » #278983

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Blobbernaut, forget the name
Banning admin: saegrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The server forever
Ban reason and length: Permanent, 'Created an escape hallway to free a prisoner from perma after a plasma flood, lit up a torch to burn it off after opening the doors to the main area, throwing the welder at the warden who saw him'
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 'Ban was applied by saegrimr on 2015-10-24 23:19:28, this is a permanent ban'
Your side of the story: Yeah pretty much nothing to add, was a shitty thing to do
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well, it's been about a year and a half since the ban. I know you hear stuff like "Oh, I'm more mature after that time" quite a lot on these appeals but it is true. I'm not that old, and people can change. My time away's made me aware that it's a privilege, not a right, to play on this server and if unbanned I will use this time away as a reminder to respect the people, rules, and administration here and not try to skirt them or be a pest. And if I do feel like being annoying or crazy, I'll make sure that it's in a healthy and fun way for the players on here; that is, not by being a pain in security's ass and ruining their round at the benefit of my own.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: [saegrimr] Blobbernaut - Permaban

Post by PKPenguin321 » #279294

Saeg's not an admin anymore, so expect lots of headmins touching this appeal (but saeg's free to give his thoughts here).

You were permabanned after being on probation after a previous permaban, https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4183
I'm hesitant to lift this with your only reasoning being that it's been a long time. Admins at the time of this ban made it very clear that that was your absolute final chance.
I'm curious if you've been playing on other servers since you've been banned from here, and if so, could you point us to them so we can see how you've been doing?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
blobbernaut

Post by blobbernaut » #279339

Mainly play on Hippie since I enjoy the tgstation codebase the most. I don't even remember the last time I was punished on there (I mean this literally. I've got a few punishments there, but I do not recall what the last one was or when.) and you're free to ask the admins there about me. I've been a mentor on there for a while now, too, and even though it doesn't mean a whole lot because I don't play very much on other servers, this is the only server where I have a standing ban.

You say you're hesitant to lift this ban just because it's been a long time and I understand that, but I'm being honest. I regret how I used to act on here not just because it broke the rules but because I was just being an asshole and that's not the kind of person I want to be anymore. Everyone's done something stupid in the past that makes them cringe when they think about it right? That's the sort of feeling I have about this situation.

I'm just not really too sure how to prove it to you that I really do wish to improve my behavior and contribute to the game more positively. Mentoring at another server must reveal at least a little bit of that good will, perhaps? Or if you wish to talk on the IRC, I'm open for that as well.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #279947

I've talked to Hippie admins and apparently you're a trialmin over there, but your record's apparently shaky with 22 bans since you started playing there (although I'm not sure how lenient they are with bans, so that doesn't necessarily mean much). From what I saw, your bans here are mostly for mass destruction, while your bans/notes there are for much smaller things, so I don't think I'd be too opposed to loosing you with probation once again. I'd like to hear from other headmins before acting.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
blobbernaut

Post by blobbernaut » #279951

Glad to hear that's your decision, PKP. If anybody wants a copy of the notes I have there I can put them up.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #279952

Honestly from the last ban https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5170 the situation wasn't really that bad up until you got the idea to toss a lit welder at the warden in a room full of plasma.

Like if you kept it low-key and not escalated it to that level it wouldn't have been as big of a deal, just something to remember.
blobbernaut

Post by blobbernaut » #280111

Yeah that might not have been a very smart idea...
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #280162

I don't like creating headaches for myself or other admins to deal with. If any headaches at all happen, you don't get to accumulate enough bans until admins think you've reached a universally agreeable threshold where you can be removed without dissent, you just get removed.

lifted, any notes, even warnings, that I notice, result in the ban being reapplied
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.