[feemjmeem] .swf - cyborg supermatter disintegration

Appeals which have been closed.
.swf

[feemjmeem] .swf - cyborg supermatter disintegration

Post by .swf » #295209

Byond account and character name: .swf, I think my borg name was "Erasmus", but it was a while ago so I'm not sure.
Banning admin: feemjmeem

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban

Ban reason and length: "You, or another user of this computer or connection (swf) was banned from playing here. The ban reason is: As an Asimov cyborg, dove into a supermatter shard, both suiciding it and causing it to explode. When you want to explain why you did this, please come to the forums and appeal. This ban was applied by feemjmeem on 2017-05-13 23:58:44, The is a permanent ban.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 23:58, not sure what the default time zone is for bans. I don't know because I was offline at the time.

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I think it was Basil, but I'm not 100% positive.

Your side of the story: I was playing as an engineering cyborg. The supermatter started delaminating REALLY fast. I ran to engineering as fast as I could. I think it was over 50% by the time I got into engineering. I searched for freon in secure storage, but there was none to be found. I was out of options and had to save the crew, so in accordance with the First Law I went into the chamber to pull the SM into space. Unfortunately I lagged a little and slipped one tile too far north. Whoops. I disintegrated, obviously. There's no way that was the main cause behind the SM delaminating, considering how high the instability was and how fast it was rising. It might have contributed a bit, sure, but I don't think it could have that much of an effect on the delamination percentage. Besides, there was nobody else trying to cool it down so I don't see how it made very much difference. I ragequit a minute or so later and haven't been on SS13 since then, which is why it took so long for me to appeal this ban - I didn't even know I was banned until ~10 minutes ago. I guess it's my fault for not sticking around to see if an admin would PM me, but I didn't think I had done anything wrong so there's no way I could have anticipated that.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I wasn't trying to blow up the SM. I didn't "dive into the SM", and I wasn't a major cause of it exploding. To my knowledge, I have no prior bans. This was a total accident/misunderstanding.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: [feemjmeem] .swf - cyborg supermatter disintegration

Post by feem » #295432

This makes sense.

But:

1) The SM used by the supermatter engine cannot be moved.
2) Opening the doors to the usually-heavily-pressurized supermatter engine chamber will almost always release a lot of gas and accelerate whatever process is taking place. If there are humans nearby, opening that door almost invariably will lead to harm.
3) Running into the supermatter causes damage. In this case, it was enough to finish the delamination process.

I believe that you didn't intend for this to happen, so I'm removing the ban, but please keep the above in mind next time.