[Brotemis] Roman Pavluychenkov - Permaban

Appeals which have been closed.
Litlbear

[Brotemis] Roman Pavluychenkov - Permaban

Post by Litlbear » #23048

Byond account and character name: litlbear, Roman Pavluychenkov

Banning admin: brotemis

Ban reason and length: Permanent, "Constant adminhelps about, problems not following a single piece of advice or warnings, or change of behaviour from bans. Attacking people randomly, locking people up naked, etc. Appeal when you feel like you can handle yourself around others"

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-07-23 17:09:47. EST

Your side of the story: I'm not sure what "constant admin helps about" or "problems not following a single piece of advice or warnings" are, but I understand I did lock a woman, naked, into a dorm room.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I admit 100% I messed up, and I shouldn't have locked her into the dorm room. However, I do not understand why the admins refuse to speak with me before I am banned. They simply stop talking, and a minute or two later I am banned. I am extremely curious what the first line of the ban reason means, as well. I'm assuming not all of it could be fit, or the admin just didn't care enough. I would appreciate another chance, considering a permanent ban is a little harsh. I have messed up in the past, and served out my ban sentences. To be permanently banned for a kidnapping, though, I cannot understand. I assume it is because of my past bans. Thank you.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [Brotemis] Roman Pavluychenkov - Permaban

Post by Stickymayhem » #23080

To be fair I have had to deal with over a dozen cases with you, many resulting in punishment or warnings.

You don't seem to learn, though you appear to be regretful when you fuck up.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Litlbear

Post by Litlbear » #23099

Stickymayhem wrote:To be fair I have had to deal with over a dozen cases with you, many resulting in punishment or warnings.

The only admin to talk to me, and not ban me outright! Hello! I'm assuming i'm not gonna be unbanned, but i'd love to be surprised.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #23133

Litlbear wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:To be fair I have had to deal with over a dozen cases with you, many resulting in punishment or warnings.

The only admin to talk to me, and not ban me outright! Hello! I'm assuming i'm not gonna be unbanned, but i'd love to be surprised.
A headmin will likely take this over since Brotemis is away so just be patient. I wouldn't guess at the outcome of this.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Litlbear

Post by Litlbear » #23161

Stickymayhem wrote:
Litlbear wrote:

A headmin will likely take this over since Brotemis is away so just be patient. I wouldn't guess at the outcome of this.
Thank you very much, I have all the time in the world right now.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #23253

Here's the thing, as you yourself guessed at the end, this wasn't because of One incident. It was because of many. Many times other admins (not myself, I should note) have seen you do things we don't like, and get noted or banned. It's apparently become a pattern, hence why Brotemis did you like this.

So the question that determines whether or not you're unbanned is are you a jerk, and are you capable of learning what's good and what's not on /tg/? For the former, you don't seem like a jerk, but the latter's the problem. And again, the reason Brotemis banned you.

So what I wonder is, when you do stuff that gets you banned, do you stop to wonder 'should I do this' or anything like it, or is it more of a spur of the moment thing? Often a guideline we tell people is 'If you think this is going to mess up somebody's round in a big way or break rules, you should adminhelp before you do it. Or just don't do it at all.'
RIP
Litlbear

Post by Litlbear » #23370

Hibbles wrote:Here's the thing, as you yourself guessed at the end, this wasn't because of One incident. It was because of many. Many times other admins (not myself, I should note) have seen you do things we don't like, and get noted or banned. It's apparently become a pattern, hence why Brotemis did you like this.

So the question that determines whether or not you're unbanned is are you a jerk, and are you capable of learning what's good and what's not on /tg/? For the former, you don't seem like a jerk, but the latter's the problem. And again, the reason Brotemis banned you.

So what I wonder is, when you do stuff that gets you banned, do you stop to wonder 'should I do this' or anything like it, or is it more of a spur of the moment thing? Often a guideline we tell people is 'If you think this is going to mess up somebody's round in a big way or break rules, you should adminhelp before you do it. Or just don't do it at all.'
It's a spur of the moment, I don't plan to kill people unless I have a good reason. If someone attacks me, I usually end up killing them. I usually just react to other people attacking me, if they attack me, i'll usually work to kill them so I cannot be attacked by them again. I do end up regretting it usually, but if it's provoked, I feel it's justified. If I don't get unbanned, I do understand, and I understand this would be my last chance if I was.
Litlbear

Post by Litlbear » #23808

So, Brotemis is back. Any idea if he's gonna look at this post?
Hibbles

Post by Hibbles » #23820

What makes you say he's back?
RIP
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #23837

It's one thing to make a mistake. It's another to make that same mistake again.

What is it when you come off a weekban and then make another similar mistake?
Litlbear

Post by Litlbear » #23868

Brotemis wrote:It's one thing to make a mistake. It's another to make that same mistake again.

What is it when you come off a weekban and then make another similar mistake?
Not sure how to answer the question.
Hibbles

Post by Hibbles » #24580

He was asking how it's possible for you to make roughly the same mistake multiple times, while being punished for it, and still making the mistake.
RIP
Litlbear

Post by Litlbear » #24616

It was actually a completely different mistake, I was banned this time for kidnapping. I wasn't thinking at all when I did it, and no one really got hurt.