Pkpenguin321 - Yobihodazine daybanned

Appeals which have been closed.
Yobih
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

Pkpenguin321 - Yobihodazine daybanned

Post by Yobih » #305669

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Yobihodazine, random name and irrelevant to ban
Banning admin: Pkpenguin321
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban
Ban reason and length: Adminhelped after getting rightfully gulagged for only 500 points. Was told to just work off the sentence(comment on this, he SUGGESTED I work off the sentence) and instead decided to destroy vital gulag equipment, preventing anybody else from working off their sentences. Said they'd never even attempted a gulag sentence before because they were from hippie. Take a break -- One day
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Midnight Central Standard
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: I got gulagged for what I believed, subjectively, to be a bad reason. Adminhelped to see if it was legit, he said it was. I didn't feel like working off the sentence, so as an (ICly!) pissed off character, I destroyed all the smelting equipment and threw all the mining equipment into the lava.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well for one, it doesn't say anything in the rules about not destroying equipment in the place you are trapped in.. alone.. and I was not told *not* to do it, he just said "maybe you should try to work it off instead of destroying vital equipment". Then after I'm about done destroying it all, as I had chosen to do, an officer shows up out of nowhere and states he plans to kill me for my deeds. This is okay with me, as it's IC.. He says he's been watching me through the cameras even though I suspect he was tipped off by an admin... But that's okay.. Then to top it all off--when I'm about to be executed--I get daybanned out of the blue for it. I really don't understand this. He didn't warn me *not* to do it, or say it was against the rules and honestly there's other places you can use as punishment... I really don't think this deserved a ban. I read the rules thoroughly and the only rule I could have possibly broken is rule one.. But I had a quite valid IC reason to destroy the equipment.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Pkpenguin321 - Yobihodazine daybanned

Post by PKPenguin321 » #305673

He says he's been watching me through the cameras even though I suspect he was tipped off by an admin...
No, they found an emag and were convinced you were a traitor, so they were plotting your execution during my ahelps to you.

You threw a tantrum like a child over a five minute sentence, destroying vital equipment and throwing every ore crate and oxygen tank into lava, and fucked over anybody else at the gulag for something you could have just done, but you were extremely defiant and refused to do it. It was really shitty. I get that you were "pissed off IC," but even if you're pissed off I don't know what you hope to accomplish by turning your very temporary gulag sentence into a permanent one for yourself and everybody else by breaking shit.

This is essentially the equivalent to shooting a random guy in the face because your character was pissed off IC that a clown slipped him. An unrelated thing happened to you, so you screwed over not only yourself but the people around you. Even if sec handled it IC by executing you, the machines you destroyed are basically irreparable.

If somebody else wants to chime in and say I'm wrong feel free, but I don't think this should be lifted. I'll leave this open either until I'm convinced to remove it or the ban expires on its own.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Yobih

Post by Yobih » #305674

I just wanted to destroy everything and try to robust the first officer that came through... The only person that was there with me was a braindead dude... You have to be checked by security for your points so if they sent someone else out, all that person would have to do is wait for sec to come and tell them there's no equipment. I didn't "throw a tantrum" I was just the only one there, believing I was gulagged for an injust reason, and I wanted to destroy it all. So the IC reason for the destruction was... "place is dangerous, I'd rather just take my chances with the guard and I'll take some of my aggression out on this equipment"
Your ban is so SJW it's absurd. I didn't hurt anyone else, and even if they sent someone they would be released as soon as a sec officer realized all the equipment was gone. Your argument is flawed. Once again, I did not screw anyone over. I was the only one there other than the braindead dude. I'm really not a big fan of "mining" without a mining scanner. Your argument is like banning someone for breaking out of perma or a regular cell because it makes it unusable. "The equivalent to shooting some guy in the face because the clown slipped you" lolno. No one was hurt or killed by my decision to destroy the gulag machines, and it's ridiculous to extrapolate like that against me.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #305676

Yobih wrote:Your ban is so SJW it's absurd.
This is going in my sig
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #305678

I know that at face value a dayban for throwing all the stuff into lava is a bit intense if you construe it as IC, but you were clearly motivated by OOC anger and just trying to be a shithead for the sake of it.

And judging from communications in ahelps, your intent was definitely not "destroy stuff so you could take your chances with the guards." It was just "I'd rather break everything and fuck over everybody than work off an easy sentence because I've never done a gulag sentence before and don't intend to start now."
Spoiler:
Yobih

Post by Yobih » #305679

PKPenguin321 wrote:I know that at face value a dayban for throwing all the stuff into lava is a bit intense if you construe it as IC, but you were clearly motivated by OOC anger and just trying to be a shithead for the sake of it.

And judging from communications in ahelps, your intent was definitely not "destroy stuff so you could take your chances with the guards." It was just "I'd rather break everything and fuck over everybody than work off an easy sentence because I've never done a gulag sentence before and don't intend to start now."
lol you are completely and 100% right about everything there, including that I was also mad OOC, except for the part about screwing other people. I do get into the game so ya know, my character's personalities and mine blend a bit. Anyway there was no "i wanna fuck everybody over" going through my head. Just "imma destroy it all so they can't send people here and try to robust the guard". If destroying things is against the rules, then okay say so, but I was not trying to(nor did I!) fuck anyone over but myself.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #305681

Yobih wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:I know that at face value a dayban for throwing all the stuff into lava is a bit intense if you construe it as IC, but you were clearly motivated by OOC anger and just trying to be a shithead for the sake of it.

lol you are completely and 100% right about everything there, including that I was also mad OOC, except for the part about screwing other people. I do get into the game so ya know, my character's personalities and mine blend a bit. Anyway there was no "i wanna fuck everybody over" going through my head. Just "imma destroy it all so they can't send people here and try to robust the guard". If destroying things is against the rules, then okay say so, but I was not trying to(nor did I!) fuck anyone over but myself.
I can resonate with that. I guess it wasn't 100% clear at the time over ahelps that the ban was mostly because you screwed over others by messing up the machines, and if you only see things from the perspective of one gulag prisoner it wouldn't be immediately obvious that what you're doing impacts more people than just yourself if all you're doing in your point of view is smashing some machines.

I guess I'd be fine with removing this. I should have been clearer from the start, and you seem to understand my view on this now that you've had the chance to discuss things at length here.

Be good!

Unbanned.
Spoiler:
Yobih

Post by Yobih » #305682

okay