[ikarrus]Theroboticone- OOC in IC

Appeals which have been closed.
Theroboticone

[ikarrus]Theroboticone- OOC in IC

Post by Theroboticone » #24030

I realize ikarrus told me not to post a repeal, but he never addressed the main problem. Please do not think I am being impatient and deliberately disobeying an admin.

Byond account and character name: Theroboticone and Unlucky Luke
Banning admin: Ikarrus
Ban reason and length: Using out of character language in character
Length: Was an hour ban, but became a perma-ban after I put an appeal up stating that it was unfair. Admin said it was because of my past record.
Time ban was placed (including time zone):

Your side of the story: I stated that the crew was autistic this round. Ikarrus said, "dont you mean shift?" I replied back sarcastically and got a 15 minute ban. Fair enough, when I returned back I had been borged as I had told the roboticist to do so. I then stated something along the lines of, "Sorry for being brain dead, some mystical faggot god forced me." I was then perma-banned because of that. Only given the statement, "man, you cant learn can you."

I have no idea how saying, "Sorry for being brain dead, some mystical faggot god forced me" is OOC in IC. As I've never heard of anyone being in trouble for that before and often times have people reference that they were brain dead, or a "divine" force.

In short I think I was banned for something that was not even wrong and then perma-banned because the admin was angry with me.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: [ikarrus]Theroboticone- OOC in IC

Post by Ikarrus » #24035

I wasn't the one who locked and moved your appeal. It was my understanding that things should be kept open for a while in case anyone has anything to bring up.

The original appeal is here http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1188

I already denied your appeal, so the only way for it to be overturned is if you got into contact with a head admin (Deuryn or Hibbles on the forums). PMing them would be the best way to reach them.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #24076

Let's see. You were reminded of a server rule we have not to reference out-of-game concepts in your character's speech, and banned for it for a short bit. Which is kind of impressive, since I've warned far more people for that rule than banned for it, we really only break out the stick when somebody's being a piece of crap. Because if you won't accept a warning, you've forced an escalation up to the next level, etc. You then came back and did the exact same thing, again, that you just received punishment for.

Referring to out-of-game concepts, even in an oblique manner.

Can you see why an admin wouldn't just let such a thing slide if they saw things like that?
RIP
Theroboticone

Post by Theroboticone » #24155

Fine, I can understand the ban then, but it really shouldn't be permanent.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #24194

It's not. I've given you a date.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #24859

I'm told the date given was extreme long, like 2015-16 or something? What were the specifics there, and why was that decision reached?
RIP
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #24874

Ikarrus wrote: Unless a Headmin says otherwise, this appeal is denied for now. Try again no earlier than the 18th.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #25128

The date I specified has been passed. If he wants to appeal it again I'll hear him out.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?