Appeals which have been closed.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

[tehstevo] Deitus - ghost role ban

Post by Deitus » #317482

Byond account and character name: Deitus

Banning admin: tehstevo

Ban type (What are you banned from?): ghost roles

Ban reason and length: (ctrl + v from remarks)
Banned from pAI, posibrain, drone, deathsquad, lavaland - Ghost role Permaban - Spawned in as the space bartender after being killed in the same ruin by a traitor mime. Ended up killing said traitor as the space bartender. This is very much metagame type behavior as it appears you use knowledge previously from your life as a cyborg to go in there to get revenge on a traitor. As such, after discussing this with you, you were under the impression that this was more allowed from a previous ruling with lavaland roles. Informed that wasn't the case and was apologetic for their actions.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2/18/17 at 6:54 (not sure of time zone)

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): sybil

Your side of the story: basically what is said in the note, the "previous ruling" mentioned was a long time ago when i killed a fellow miner on lavaland and then a free golem came and killed me who turned out to be the same guy, was told that was fine hence the impression i had. i honestly dont remember who made that ruling though which is really strange cuz i remember getting pretty salty about it and its not in my notes.

Why you think you should be unbanned: when stevo and i had the conversation he said to pm him later and he'd remove it but for me to wait at least one month, i figure i'd wait a bit longer since what i did was pretty shitty. around now is when i was gonna ask but stevo hasn't been on for a while so i figured i'd bring it here unless someone has contact with him somehow.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Re: [tehstevo] Deitus - ghost role ban

Post by TehSteveo » #317785

I'm around, but I've started a new job recently working fulltime and graveyard shift to boot. So, when I do get off I'm not actively adminning as much as I have other chores or I'll relax playing some other games.

Anywho, I do remember this ban and our talk. I said not to do anything more serious and I'll lift it, which looking over the notes I don't see anything that would mean to keep this ban at this time. All I can say is don't use metaknowledge with ghostroles in such a manner as it's just wrong, but you know this as we talked about it for about a half hour when this happened.

The bans are lifted.
Freedom