Post by Hard4Men » #320653

Title/subject: perma ban appeal
[armhulenn]
Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Hard4Women: Gabriealla Clarke
Banning admin: armhulenn
Ban type : permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-07-24 01:42:53
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): It was when i was not playing
Your side of the story:
Made a thread about getting some job bans i got long time ago, admins told me to appeal for them. Doing so made this dude say i was ban evading which doesn't make sense since i wasn't banned from the game just jobs. He accuses me of griefing on a different account but i have no god damn clue what he's on about, i didn't do shit. They go on to say that the griefing happened a month ago, which to me is stupid because even if it was true why did they wait a month to ban me, only when i posted the thread did this come up. They say they know it was me because they can stitch shit together with metadata or something which to me doesn't sound like very reliable proof that i did anything since from what i've gathered online it means that anyone on your network that gets banned just bans all the other people on there, but i'm the only person playing so its confusing. Also it came up that my connection is basically always being passed through tor because my dad is a faggot.
iTL;DR: i was only banned when i posted the thread. If something happened fuckin months ago why didn't you ban me then, or even talk to me about it.
in conclusion, if i never posted the thread this would never have happened so i just want to revert back to when i didn't or atleast not make it permanent.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [armhulenn] - Banned for nothing

Post by Armhulen » #320656

Ausops get in here

i should say more, i still think you evaded and griefed, and it's connected to someone who's been doing it for years soooo
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: [armhulenn] - Banned for nothing

Post by imblyings » #320701

Bans can happen at any point at any time without prior warning. An admin taking their time to place a ban or connect the dots does not mean someone gets away with something.

Metadata is a lot more reliable than the word of someone who has a shitton of prior history.

We do not guarantee exceptions for players who pass their connections through VPNs, proxies, Tor etc. so denied.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.