[Owegno] Hadrin Alucard - Ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Hadrin
Byond Username: Hadrin Alucard

[Owegno] Hadrin Alucard - Ban appeal

Post by Hadrin » #323248

Byond account and character name: Hadrin Alucard - Usually Eric Zalack but during the round in question it was "Half woman half cat"

Banning admin: Owegno

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban

Ban reason and length: Part of a group of 6 (Akesson, keekenox, Stealthkibbler, Hadrin Alucard, Wilchen, and Father_of_intervention) who met up using the unofficial /tg/station 13 discord. They metacommunicated on Sybil and also plan on raiding citadel. I was only going to give them a harsh warning for this and tell them not to raid citadel but they didn't seem to listen and instead are just going to make another discord. You are (I assume) /tg/station 13 players and met to create the group for this raid on an affiliated discord. Your actions do infact reflect on us especially when the administartion gets wind of this. (BanID #30994) Permanent ban.
Bad IC name probably didn't help either

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-07-29 02:39:04 (server time)

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil

Your side of the story:
Friday night, I got a ping that I was mentioned in the unofficial /tg/ discord. I was invited to chat and mostly stayed quiet. A couple of the guys on there decided before the round that we should all join sybil as catgirls. They kept calling it a raid but I don't remember us ever discussing any griefing/greytiding prior to the round in question, just that we should all be catgirls. Since we were already taking the piss, I decided to join with the name "Half woman half cat".

I remember keekenox and a few others shouting something about the HoS but I didn't pay much attention at the time. The only interaction I had with the HoS was when he pulled a taser out near me while I was prying up floor tiles near the bridge to make some wire art (I think he thought I was going to use the tiles as throwing weapons). I did break a window in dorms for the purposes of making a spear, however the window was one that I made myself out of some glass I found lying around. I also offered a spear to another catperson I met at the bar, but I have no clue if they were part of the discord group or not. The only person that was harmed by myself -to my knowledge- was the chaplain, who I attacked with a spear; however he did begin attacking me with his light energy sword without warning prior to this and my attack was only in self defense. Additionally when the chaplain began retreating I did not pursue him nor did I attack him on sight the second time he ran up to me (at which point he began hitting me with his light energy sword again).

Eventually all the cat girls were frozen, my name was changed to "Acce P. Tablename", and I was eventually unfrozen. I figured at that point the joke had gone far enough and waited a bit to see if I was going to be pm'ed by an admin regarding the situation. After a few minutes I figured I was good to go, committed suicide with my shoes and went to go play devil daggers.

As for the bit about the citadel raid, I can honestly say I don't remember anything about a raid on citadel. I do remember a few guys making fun of someone in the chat for being a citadel admin, however that's the closest it came. Sadly, I really have no way to prove this claim. Best I can figure it must have been brought up in voice chat while I was afk'ing after my IC suicide, since I had discord muted at the time so I could better hear DD.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Since there's no way to really prove whether or not I was using meta-information I guess I can't really contest the metacomms offense since I was in an active voice chat with someone who doesn't know how to keep their mouth shut about IC information. I'm really just looking to get this reduced to a timed ban I suppose, on account of the lack of greytiding (well I suppose that some of it could be considered greytiding depending on your interpretation of it, but really I don't think anything I did was ban-worthy outside being in the discord). The name probably deserved a note though.

My apologies if this comes off as hard to follow or ramble-y at parts.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Re: [Owegno] Hadrin Alucard - Ban appeal

Post by Owegno » #323254

I'll straight up lift the ban on you seeing as your history is clean and everyone makes mistakes at least a few times.