Post by DiamondSentinel » #325276

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: DiamondSentinel, Alak Illispeth
Banning admin: MrAlphonzo
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: Perma - Didn't list a reason
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 1940 MST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: So, I arrive on station. Clock cult is long since dead. We're not even 30 minutes into the round. We have a virus outbreak, quickly handled by medbay. We've got no immediate danger. Shuttle is called because "clock cult aftermath". Nothing is destroyed. Well, it must be some stupid assistant broken into the bridge or something. I recall. Shuttle is called again. Overwhelming opinion is to recall. I go to the bridge again. Captain shoots me. Reactive teleport out, I'm on the run. HoS tries to shoot me too, along with his useless security. Shoots captain. I retreat to science, queue cartoony scene of 2 people chasing each other. I manage to lose the HoS and his shitcurity, but not before he beats me with his baton, causing actual damage. "Ok, they've attacked me. Now I have the moral high ground and can defend myself". Return to bridge. Captain tries to shoot me again. I retreat to science again, this time the HoS attacks me again and arrests me. Takes me to brig, and then captain offers me choice "lashings or time". Well, lashings is probably nonlethal, right? I say lashings. He beats me to death. I bwoink. Alphonzo makes some shitty jokes because he was the detective right beside the captain while he is murdering me. I have to yell at him to actually do his job. I get cloned, run back to science, tell the captain that I will respond in kind with what he did. Make bombs. Nobody is near his office, so I destroy that. No casualties there. I then announce that my next target is the brig, because they have made a mockery of space law. Station has overwhelming cries of "yes, down with the useless shitcurity". Queue vigilante scene. I break all of the prisoners out, so no collateral damage there. Destroy it. Get banned.

Then get these wonderful messages (attached) from Alphonzo, who is evidently mad because I must have killed him in the brig explosion, which was valid as he allowed the captain to murder me.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I didn't do anything that wasn't within my power to do. Security attacked me despite the fact that I didn't do anything against space law. Captain killed me. I was defending myself against the captain, HoS, and security. Max Capp, the captain, is in clear violation of Rule 1, attacking me for doing nothing. He gives me what seems to be a wonderfully nonlethal option, and then murders me. What a wonderful guy.

Regardless, this is a mockery of adminship. Alphonzo was pissed that I killed him even though he was valid and it was entirely in self-defense.
Attachments
stuff3.PNG
stuff3.PNG (6.14 KiB) Viewed 10083 times
stuff1.PNG
stuff1.PNG (3.14 KiB) Viewed 10088 times
stuff2.PNG
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [MrAlphonzo] DiamondSentinel - ban

Post by Armhulen » #325278

Bombing sec? Yeah, you should have been banned. But this was handled incredibly poorly if i'm reading this right. Alph, my man, set a reason, count up the deaths and do a day per, don't be a complete jackass in pms. Trust me, I've gotten a handful of DiamondSentinel tm pms and i'm positive they're leaving something out but still, c o m p o s u r e
DiamondSentinel
Byond Username: DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #325279

Armhulen wrote:Bombing sec? Yeah, you should have been banned. But this was handled incredibly poorly if i'm reading this right. Alph, my man, set a reason, count up the deaths and do a day per, don't be a complete jackass in pms. Trust me, I've gotten a handful of DiamondSentinel tm pms and i'm positive they're leaving something out but still, c o m p o s u r e
I bombed security for attacking me, and I removed all inmates, so no collateral damage.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #325281

I think you're leaving out a lot here, like where you were explicitly warned by an admin not to use the bomb.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #325282

Also side note, handling own adminhelps? Was anyone else online at the time to handle this? You really really really shouldn't be handling your own ahelps.

edit wait no kev was online because he made that crop ALPH STOP BREAKING POLICYYYYYYYYYY
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #325283

DiamondSentinel wrote:
Armhulen wrote:Bombing sec? Yeah, you should have been banned. But this was handled incredibly poorly if i'm reading this right. Alph, my man, set a reason, count up the deaths and do a day per, don't be a complete jackass in pms. Trust me, I've gotten a handful of DiamondSentinel tm pms and i'm positive they're leaving something out but still, c o m p o s u r e
I bombed security for attacking me, and I removed all inmates, so no collateral damage.
it seems like only the hos attacked you and hos =/= all of sec
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #325286

feem wrote:I think you're leaving out a lot here, like where you were explicitly warned by an admin not to use the bomb.
And I didn't use it on innocent people. It's no different than shooting them or anything, considering I took special effort not to harm anyone who wasn't involved with the occurrence. I don't exactly see what the problem is. Only valids were attacked with it.

PEdit: I saw at least 2 security agents attempt to shoot me, 1 in the halls and 1 in science.
feem

Post by feem » #325287

I think you misunderstood. You were explicitly warned not to set off the bombs. But you did, and took out bystanders to boot. You detonated part of the station after being told that what happened to you was valid and not to use the bombs.

You don't get to decide to ignore admin rulings and instruction regarding events in the round. If you have a problem with a ruling, file a complaint, don't break the rules, and don't directly defy an admin instruction.
Last edited by feem on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #325288

feem wrote:I think you misunderstood. You were explicitly warned not to set off the bombs. But you did, and took out bystanders to boot. You detonated part of the station after being told that what happened to you was valid and not to use the bombs.
Actually, they said "stop making that bomb" which isn't against the rules in any form or fashion. For all they knew, I could have made it for mining.

Edit: And that's another thing. In what universe is beating someone to death because they said you could hit them (not kill them) valid?

Let's put this another way, but in another situation that actually happened recently.

Syndicate Bioscientists. I make a healing virus, and then want to test it. I give it to another scientist, and then say "hey, can I shoot you to test it?" We both know that this will be nonlethal. There's an implied portion of nonlethality involved. But say I shoot them with my sniper rifle a lot of times and murder them. Should I be bwoinked for that? Absolutely.
Last edited by DiamondSentinel on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
feem

Post by feem » #325290

No. They said not to use the bomb the way they thought you were going to use it. Then you did.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #325291

feem wrote:I think you're leaving out a lot here, like where you were explicitly warned by an admin not to use the bomb.
This specifically. You were told by an admin not to use the bomb. You were told the official reason you were not to use the bomb and why you were not justified in your actions. This ruling is final.

You then decided to run directly counter to that instruction and set the bombs off.

Which part of your ban is confusing?
For all they knew, I could have made it for mining.
No, we knew exactly what the bomb was for.
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #325293

cedarbridge wrote:
This specifically. You were told by an admin not to use the bomb. You were told the official reason you were not to use the bomb and why you were not justified in your actions. This ruling is final.

You then decided to run directly counter to that instruction and set the bombs off.

Which part of your ban is confusing?
For all they knew, I could have made it for mining.
No, we knew exactly what the bomb was for.
The part where this is clearly a farce. Alphonz was acting out of place. That was in one of the first things that Arm said. Alphonz was personally vested in the events as they occurred, and as such was not even close to impartial. He allowed the murder to happen, so if he disciplined Max for that, he should also have been in trouble, as he enabled the situation.

And then he banned me for killing valids. I'm not understanding the difference between bombing valids and shooting them.
feem

Post by feem » #325294

Can you tell me where you got the idea that Alph was the detective?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #325295

okay new look on this: completely deserved for reasons stated before but parts of this should be a complaint. it WAS poorly handled but i feel like it was just
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #325296

feem wrote:Can you tell me where you got the idea that Alph was the detective?
Where he said, in the ahelp "Detective ~~~ is on the scene"
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #325297

I went and grabbed logs. Alphonzo was never alive, he was a round-start observer. That's all I really have at the moment, but this is pretty important.
feem

Post by feem » #325298

...he says that a lot. It has nothing to do with being in-game. See above for logs.
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #325299

Armhulen wrote:okay new look on this: completely deserved for reasons stated before but parts of this should be a complaint. it WAS poorly handled but i feel like it was just
Why was this completely deserved? They killed me for no reason. Killing them in turn is fine escalation. I used the means at my disposals to do so. I had no weapons. (They didn't give me my stuff back after I was cloned)
feem

Post by feem » #325300

So we have a situation where you're appealing a ban for bombing as a non-antag head after being explicitly told not to, and justifying that act by saying that it was an invalid escalation on the part of the captain after you were explicitly told that it was valid and an IC issue in-round by an admin, and you claimed that the admin was in-game to try to get them in trouble and invalidate the claim, because...???

You have 18 notes and 10 bans in two months, several of which were for behavior almost identical to this.

Explain that please?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #325301

So he didn't answer his own ahelp, he gave a ban reason and the only thing I don't really like is off forums which isn't breaking policy at all.

uuuuuuuuuuuuh wow
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #325302

DiamondSentinel wrote:The part where this is clearly a farce. Alphonz was acting out of place. That was in one of the first things that Arm said. Alphonz was personally vested in the events as they occurred, and as such was not even close to impartial. He allowed the murder to happen, so if he disciplined Max for that, he should also have been in trouble, as he enabled the situation.

And then he banned me for killing valids. I'm not understanding the difference between bombing valids and shooting them.
1) Even if it were the case that he was personally invested in the events, you were still out of line for ignoring a ruling by a standing admin. If it were the case that he was invested personally in answering his hown ahelp, that would be grounds for a complaint but would not invalidate your banworthy behavior.

2) You don't determine what is and is not valid. When the admin tells you "no, don't do that" and you do it, you get banned.
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #325303

feem wrote:So we have a situation where you're appealing a ban for bombing after being explicitly told not to, and justifying that act by saying that it was an invalid escalation on the part of the captain after you were explicitly told that it was valid and an IC issue in-round by an admin, and you claimed that the admin was in-game to try to get them in trouble and invalidate the claim, because...???

You have 18 notes and 10 bans in two months, several of which were for behavior almost identical to this.

Explain that please?
1. The bombing was an escalation of force. They killed me, I returned in kind.
2. Even if the Captain did completely valid escalation (nobody's given me a reason on that). As many of my notes, which you were oh-so-kind to bring up, state, killing someone is not an IC issue, thus why I've been banned for killing in similar circumstances.
3. I didn't claim anything illogical or lie. From the evidence presented to me, it was a logical jump that he was the detective.
4. The notes are because I have in the past had a tendency to escalate quickly. This time, however, I escalated in kind. They attacked me, killed me, and so I attempted to kill the lot of them.
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #325304

cedarbridge wrote:
DiamondSentinel wrote:The part where this is clearly a farce. Alphonz was acting out of place. That was in one of the first things that Arm said. Alphonz was personally vested in the events as they occurred, and as such was not even close to impartial. He allowed the murder to happen, so if he disciplined Max for that, he should also have been in trouble, as he enabled the situation.

1) Even if it were the case that he was personally invested in the events, you were still out of line for ignoring a ruling by a standing admin. If it were the case that he was invested personally in answering his hown ahelp, that would be grounds for a complaint but would not invalidate your banworthy behavior.

2) You don't determine what is and is not valid. When the admin tells you "no, don't do that" and you do it, you get banned.
So you guys change the rules when you see fit? I kill someone for doing X thing but not causing harm and it's invalid. Someone kills me for doing nothing and it's valid?

Edit: Please, look at the rules page on the wiki and tell me specifically which rule made Max killing me valid.
feem

Post by feem » #325305

You've definitively lied several times in this thread. I'm not going to enumerate them because I believe that you know when you've done it and it's obvious to anyone reading the thread.

You were explicitly told that YOU were valid. That does not indicate an escalation path for you. That indicates that you deserved to die for your actions.

You were explicitly told NOT to use the bombs. You did.

Your prior notes were because you killed people who were NOT valid.

There is no escalation path between you and a single other player that leads to a legitimate circumstance in which you bomb the station. You've been told this several times before as an RD, including when you BoH bombed someone.
Last edited by feem on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #325306

feem wrote:You've definitively lied several times in this thread. I'm not going to enumerate them because you know when you've done it and it's obvious to anyone reading the thread.

You were explicitly told that YOU were valid. That does not indicate an escalation path for you. That indicates that you deserved to die for your actions.

Your prior notes were because you killed people who were NOT valid.

There is no escalation path between you and a single other player that leads to a legitimate circumstance in which you bomb the station. You've been told this several times before as an RD, including when you BoH bombed someone.
What actions, feem?! What exactly did I do! I didn't have any contraband, I didn't have any weapons, I didn't break into anywhere, I didn't cause harm.

And tell me exactly where I have lied. I don't have the admins abilities to see who is who in a round. The only power I have is to see the responses to ahelps, and those ahelps said "detective ~~~ is on the job" which leads to an assumption that they were the detective who watched the captain murder me.

Edit: And this isn't another player. This is at least 4 players.
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #325307

Okay, most of this stems from where I made a joke about "Detective Jan" being on the case, because I play detective a lot. I observed at the start of the round, and I wasn't the actual detective. Pax was right about making the jokes. He was so right. Despite that, screaming "DO YOUR JOB FUCKFACE" isn't the best way to start an admin conversation.

As I began to figure out precisely went on, your story kept changing. At first, the Captain and security had straight up killed you. Then, they only critted you. Then, you asked for them to lash you. That is where things got really, really, confusing. I could not, for the life of me, understand how you would want a Captain (and AI) held accountable for harm that you requested. That is classified as self harm. Not only that, but the Captain took several precautions to prevent your death from harm you asked for, then you succumbed at exactly -29 health. Then, you continued to argue with me back and forth, refusing to accept my verdict. The Captain had gained the right to harm you, even without your consent, to begin with because you recalled the shuttle after a democratic shuttle vote. That is insubordination. I couldn't take the time to check the shuttle votes, but, even if your accusation that the heads fudged the numbers was true, thats more proof that the Captain wanted to leave regardless.

I sent you so many PMs I lost count telling you that you cannot get revenge on the Captain or Security for harm that you requested, and SPECIFICALLY told you to not utilize those bombs in the way you said you would in deadchat.

It was something along the lines of "w/e I'm going to get cloned and bomb the cap and HoS".

Despite several direct warnings to not use those bombs you used those bombs the instant second after I sent your final warning.

ONTOP OF THIS, you lied about being harmed before you requested to be lashed. I'm not sure why. Maybe you just really wanted the captain to get banned?
And, you killed at least four people in those bombs.

Also, you forgot to mention, how you started the PM exchange via BYOND.
And, if you wanted to frame me as a metagrudging shitter who sends crude BYOND PMs, you should've screencapped the part where I called you a bumbling autist on BYOND.

feem

Post by feem » #325308

Your ban reason is clearly stated in the ban and note log. Can you please post a screenshot of what happens when you try to log in? It's possible that your statement that there was no ban reason isn't a lie as a result of the way you were banned, but I suspect you may not have noticed the ban reason when you tried to log in.

You stated that you were not instructed not to use the bomb. You were instructed not to use the bomb.

You stated that Alph was playing. Alph was not playing.

You stated that your killing of the captain was valid. You were explicitly told prior to your killing of them, in at least two different ways, that killing them would not be valid, but that you were validly killed.

It is substantially different to shoot someone than it is to bomb the station, killing multiple people, only some of whom actually attacked you, even if it WERE a valid escalation.

You have repeatedly been banned for similar behavior. It has been explained to you on several occasions that bombing is not a reasonable response to a person attacking you.

You took it upon yourself to break prisoners out as a non-antag without justification, in the guise of 'sparing them.' This in and of itself is actionable greytide behavior, especially given that you were a head.

You recalled the shuttle after the captain decided to call it without anyone to back you up, and got dunked for it, which is a pretty common occurrence, then violated at least two direct admin rulings, and then lied to admins who have logs of the facts behind the case.

Seriously, what?
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #325309

Hi I was the captain. I would first off like to apologize for laughing at you over BYOND pm's after you got banned. That was uncool of me, and I'm sorry. It was generally a stupid situation and I got carried away.

That being said, there's a few things your leaving out here. Cult is somewhat delt with, I ask the HoS if he wants a shuttle call he says yes. The AI which is in the HoS's office is nearly stolen by a cultist, showing cultists still exsist. I ask over the common channel if anyone wants me to call it. The result is yes, so I call it. You go and recall it afterwards, and start shouting at me over the radio. I call it again, but then recall it when everyone says they want it recalled. You show up to the bridge again, with an extended telebaton. I react and shoot disablers at you, as I thought you were going to rush at me, but you run out. You then tell the AI that I was "harming you" and that to bolt down all of sec. The AI doesn't of course, so then the HoS arrests you. I approach you in the brig and ask you if you want a 10 minute brig sentance for insubordination (recalling against me and the stations wishes) and sprinting at me with a raised telebaton. I also offer you 10 lashes from the chain of command whip thing the cap starts with. My thoughts there were I could have executed you for insubordination (allowed but dickish) brigged you for 10 minutes (allowed but boring for you) I instead decided that a whipping would get the point across and save you 10 minutes. I ask if you want the lashing, you say yes and I ask a nearby MD to have a medkit on standby incase I accidently crit you. I get up to about 8 lashes when you get crit, I motion the MD over but you succumb instantly. I drag you to medbay to be cloned but you refuse to be. You then ahelp me, which Mr.Alphonzo takes over. I calmly explain my reasoning and he tells me I'm all good. Later, you as a non antag, set off a maxcap on the bridge (shuttle had already been called) and nearly knocked me into crit and deafened me. I order a search of science and to secure the remaining TTV's. which sec gets on asap, later I hear an officer calling for help from xenobio (xenobio was culted and they were cranking out golems and converting them) I am shortly thereafter killed by a trio of golems.

Apologies for the Wall of Text. But this is what happened during the round from my perspective.
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #325310

MrAlphonzo wrote:Okay, most of this stems from where I made a joke about "Detective Jan" being on the case, because I play detective a lot. I observed at the start of the round, and I wasn't the actual detective. Pax was right about making the jokes. He was so right. Despite that, screaming "DO YOUR JOB FUCKFACE" isn't the best way to start an admin conversation.

As I began to figure out precisely went on, your story kept changing. At first, the Captain and security had straight up killed you. Then, they only critted you. Then, you asked for them to lash you. That is where things got really, really, confusing. I could not, for the life of me, understand how you would want a Captain (and AI) held accountable for harm that you requested. That is classified as self harm. Not only that, but the Captain took several precautions to prevent your death from harm you asked for, then you succumbed at exactly -29 health. Then, you continued to argue with me back and forth, refusing to accept my verdict. The Captain had gained the right to harm you, even without your consent, to begin with because you recalled the shuttle after a democratic shuttle vote. That is insubordination. I couldn't take the time to check the shuttle votes, but, even if your accusation that the heads fudged the numbers was true, thats more proof that the Captain wanted to leave regardless.

I sent you so many PMs I lost count telling you that you cannot get revenge on the Captain or Security for harm that you requested, and SPECIFICALLY told you to not utilize those bombs in the way you said you would in deadchat.

It was something along the lines of "w/e I'm going to get cloned and bomb the cap and HoS".

Despite several direct warnings to not use those bombs you used those bombs the instant second after I sent your final warning.

ONTOP OF THIS, you lied about being harmed before you requested to be lashed. I'm not sure why. Maybe you just really wanted the captain to get banned?
And, you killed at least four people in those bombs.

Also, you forgot to mention, how you started the PM exchange via BYOND.
And, if you wanted to frame me as a metagrudging shitter who sends crude BYOND PMs, you should've screencapped the part where I called you a bumbling autist on BYOND.

1. First thing. I wasn't on the station when the "vote" had happened. Check that. And, looking at the note when I was captain-banned for killing the CMO who had apparently just joined, despite being called out as a traitor in the round, someone who has just joined isn't valid for actions that happened before they joined. So you're wrong there.
2. I requested harm because it was an implied thing that it wouldn't kill me. It killed me. Arm has stated, and I quote "Critting someone is exactly the same as killing someone. Regardless if you heal them or not".
3. I did not lie about being harmed. The HoS beat me with his harmbaton. You should probably check the logs about that. Since the captain ordered this, both should be responsible.

As for the deaths, I'm curious who they would be, considering I only saw one security officer, and I broke out a prisoner and brought 3 other people with me away from the bomb.

PEdit: I see no ban reason, and Byond keeps crashing when I attempt to join. I could send you screencaps of that.
Alph's words to me were "what, wait" and then "stop making those bombs". That's all I got.
I had no way to tell if Alph was playing or not. I'm not an admin like you. I can't see that!
I was never stated that it wouldn't be valid. I was told that his killing of me was valid, apparently.
This is legit the second time that I've used a bomb on someone in revenge, and the first time, I was banned because it caused massive collateral, due to a BoH bomb at the shuttle.
I wasn't killed after releasing them, so I'm not sure why you're stating this. Graytiding is not, apparently, against the rules, given that people break in and steal shit all the time.
I recalled the shuttle because I had no basis that it was the Captain. The CE was in the bridge when I was recalling it, so I had reasonable suspicion that it was the CE. Furthermore, I was not on-station when the supposed "vote" happened. I can't be held accountable for that.
feem

Post by feem » #325311

So this just got better. Adding to the prior list:

By your own admission you got to the station late and immediately recalled the shuttle because you weren't there when the captain asked if the crew wanted to evacuate, then apparently were arrested nonharmfully and attempted to use the AI to get out of it.

When punished ICly for immediately calling the shuttle upon arriving, you purportedly succumbed when you got into crit and refused to be cloned.

We literally have logs of the admin messages that were sent to you in which you were told not to use the bombs.
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #325312

Qbmax32 wrote:Hi I was the captain. I would first off like to apologize for laughing at you over BYOND pm's after you got banned. That was uncool of me, and I'm sorry. It was generally a stupid situation and I got carried away.

That being said, there's a few things your leaving out here. Cult is somewhat delt with, I ask the HoS if he wants a shuttle call he says yes. The AI which is in the HoS's office is nearly stolen by a cultist, showing cultists still exsist. I ask over the common channel if anyone wants me to call it. The result is yes, so I call it. You go and recall it afterwards, and start shouting at me over the radio. I call it again, but then recall it when everyone says they want it recalled. You show up to the bridge again, with an extended telebaton. I react and shoot disablers at you, as I thought you were going to rush at me, but you run out. You then tell the AI that I was "harming you" and that to bolt down all of sec. The AI doesn't of course, so then the HoS arrests you. I approach you in the brig and ask you if you want a 10 minute brig sentance for insubordination (recalling against me and the stations wishes) and sprinting at me with a raised telebaton. I also offer you 10 lashes from the chain of command whip thing the cap starts with. My thoughts there were I could have executed you for insubordination (allowed but dickish) brigged you for 10 minutes (allowed but boring for you) I instead decided that a whipping would get the point across and save you 10 minutes. I ask if you want the lashing, you say yes and I ask a nearby MD to have a medkit on standby incase I accidently crit you. I get up to about 8 lashes when you get crit, I motion the MD over but you succumb instantly. I drag you to medbay to be cloned but you refuse to be. You then ahelp me, which Mr.Alphonzo takes over. I calmly explain my reasoning and he tells me I'm all good. Later, you as a non antag, set off a maxcap on the bridge (shuttle had already been called) and nearly knocked me into crit and deafened me. I order a search of science and to secure the remaining TTV's. which sec gets on asap, later I hear an officer calling for help from xenobio (xenobio was culted and they were cranking out golems and converting them) I am shortly thereafter killed by a trio of golems.

Apologies for the Wall of Text. But this is what happened during the round from my perspective.
Alright Qb. Let's explain this wonderful situation. I had literally just arrived on the station. I just saw you call it because of a virus that medbay already had the antibodies for. I was on the station for not even 3 minutes before you called it and I recalled. I told the AI that you were harming me for two reasons. The HoS had harmbatoned me earlier. Also, you shot me when you saw me with my reactive vest on, causing rad damage. Considered by most AIs to be human harm. I also told the Ai to bolt down security after the HoS arrested me. Minor details, but still.

I never saw any vote (besides the one where you called for 6-4, and that was after this whole "killing me" bit). Furthermore, you and the HoS escalated without bothering to, I dunno, ask why I recalled it. You just said "who recalled it" and insisted it was the AI (not going to go into why this is stupid), and then when I said I had done it, you then didn't ask why, but instead had the HoS attack me directly. I set off the maxcap in your office, but again, minor details.

Regardless, it appears this whole situation would have been avoided had you asked instead of shooting first.

Also, I might add that the HoS was shooting at me near space, so I likely would have been spaced, and he knew the reactive teleport was active.
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #325313

DiamondSentinel wrote: I did not lie about being harmed. The HoS beat me with his harmbaton. You should probably check the logs about that. Since the captain ordered this, both should be responsible.

I ordered no such thing. I ordered your arrest. That's it. Not being present at a democratic vote for a shuttle call, recalling the shuttle because you weren't present then screeching at the AI to bolt down sec and then ahelping when you succumb after you are crit in the middle of your punishment is idiotic. Then you go on to maxcap as a non antag because "hurr durr they hurt me and muh ahelp got rejected" is also idiotic. I don't know what you expect to happen when you do shit like that as a non antag.
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #325314

feem wrote:So this just got better. Adding to the prior list:

By your own admission you got to the station late and immediately recalled the shuttle because you weren't there when the captain asked if the crew wanted to evacuate, then apparently were arrested nonharmfully and attempted to use the AI to get out of it.

When punished ICly for immediately calling the shuttle upon arriving, you purportedly succumbed when you got into crit and refused to be cloned.

We literally have logs of the admin messages that were sent to you in which you were told not to use the bombs.
I recalled the shuttle for it being called for an invalid reason. They even said that the cult was culled, and I helped make the cure for the virus itself.

Additionally, since when is refusing to get cloned against the rules? I mean, apparently it's not against the rules to kill yourself as a borg over and over again, so I'm more confused about this than anything else you've said.
feem

Post by feem » #325315

DiamondSentinel wrote:I was on the station for not even 3 minutes before you called it and I recalled
This was a mistake. You don't come to the station, immediately assume the shuttle is called for no reason, and then recall it. What? Seriously?
DiamondSentinel wrote:Regardless, it appears this whole situation would have been avoided had you asked instead of shooting first.
No, this whole situation could have been avoided if you'd listened to what the admin told you.
DiamondSentinel wrote:I recalled the shuttle for it being called for an invalid reason
By your own admission you'd been there "3 minutes." How did you make this determination?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #325316

Denied. Maybe a headmin will feel sorry for you. If that doesn't work you can expect a rule 0, I don't think you're very healthy for the server at this time.

Fun fact: You've obtained more notes in the few months you've been here than I have the entire time i've been playing this server.

Also MrAlphonzo if you are talking from the position of a /tg/admin, regardless of platform, I expect the thin line of professionalism to be maintained.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current