Perma Ban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Perma Ban Appeal

Post by wesoda25 » #326479

Byond account and character name: Wesoda25 (Drone 685)
Banning admin: armhulenn
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permanent Ban
Ban reason and length: You, or another user of this computer or connection (wesoda) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is:
Attacking people as a drone, gave a very heart felt 12:34:02: Reply PM from-Wesoda/(Drone (685)): They are infantiles. He was not jewish. I did what I did not because I wanted to, but because I had to.
This ban was applied by armhulenn on 2017-07-11 19:41:18. Permaban
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: To be honest you kind of nailed it. I was previously playing as sec, and after giving a gun to a guy he shot me up (and then another sec). At the time I was relatively new to the antag side of the game, so I had only heard the name changeling, not actually knowing its dimensions. So I thought this was just some grey tide asshole (which I came to realize he wasn't), and became a drone and stabbed him like twice with a screwdriver. I was then contacted by an admin and still pissed, I threw out some bullshit answer.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Its been over a month since the incident and I've wised up in yogstation during that time. I regret what I did and don't plan to do it again in the future. Also, I thought and still think that fucking around as a drone resulted in a drone ban, not a perma. I'm guessing I received the perma because of my attitude to the admin, which I also regret. Anyways, this is my favorite server, and I would really enjoy to be allowed to play here again.

Side Note: After receiving the perma ban I deleted my account because I thought I was done with this game. About a day later I remembered that yog and sybil/basil are quite alike so I got a new profile. The one banned's name was Wesoda. My current one is called Wesoda25. Thanks.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: Perma Ban Appeal

Post by feem » #326487

You knew enough about the game to become a drone after getting salty but not enough to read the GIANT TEXT that pops up when you become a drone telling you to follow your laws and that you can't interact with the round?

Your prior notes indicate several behaviors where you either ignored rules, game instruction, or direct admin instructions. What assurances and evidence can you give us that you won't repeat this when you're unbanned?
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #326502

I read the giant text, and most of all I read that this results in a drone ban. What I did not see, nor what was available to see, was that my actions would result in a permanent ban, not a drone ban.

As for giving evidence, I guess I really can't. All I have to offer is my word, and of course you could add a note about how if I messed up one more time its perma ban, no appeals. I'm willing to accept the consequences for my future and prior actions, and am ready to rejoin the server, albeit in a more rule abiding manner. This, and I'll thoroughly re read the rules, as opposed to the quick scans I did earlier.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #326505

The rules don't exist so that you can pick and choose which bans you're willing to accept getting.

Outside of the drone policies that you violated, there are rules against both killing for no reason (which, given that the drone you spawned into has absolutely no connection to your previous life, counts) and metagrudging (which is exactly what you did).

I don't like that your defense of this behavior is 'I thought the worst that could happen to me for breaking the rules was a drone ban, so I went ahead and broke the rules.'
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #326509

it usually would have been drone but you gave that reply so i just thought you were griffing
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #326750

Yeah that's what I thought. Although I kind of like how your first reply to mine made it sound like you were just gonna take the answer no questions asked.

Anyways, please know this: at the time the thought didn't even occur to me (that of purposeful manipulation of the rules). I was out of control and when I received the ban I wasn't even surprised. It was only a couple days ago that one of my friends pointed out to me that I shouldn't have been banned, rather drone banned. Trust me, if I had known this sooner, I would have appealed sooner.

Another point that I want to stress is that I HAVE learned my lesson. Like I know this sounds like cheesy, suck up bs, but its not. This game is really fun, and I know that if I fuck up again, I won't be able to play it. Not only that but your attitude has clearly shone that if I do purposely shirk the rules in a deceitful manner it will be frowned upon and probably result in a ban.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #326757

I'd probably be okay with lifting this with some probation, i dunno cobby could probably work out the time and stuff.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #326763

i don't think a probation will do anything because, given the response in this thread, they'd probably wait it out before acting up again which doesn't fix the problem. if arm is going to unban (which I don't have an issue with) it's important for wesota to know that with this note he can expect to have generally harsher bans if not getting reperm'd on his next offense for a while. I'll let the admin who handles your next issue be the judge of whether they just remove you entirely or not based on your behavior since that time should you be unbanned.

Regardless, have the decision reflected on both accounts or someone will think he's Evading.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
AlekseiMt

Perma Ban Appeal

Post by AlekseiMt » #326787

Actually I remember the whole thing to be honest. Both deadcore1 and Fuzz_Pucker were afk. You to were whining to each other about who was stupid and gay and what not. Fuzz came back and was like, Ok, what happened. You admitted to griefing with TNT and Fuzz said 2 month unappealable ban.

Now, it has been about 2 months but, you said right before you got banned,
I cant stand this shthole with tehbuildingbob here.
Fuzz_Pucker: This shthole as in this server?
thesuperawesome: Yes, when tehbuildingbob is here
Fuzz_Pucker: Well then let me be the first to perma-ban you

After that, you got banned and now you have your thread. Thats just the situation as I remember it.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #326848

Pardon?
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #326950

AlekseiMt I think you may have posted on the wrong thread.

Anyways to the cobblestone guy I'm up with your offer. Admins can put a note saying that if I mess up one more time its night night forever or what not. You could also transfer over the admin notes to my current and only account (if you can not sure about it) so that nothing gets missed.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #326953

wesoda25 wrote:AlekseiMt I think you may have posted on the wrong thread.

Anyways to the cobblestone guy I'm up with your offer. Admins can put a note saying that if I mess up one more time its night night forever or what not. You could also transfer over the admin notes to my current and only account (if you can not sure about it) so that nothing gets missed.
That's what I meant by probation, but with harsher bans, i'm lifting it
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #327003

Ok thanks. I appreciate it.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #327040

remember to copy that to his new account and then go ahead and Ckey perm that wesota no numbers one if you haven't already.

When you do that you can resolve this :)
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #327041

Okay sure, thanks cobby
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #327043

I can't find the new one, wesoda25 explain!
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #327047

Armhulen wrote:I can't find the new one, wesoda25 explain!
You have to wait until he joins or you could do some VV black magic that may or may not work.

Get a simple mob, vv his key into it, and see if you can edit his notes then. If not you'll just have to wait until he logs on to the game with that account.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #327053

Okay, the ritual is done, this can be resolved