Post by Hunter » #326736

Byond account and character name: hunterh98
Banning admin: Owegno
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permanent ban from servers
Ban reason and length: Banbaiting/Lying
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 9:37 PM EST/GMT-5
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story:
I spend the first 5 minutes of the round getting janitor access and some general tools(crowbar/flashlight/cable ties), and then go get janitor gear to start cleaning floors. Clean floors and steal shoes, a fun way to be useful yet still prank folks since I couldn't get clown that round. I, dickishly, however, throw a bear trap in the corner of a hallway just to screw with any tiders running at full speed, but a sec officer grabs it, and then slips on the floor I'm cleaning. I take the opportunity to tie him up and steal his shoes for fun, but then trip on my own floor. I am then beaten to death by the shitcurity, and then thrown in perma, who then tells me that he can do as he pleases( https://gyazo.com/b6ef879bc9c8a1dee2a7713249fcffdb) (a regular sec officer), and watches me get killed by a zombie whilst laughing(He is fully armed to the teeth, by the way, easily solvable problem).

I ahelp within the first 3 minutes of the round about him beating me to death with a stun baton( https://gyazo.com/837e15d57a3b073ab2b3e6c576b1ce1c ) over being slipped and having his shoes stolen, and then ahelp again when thrown in perma, but unfortunately the staff that decides to take the ticket is a admin who previously had a major problem with me, Owegno, warning me for such things as, "lying to him about having all access"(An incident from a few days ago where a traitor hop gave me all access to piss the captain off, even though I asked for minor access as clown, to which I was beaten and arrested by sec and ahelped it).

Owegno then proceeds to act as if I'm a scoundrel and blatantly lied to him to get someone banned because he feels as if being slipped, restrained, and having your shoes taken is fair enough reason to beat somebody to death and perma them, all the while claiming to be able to do as they please, and then permanently bans me when an arguement breaks out about his abuse of power and status, since he harbors no positive feelings towards me to begin with after I called his bullshit out during the all-access incident, which he then proceeded to not refute or justify.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

PErmabanning for something as minor as this, and then passing off "Banbaiting" as "ARguing against being denied/punished" is childish, and shows Owegno making an ass of himself. This is no reason to permanently ban a player for something that is, in the very least of cases, a case of overescalation.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: [Owegno] hunterh98 - Permaban for 'lying'/Banbaiting

Post by feem » #326738

To make it clear, I'm not commenting on you purportedly lying or on the ban.

But yes, you absolutely deserve whatever you get if you slip and cuff and even partially strip an officer. If the officer thinks it's funny and lets you go, that's fine too, but they're more than authorized at that point to treat you like a dangerous criminal. I just want to reiterate: you tied up and partially stripped a security officer. I know all you did was take their shoes. But think about what you had to do to do that.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #326740

really blatantly misrepresented the situation, equates slipping and cuffing someone to hacking a door as "same level of severity," doesn't understand the concept of losing gracefully
0/10 stay banned.
Hunter
Byond Username: Hunterh98

Post by Hunter » #326741

captain sawrge wrote:really blatantly misrepresented the situation, equates slipping and cuffing someone to hacking a door as "same level of severity," doesn't understand the concept of losing gracefully
0/10 stay banned.
So stay permanently banned for the first account of not agreeing with Death + PErmabrigging because...shoes were stolen? I can understand beating to death and then reviving, but permabrigging and acting as if they can do what they please? That's going too far into shitcurity territory. Seems very blatantly misrepresented in my case if you ask me.

At the very least leave it at removing the ability to make future ahelps, but permanently banning over something like this is childish.
Last edited by Hunter on Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
feem

Post by feem » #326742

It wasn't the shoes that got you into the mess you were in with the security officer, it was the cuffing and capturing and stripping. That it happened just to be shoes doesn't change the methods you used to get there, which are themselves escalations against a security officer.
Hunter

Post by Hunter » #326743

feem wrote:It wasn't the shoes that got you into the mess you were in with the security officer, it was the cuffing and capturing and stripping. That it happened just to be shoes doesn't change the methods you used to get there, which are themselves escalations against a security officer.
But that shouldn't justify ending someone's entire round 3 minutes in.
feem

Post by feem » #326744

You said in your own post that you spent the first five minutes of the round breaking into shit, then say you ahelped him beating you for slipping him after you cleaned the floors with your broken-into-shit within the first three minutes of the round?

Your timeline doesn't work.

You slipped and cuffed a security officer, then stripped something off of him. Yes, it was shoes. Again, that doesn't change what you did to be able to take the shoes.

Also, how did you go from being beaten to death to arguing with the dude in perma?
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #326745

Here are the logs for both ahelps. (I left out the third one with the chaplain since he just told me he saw Sheryl beating Dick.)

Hunterh98:
Spoiler:
[01:25:14]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): And now he bolted me in perma.
[01:25:19]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): With the door closed.
[01:25:27]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): because he slipped
[01:26:18]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->InsaneHyena/(Sheryl Sherman): How did he try and kidnap you?
[01:26:50]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: InsaneHyena/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): He threw a beartap under my feet. When I fell on the ground, he started cablecuffing me, but slipped on the floor when a guy passed by.
[01:26:56]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): On top of that the shitty AI that doesn't wnat to be AI is flash spamming me so I can't move.
[01:28:58]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): Job ban the AI, too.
[01:33:07]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus): I told you only a few days ago not to lie to admins and banbait, and then you pull this shit. IC issue since you tried to kidnap them.
[01:33:18]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): I didn't try to kidnap thim you retard.
[01:33:25]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): What did I tell you about lying to me?
[01:33:31]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus): So you never tried to cuff them?
[01:33:44]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): I said I'm taking their shoes, that's not a reason to kill, perma, and then let them die.
[01:33:49]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): That's grade-A shitcurity
[01:34:06]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): So do you really want to lie more to make it seem like I'm the one in the wrong?
[01:37:48]ADMINPRIVATE: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov) has banned <a href='?priv_msg=hunterh98'>Hunterh98</a>/(Dick Butticus).
Reason: Banbaiting | 12:04:52: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus): Sheryl Sherman beat me to crit just because he slipped on a floor, please job ban him. | 12:06:17: PM From Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): Nothing else beforehand, you just slipped them? |
12:06:23: Reply PM from-Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus): Yeah. And now they're putting me in perma. | Sheryl told me they tried to kidnap them and I recieved this image: https://i.gyazo.com/ff6593261c9c1b883dd ... f712a4.png I told them not to lie only two days ago. If you want to banbait people go to another server you contribute nothing here.
This is a permanent ban.
[01:37:48]ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket <A HREF='?_src_=holder;ahelp=[0x2100bac4];ahelp_action=ticket'>#4</A> resolved by <a href='?priv_msg=owegno'>Owegno</a>/(Andrei Kuznetsov)
Sheryl Sherman
Spoiler:
[01:25:06]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Blank/(Sheryl Sherman): Hey, can you tell me why you permad Dick Butticus when you get the chance?
[01:25:26]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): Because he's a antagonistic shitbag who tried to kidnap me, and I'm not dealing with his hsit.
[01:26:18]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Blank/(Sheryl Sherman): How did he try and kidnap you?
[01:26:50]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): He threw a beartap under my feet. When I fell on the ground, he started cablecuffing me, but slipped on the floor when a guy passed by.
[01:28:26]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Blank/(Sheryl Sherman): Alright. Is there anyone who witnessed the whole thing? Beartraps and non-successful cuffings aren't logged for some reason.
[01:28:33]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): Chaplain
[01:28:41]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): Also, I can make a screenshot
[01:28:52]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Blank/(Sheryl Sherman): Sure that would be helpful.
[01:28:59]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): A little busy at the moment
[01:29:49]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): https://i.gyazo.com/ff6593261c9c1b883dd ... f712a4.png
[01:31:16]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Blank/(Sheryl Sherman): Amazing. Thank you. It's funny since I told the guy not to banbait and lie to admins only 2 days ago.
[01:31:38]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): Oh no, a greytider is about to get what's coming to him? What a nightmare.
You blatantly lied to me when I asked if anything happened besides you slipping them. This is ontop of what happened two days ago when I was telling you not to early launch the shuttle due to a disease that is already on the shuttle when you claimed that you had a hand tele portal to departures despite the fact it went to engineering (and I watched you try and force people off the shuttle with it FNR). In the same round you ahelped about security arresting you for being in front of the HoP's office, when you were actually were arrested for having more access then you should (which seemed to be nearly all access since I checked the HoP's ID and he had only one access more). I wasn't completely sure if you knew what you were actually arrested for which is why I decided not to note you for it, but your conversation with Armhullen left a bad taste in my mouth since it seemed like you knew beforehand by your reaction to being told you were arrested for more access then you should have.
Hunter

Post by Hunter » #326747

feem wrote:You said in your own post that you spent the first five minutes of the round breaking into shit, then say you ahelped him beating you for slipping him after you cleaned the floors with your broken-into-shit within the first three minutes of the round?

Your timeline doesn't work.

You slipped and cuffed a security officer, then stripped something off of him. Yes, it was shoes. Again, that doesn't change what you did to be able to take the shoes.

Also, how did you go from being beaten to death to arguing with the dude in perma?
>I broke into shit

Never in my post did I say I broke into anywhere, I grabed a crowbar and flashlight, and went to HoP to be a janitor, and wanted to take shoes while I cleaned the floors.
feem

Post by feem » #326749

Fair enough, I assumed from your building of a greytide kit that you'd broken into the Janitor's office. Apologies for the assumption.

The rest of my post stands, including the botched timeline and the dead-not dead-dead situation.
Hunter

Post by Hunter » #326751

Owegno wrote:Here are the logs for both ahelps. (I left out the third one with the chaplain since he just told me he saw Sheryl beating Dick.)

Hunterh98:
Spoiler:
[01:25:14]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): And now he bolted me in perma.
[01:25:19]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): With the door closed.
[01:25:27]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): because he slipped
[01:26:18]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->InsaneHyena/(Sheryl Sherman): How did he try and kidnap you?
[01:26:50]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: InsaneHyena/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): He threw a beartap under my feet. When I fell on the ground, he started cablecuffing me, but slipped on the floor when a guy passed by.
[01:26:56]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): On top of that the shitty AI that doesn't wnat to be AI is flash spamming me so I can't move.
[01:28:58]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): Job ban the AI, too.
[01:33:07]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus): I told you only a few days ago not to lie to admins and banbait, and then you pull this shit. IC issue since you tried to kidnap them.
[01:33:18]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): I didn't try to kidnap thim you retard.
[01:33:25]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): What did I tell you about lying to me?
[01:33:31]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus): So you never tried to cuff them?
[01:33:44]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): I said I'm taking their shoes, that's not a reason to kill, perma, and then let them die.
[01:33:49]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): That's grade-A shitcurity
[01:34:06]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): So do you really want to lie more to make it seem like I'm the one in the wrong?
[01:37:48]ADMINPRIVATE: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov) has banned <a href='?priv_msg=hunterh98'>Hunterh98</a>/(Dick Butticus).
Reason: Banbaiting | 12:04:52: Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus): Sheryl Sherman beat me to crit just because he slipped on a floor, please job ban him. | 12:06:17: PM From Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): Nothing else beforehand, you just slipped them? |
12:06:23: Reply PM from-Hunterh98/(Dick Butticus): Yeah. And now they're putting me in perma. | Sheryl told me they tried to kidnap them and I recieved this image: https://i.gyazo.com/ff6593261c9c1b883dd ... f712a4.png I told them not to lie only two days ago. If you want to banbait people go to another server you contribute nothing here.
This is a permanent ban.
[01:37:48]ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket <A HREF='?_src_=holder;ahelp=[0x2100bac4];ahelp_action=ticket'>#4</A> resolved by <a href='?priv_msg=owegno'>Owegno</a>/(Andrei Kuznetsov)
Sheryl Sherman
Spoiler:
[01:25:06]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Blank/(Sheryl Sherman): Hey, can you tell me why you permad Dick Butticus when you get the chance?
[01:25:26]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): Because he's a antagonistic shitbag who tried to kidnap me, and I'm not dealing with his hsit.
[01:26:18]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Blank/(Sheryl Sherman): How did he try and kidnap you?
[01:26:50]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): He threw a beartap under my feet. When I fell on the ground, he started cablecuffing me, but slipped on the floor when a guy passed by.
[01:28:26]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Blank/(Sheryl Sherman): Alright. Is there anyone who witnessed the whole thing? Beartraps and non-successful cuffings aren't logged for some reason.
[01:28:33]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): Chaplain
[01:28:41]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): Also, I can make a screenshot
[01:28:52]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Blank/(Sheryl Sherman): Sure that would be helpful.
[01:28:59]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): A little busy at the moment
[01:29:49]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): https://i.gyazo.com/ff6593261c9c1b883dd ... f712a4.png
[01:31:16]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov)->Blank/(Sheryl Sherman): Amazing. Thank you. It's funny since I told the guy not to banbait and lie to admins only 2 days ago.
[01:31:38]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Blank/(Sheryl Sherman)->Owegno/(Andrei Kuznetsov): Oh no, a greytider is about to get what's coming to him? What a nightmare.
You blatantly lied to me when I asked if anything happened besides you slipping them. This is ontop of what happened two days ago when I was telling you not to early launch the shuttle due to a disease that is already on the shuttle when you claimed that you had a hand tele portal to departures despite the fact it went to engineering (and I watched you try and force people off the shuttle with it FNR). In the same round you ahelped about security arresting you for being in front of the HoP's office, when you were actually were arrested for having more access then you should (which seemed to be nearly all access since I checked the HoP's ID and he had only one access more). I wasn't completely sure if you knew what you were actually arrested for which is why I decided not to note you for it, but your conversation with Armhullen left a bad taste in my mouth since it seemed like you knew beforehand by your reaction to being told you were arrested for more access then you should have.
First before we get into the main thing. The time with the clown all-access problem was that I was told, by the HoP, that I would only be given minor access(Front doors, i.e. can walk into medbay but that's as far as it goes), so when I Was arrested, beaten, and thrown in jail(be it perma or brig I Don't remember anymore), for what seemed to me a, "wrong place wrong time" situation. And if I'm not allowed to early launch shuttle when people's skin, and my skin, is melting off of the bone like they were ribs at ruby tuesday, then I don't know what you can call shuttle for, even though every traitor greentexted that round. I also used the handheld portal to make portals from the ship to the station(From engineering to wherever "random" hopefully lead to), so I justified that as, "letting additional people on". I also kept trying to stay out of the portal cause I didn't want to get caught by it.

So on the topic of the main thing, I percieved "Did you do anything beforehand" as a, "Have you attacked him before?", which I didn't. He just slipped there and ran over the bear trap while on patrol, I just acted like a shitter to steal shoes for laughs and untie him afterwards, yet slipped myself when people were running and bumping into me. I'd take brigging for that, but killing with a baton and permabrigging me is what shitcurity would do, and that's what he did, as well as watch me die to a zombie while he was fully armed to the teeth, standing right outside the cell.

Still, after taking a bit of time to think, and talking with Joan and you in particular. I want to apologize for being an ass during this whole fiasco, since the situation went from something meh to just a shitfest. I'll take something like being banned from ahelping, since I'm clearly too retarded to be allowed to use it. I shouldn't have acted out like child to being permabanned and the likes, as well as insulting you on the discord for my mistakes. I'll still deny me lying, since I know in my heart I had no intention to, but the case stands that it was just a situation that went sour on both ends. So in general, I hope we can fix this without resorting to a permanent removal.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master

Post by Owegno » #326752

I would personally be fine with an ahelp ban since this is based around their use of ahelp and not in-game conduct. However unless I checked wrong ahelp bans were never merged so I am unsure what to do.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #326754

Owegno wrote:I would personally be fine with an ahelp ban since this is based around their use of ahelp and not in-game conduct. However unless I checked wrong ahelp bans were never merged so I am unsure what to do.
Just note to reject his ahelps and he can appeal the note later
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Owegno
In-Game Game Master

Post by Owegno » #326756

Sure, I'll do that for now.