Appeals which have been closed.
pretendo

[mrglasses91] pretendo - Permaban for being banned on /vg/

Post by pretendo » #24934

Byond account and character name: Pretendo
Banning admin: mrglasses91
Ban reason and length: for ban evading on vg and being "general shit"
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-05-10 16:44:07 EST
Your side of the story: there was a highly controversial ban of me by an inexperienced admin that was honestly nonsense (I killed someone after he and an angry mob attacked me) and then I was banned here for evading that
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have served a ban for over three months, and now I want reconciliation
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: [mrglasses91] pretendo - Permaban for being banned on /v

Post by elyina » #24992

the only experience I can remember with you is you being terrible, I banned you a few times myself too. if you're being awful on our servers and have a poor history on others we aren't going to keep you around. please go into more detail; how have you changed, and why do you deserve another chance?
pretendo

Post by pretendo » #25007

That was when I first ever played SS13. I didn't find this after pubby servers, I heard of /tg/station from a thread and started playing there. I didn't really know where the boundaries were in terms of behavior. Now I just want to roleplay and contribute to the server, I understand the nuances of the game now.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #25011

You appeared in the IRC, were pretty poor towards Aurx and declared than ban evading is easy before saying you would so it, I think in relation to /vg/station.

Not a great start to the unban process.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #25021

I'm gonna go with no on this for now.
pretendo

Post by pretendo » #25027

So wait, the reasoning for the appeal being denied is that there is a bad history between Aurx and I? And this is after we had a conversation on IRC about admins making decisions without information and based on personal prejudices? Aurx sustained my ban because of his personal prejudices towards me. I don't even think he will deny that charge, he simply didn't have reasoning to deny my appeal, just like here.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #25028

I'm totally neutral here. I just saw a total lack of respect for literally anyone other than yourself in that chat as well as what essentially amounted to threats of ban evasion.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
pretendo

Post by pretendo » #25060

So rather than looking at the evidence, you're basing a ban off my tone? Or that I said I'm evading on vg? This is why I was indignant in the first place, I'm just trying to be an honest player with a 100% honest ban appeal. I have no malice or motivations besides just wanting to play and reconcile, but admins refuse to see this or the evidence and just say "ur not sucking up enough"
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #25065

[18:53] <Pretendo> So looks like my appeal was denied as predicted
[18:53] <Pretendo> Time to ban evade :v
[18:53] <Pretendo> Do people really think I'll how to the prejudices of some greasy otaku? The gall f some people I swear
[19:01] <Pretendo> That'd be insane
[19:01] <Pretendo> Am I though?
[19:01] <@oranges> no
[19:02] <Pretendo> I just like making NEETs fling their hot pockets and rage because I defied their lame power trips
You owe me a new hot pocket, you son of a bitch.

EDIT: Denied under the Pasikonik Doctrine, specifically for conduct on IRC. There was pages and pages of it, and it was all like that, spread over two days of 'conversations'.
RIP