[MrAlphonzo] Extricated - Banned for killing a guy then DC??

Appeals which have been closed.
Extricated
Byond Username: Extricated

[MrAlphonzo] Extricated - Banned for killing a guy then DC??

Post by Extricated » #333852

Byond account and character name: Extricated, not sure of my character name, I use a random one every time
Banning admin: MrAlphnzo
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Game ban
Ban reason and length: 1440 minutes, something along the lines of "killed a guy twho broke in without asking him to leave then disconnected"
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Like an hour ago, BST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil I think
Your side of the story: He broke in during a syndicate round then chucked me in the space disposal chute. I thought he was an antagonist so I beat him down, then tried dragging him to medbay but couldn't find it (I don't know the map well at all). I then spent another 20 minutes online before disconnecting.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I thought he was an antagonist given that it was a syndicate round, I tried to save his life, and the admin had 20 minutes to question me before I dced.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: [MrAlphonzo] Extricated - Banned for killing a guy then

Post by bandit » #333855

I can't speak for Alphonzo but this seems like the kind of ban that is just placed to get you to explain yourself on the forums since you DC'd when they would have asked you in game.

As far as "the admin had 20 minutes to question" again I can't speak for Alphonzo but people don't always ahelp right away. We prefer if they do, but it doesn't always happen that way.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Extricated

Post by Extricated » #333857

bandit wrote:I can't speak for Alphonzo but this seems like the kind of ban that is just placed to get you to explain yourself on the forums since you DC'd when they would have asked you in game.

As far as "the admin had 20 minutes to question" again I can't speak for Alphonzo but people don't always ahelp right away. We prefer if they do, but it doesn't always happen that way.
That's kinda sucky, I've explained myself now so can it be removed?
Extricated

Post by Extricated » #333859

cedarbridge wrote:Image

:honk:
>actually taking anything I say outside of official channels seriously
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #333860

>backpedalling this hard
Extricated

Post by Extricated » #333861

DemonFiren wrote:>backpedalling this hard
making a joke is irrelevant to the ban, stay on topic thanks x
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #333866

I was dealing with some tickets at the time, and it took me a moment to get to the ticket of your victim, my apologies for that. However, one of those tickets was your ticket, and you disconnected the moment I gave a verdict.

Victim claimed to have been murdered by you without proper escalation, I checked the logs.
He stole the mime's ID, went into the theatre, tried to dispense himself some costumes and then tried to disposal you as I'm assuming you were getting in their way or something of the sort.
After he failed to disposal you, you killed him.
Normally, killing people for breaking into your department is acceptable, only if you ask them to leave and they refuse, beforehand.

The logs made it seem straight forward.
He tried to disposal you, and you killed him without asking him to leave beforehand.

And no, saying "Fuck off", does not count as asking somebody to leave.

Also, presuming someone is valid over minor IC crimes is... indescribable levels of incorrect.

Regardless of you disconnecting, it still would've been a dayban.

I suppose I can remove you DC/ing from the ban reason, however.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
Extricated

Post by Extricated » #333871

MrAlphonzo wrote:I was dealing with some tickets at the time, and it took me a moment to get to the ticket of your victim, my apologies for that. However, one of those tickets was your ticket, and you disconnected the moment I gave a verdict.

Victim claimed to have been murdered by you without proper escalation, I checked the logs.
He stole the mime's ID, went into the theatre, tried to dispense himself some costumes and then tried to disposal you as I'm assuming you were getting in their way or something of the sort.
Normally, killing people for breaking into your department is acceptable, only if you ask them to leave and they refuse, beforehand.

He tried to disposal you, and you killed him without asking him to leave beforehand.

Also, presuming someone is valid over minor IC crimes is... indescribable levels of incorrect.

How is killing someone I thought was a syndi considered worthy of a day ban? He was acting antagonistically and I treated him as such. It was a syndi round, and I thought he was a syndi. Hell, I even tried to drag the guy to med afterwards to get him cloned or dealt with by sec (I wasn't sure if he was dead or just in crit)
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #333873

Extricated wrote:
MrAlphonzo wrote:I was dealing with some tickets at the time, and it took me a moment to get to the ticket of your victim, my apologies for that. However, one of those tickets was your ticket, and you disconnected the moment I gave a verdict.

How is killing someone I thought was a syndi considered worthy of a day ban? He was acting antagonistically and I treated him as such. It was a syndi round, and I thought he was a syndi. Hell, I even tried to drag the guy to med afterwards to get him cloned or dealt with by sec (I wasn't sure if he was dead or just in crit)
You can't just assume someone is an antagonist over something as minor as stealing an ID and dispensing some costumes.
You killed someone with improper escalation.
The punishment for that is, traditionally, a dayban.
At most, your "Fuck off" can be interpreted as telling him to stop trying to disposal you, which he did.
According to the logs, he did not resist any of your punches and just sort of took 'em.
Not only did you overescalate, but you failed to deescalate.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
Extricated

Post by Extricated » #333874

Can another admin weigh in on this? I've had similar stuff happen to me before and just been told it's an IC issue.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #333875

Kor and I both weighed in on this though I'll let him personally endorse this or not.

In any case, I endorse this ban.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #333877

I'm closing this since I don't think it's going to go anywhere.

Also it's probably best for you not to joke about evading when you literally have been banned in the past for
multiple ckeys on the same IP with a multitude of bans and warnings
along with several other bans regarding your short temper within the game.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current