[Kevinz000] Calibraptor - Banned for being a shithead

Appeals which have been closed.
Calibraptor
Byond Username: Calibraptor

[Kevinz000] Calibraptor - Banned for being a shithead

Post by Calibraptor » #334806

Byond account and character name: Calibraptor, can't remember my character name.

Banning admin: Kevinz000

Ban type: Permanent.

Ban reason and length: Being a massive griffon as a drone, releasing plasma, shocking doors, typical shithead griffon behavior.

Time ban was placed (Eastern Time): 2017-07-16 12:48:30

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I actually can't recall, sorry.

Your side of the story: Not much to tell, no admins were online and events transpired in which I got incredibly angry about getting permabrigged. I think it was over me killing an animal?

With no admins to vent my frustrations to, I took it upon myself to take my anger out on the entire station.

Basically, I went on a rampage as a drone, ruined a lot of people's rounds, and got my well deserved punishment for doing so.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I'd like to attribute my rampage to general SS13 burnout, coupled with just having a particularly bad day at the time. I've had quite a while to think about the consequences of my actions that day, and understand that I am wholly responsible.

That said, I /believe/ that my conduct prior to my 'outburst' was relatively acceptable, and that I didn't really have a reputation for being a shithead griffon beforehand. If I'm wrong about this, please correct me.

If I'm allowed to play here again, I promise this incident won't be repeated. I am sorry for my reprehensible behavior.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Kevinz000] Calibraptor - Banned for being a shithead

Post by Vekter » #334943

There are ways to contact an admin out of game. If all else fails, you can jump on our Discord and ping the Game Admin or Trial Admin group. I'm active most of the time.

How are we to know you won't react this way again in the future? Your excuse is very flimsy, going apeshit as a drone just because you're upset doesn't look good.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #335012

right ok first of all if there's no admins, you should try IRC and discord to contact any admins who aren't busy.
also, ahelps are relayed to the admin channel automatically if there's no active admins online.

that being said, do be aware that admins have (GOSH SHOCKING) outside game lives too!
that means until we somehow hire enough admins to have round the clock coverage, there will likely never be enough admins to cover all time slots/hours, and the server will be left on its own at some point at some day even if we had enough admins to cover everything because do remember this is volunteer work and it's not guarunteed that an admin will be on to hear your woes (although it's a good thing if they are.)

ban's 2 months ago, i'm going to assume you've chilled out and won't do this again, so i'm going to give it a few hours for other admins to respond, and if there aren't any valid negativity about unbanning you i'll be lifting this.
however, the droneban will stay in place for a duration of time(tm) after this because regulations regarding them and most other ghostroles are extremely strict, and i'm not sure you'll be able to handle them yet.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #335013

Play extra nice for a while or I'm just readding the ban.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current