Appeals which have been closed.
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

[ExcessiveUseofCobby] Midas Khan - Nonsense

Post by Zarniwoop » #340116

Byond account and character name: Dagum - Midas Khan
Banning admin: ExcessiveUseofCobby
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: As a botanist, was being harassed by the clown. Instead of asking to stop, proceeded to kill them then debrain them [albeit taking them to robotics]. Their initial response gave me a sense of previous round actions being the cause of improper escalation so i'm hoping this will give you some time to cool off. 60 minutes
Time ban was placed (including time zone): ~8:15PM Central
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: The ban claims I killed the clown when in reality, several members of the crew beat him to death because they were sick of him slipping everyone in medbay with the showers. Earlier, I had turned off the showers several times only to be slip-locked by the clown. I had physically thrown the clown away from medbay but failed to nicely ask the shitter to "please stop," as Cobby would have preferred. So to summarize, the clown wouldn't knock his shit off, the crew got fed up and killed him, and I completed the pacification process by having them borged. As far as past rounds go, yeah, I've watched him be a relentless shithead in other rounds. I don't see the 'previous rounds' bit as terribly relevant considering he was being a shithead the crew didn't want around THIS round.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's 60 minutes, I'm not worried about it. The reason is just inaccurate. It makes it sound like the clown slipped me a few times and I just straight up killed him when that isn't what happened. I don't want that shit in my notes if it's not what happened.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [ExcessiveUseofCobby] Midas Khan - Nonsense

Post by Cobby » #340121

Would you prefer I change it to specifically state that you debrained him when, again, you never asked him to stop? I have no problem with trashing the clown, but you need to take the necessary steps. Not doing anything then all of a sudden snapping to killing and debraining is not ok. I would have happily talked with the other people involved but he had only ahelped you.

This is how you opened up the ahelp with me after I asked what happened [76473, I'm using ingame reader] hence why I've assumed from the getgo that the lack of proper escalation was due to rounds beyond this one.

[00:59:16]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dagum/(Midas Khan)->ExcessiveUseOfCobby/(Lola Cobblestone): Is always a shit to me, was a shit to me, got borged

Also shortly after when I asked for your story this is what I got.

[01:00:59]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dagum/(Midas Khan)->ExcessiveUseOfCobby/(Lola Cobblestone): The constant slip-locking, not taking the bodies to med and following them to fuck with the process of people he put into crit. He's kept people slipping in medbay for the entire shift so I got rid of him [bolded was Cobby's doing]

I had made the assumption that you were the puppeteer in all of this considering how you worded your messages to me. If there's a misunderstanding here I'd be happy to lift the ban, but from what I'm seeing you still jumped from *nothing* to kill and debrain over circumstantial slipping and well *clowning* around.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #340140

Not to peanut post but he just outlined in his post the other members of the crew killed the clown.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #340176

Am I reading this correctly, does the ahelp state that the clown was putting people in crit and slipping people trying to prevent their death by healing? If this is true that would seem like the clown is doing more than ye Olde slipping.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #340222

Im on mobile now but I don't recall the clown critting anyone besides the geneticists who tried to take it to violence and lost.

I hate dealing with escalation issues like these but you NEED to make it verbally clear that you want X to do Y, which is in this case to stop slipping. A throw can be taken as counter messing with and being lighthearted about it.

Even if you were not the one who laid the killing blow, you were the one that hid/debrained the body, which I can edit the ban to reflect if that's what you want.
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #340348

Yeah, that's fine. As long as it's clear an angry mob killed the clown and not me.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #340426

ExcessiveJMadison wrote:Im on mobile now but I don't recall the clown critting anyone besides the geneticists who tried to take it to violence and lost.

I hate dealing with escalation issues like these but you NEED to make it verbally clear that you want X to do Y, which is in this case to stop slipping. A throw can be taken as counter messing with and being lighthearted about it.

Even if you were not the one who laid the killing blow, you were the one that hid/debrained the body, which I can edit the ban to reflect if that's what you want.
Is borging instead of cloning someone a banworthy offense?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #340430

CPTANT wrote:
ExcessiveJMadison wrote:Im on mobile now but I don't recall the clown critting anyone besides the geneticists who tried to take it to violence and lost.

while that's not really removing someone from the round you'd probably imagine someone expecting to be cloned to get a liiiittle irritated that they got made into a silicon bound to laws by random.
not nearly as drastic as gibbing/spacing/cremating/hiding bodies, but i'd say it's not something that should be done at a whim.
im probably going off topic though.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #340501

CPTANT wrote:

Are you asking me if cloning and borging are of equal value or are you asking me if doing X always equal a ban?

Regardless, the answer is probably no.