Github Username: Jarektheraptor

Note Appeal

Post by Jarek » #343088

Here we go again.

Byond account and character name: Jarektheraptor - Loves-The-Lizards
Noting Admin: Qbopper on all occasions
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Note
Ban reason and length:
First one: Banned from Research Director, Scientist, Roboticist - Turned themselves into a chaos carp via science. Ended up accidentally killing (then reviving) someone, then changing someone who attacked him into a monkey. After consulting with admins and reviewing notes, I think a break from science for a few days is reasonable. EDIT: Ban lifted after further discussion/talks with admin. Both parties were overreacting, all worked out in the end. Given a warning to avoid future situations where the only option is to go nuclear. Once the situtation cleared up was extremely reasonable and admitted to their mistake

Second one: As a nonantag scientist, made a shitload of gold slime reactions. Managed to keep the results all sealed off, but turned themself into a chaos carp. Managed to kill one person (though revived them) almost immediately. Once again, has a habit of stuff that isn't outright actionable but is certainly kinda shitty behaviour EDIT: disregard, see 2017-02-02 17:18:30 | Sybil | qbopper

Third one: Once again stole the spare ID as a non-antag, made themselves RD - seems to have a habit of doing this. EDIT: for context, only ever does it during lowpop rounds with no captain/HoP, rarely if ever abuses it

Fourth one: As clown, broke into cap's office for spare ID (no HoP/cap). Obviously got dunked on, but the warden was with him (?) and asked for all access. Said no, got tail cut off/kidnapped by warden. Ahelping after you get caught doing something dumb is stupid (even if the other party escalated awfully), don't encourage this shit from them in the future

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: So from the first one, The note doesn't really make much sense to me as is, It's a note saying I was banned but was edited to say that actually wait no that's not true. I'd like it removed or atleast edited to better reflect the situation. From what I can remember I turned myself into a chaos carp and was wandering around the halls, and some guy decided he'd attack me because IT'S NOT HUMANOID IT'S VALID or something. I shot back with a carp bolt that just so happened to be a change bolt. I was in the process of trying to change him back to a human again and unfortunately death bolted him and then revived him again, and then got bwoinked. I don't remember the rest but I think he was stuck as a monkey.

The second one ties into the first one pretty massively but I will add on that the gold slime reactions were contained in the same way I always contain xenobio reactions and the cores were injected with blood anyway so the monsters were non-hostile. It's pretty commonplace for xenobiology to be spamming gold slimes to get a good monster to either possess or give sentience to so I don't see the problem here.

Third one: Whilst I did take the all access ID a couple of rounds in a row, it was on low-pop and I don't recall rushing directly there at roundstart, I think I ended up doing some rnd then checking to see if there were any people willing to secure the ID, and then i'd take it for myself considering nobody else wanted it and used it to help make doing science easier.

Fourth one: Whilst I do agree getting dunked on and then ahelping when things go wrong is silly I think I ahelped mainly because he was taking me to the execution room and I thiiiiiiink I might've guessed wrong on what he was going to do. I believe it may have also fallen under the same branch as "lowpop no captain ect." situation that the third note talks about but I don't remember very well so I'm bringing it up just to be safe, don't really care about this one as much as the rest, though.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Note Appeal

Post by onleavedontatme » #343095

Fourth is valid

Third I'm most confused by since the note explicitly states you aren't doing anything wrong

The carp note probably doesn't need to be there either but I understand why the admin placed it at least
Jarek
Byond Username: JarekTheRaptor

Post by Jarek » #343096

Fourth I least care about and I just added to check so :ok_hand: anyway
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #343102

it's been a while since these happened

1st note, you WERE banned but it got lifted right away after we kept talking about it - the story you describe isn't how I remember it going down, but my memory is laughably bad and I don't really think it's a big deal if you haven't done anything similar recently

2nd note, yeah why did I make that

3rd note, yeah probably can be safely deleted

4th note, you broke into the captain's office and ahelped when you got dunked, I think it's reasonable to say "don't encourage this" because >you ahelped after breaking into the cap's office

basically yeah everything but the 4th note I won't contest removing, the 4th note I think has some merit because ahelping after you put yourself in a situation like that is pretty memey
Limey wrote:its too late.
Jarek
Byond Username: JarekTheRaptor

Post by Jarek » #343109

Seems good to me, I don't think there's any reason to keep this open any more?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #343120

Jarek wrote:Seems good to me, I don't think there's any reason to keep this open any more?
^

i'll remove the notes when i get a chance or if someone else could do it for i'd appreciate it
Limey wrote:its too late.