[Pandarsenic] Sean Dink - Permaban for metagaymen

Appeals which have been closed.
Daftspy
Byond Username: Daftspy

[Pandarsenic] Sean Dink - Permaban for metagaymen

Post by Daftspy » #26660

Banning Admin: Pandarsenic

Byond Account and Character Name: Daftspy - Sean Dink/Patrick Thompson/Ziggy Stardust

Ban Length and Reason: Permaban - Daftspy, MelonsGeorge/Cirukcaller/Otherkeys; Put on metacommunication watch roughly a month ago for immediately telling each other of antag status, going on a team killing spree and doing what appeared to be silently coming to each other's aid when stunned without being seen by each other. The month of observation has turned up the two of them frequently logging in at about the same times, establishing minior IC probable cause, and proceeding to give each other assistance, all-access, screen each other, or otherwise work in a manner indicating ooc favor. Indicating this incident was indeed outside the bounds of the game's confines.

Date Ban was Applied: 3/20/14 4:33pm GMT -5

Your side of the Story: Well, we were in meta communication over skype. Yes, it is wrong to do this and I understand and understood that. Though In my defense when I rushed to his aid on the bridge it was because I heard the sound of a stun baton hitting somebody and suspected that he was under attack. Nothing I can say here will make me less guilty of what I did in the past year of playing on TG.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I had begun playing on vg around the time it was brought up. I was banned for the exact same thing and when I was banned here I ban evaded over to vg. I was caught but in the time that I played on vg I hadn't metagamed with any of my usual friends, instead going out of my way to avoid them all together or just not play while I'm in a call with them. Pomf saw this and gave me another chance, unbanning my main account and putting me on observation (I assume). Since then, college has started and I have less time for spacemen but I miss tg, I am genuinely sorry for what I did and I know that most of the people here are just playing to have fun while we were undermining that.

I really feel that I actually have changed my style of play, I've always been an RPer, I come from a private wow RP server and I've found myself applying the same rules and character development to my space station characters. I am willing to be under observation or continue the length of my ban until 3/20/15 but I really want to play on tg again. I miss the RP that I had on Badger and the fun rounds on Sybil.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: [Pandarsenic] Sean Dink - Permaban for metagaymen

Post by Pandarsenic » #26714

I'm really hesitant to ever lift this for either of you given that you set out to be round-ruining scourges as much as possible and that Cirukcaller is one of the worst shitlers this server has ever seen.

Like, I want to be clear here that you know how bad what you were doing was.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Daftspy

Post by Daftspy » #26720

I know that, he's a friend of mine but he takes SS13 like a game you have to win and I know how terrible that is. As a person who literally hates valid hunters now, I can't stand that style of play.
Daftspy

Post by Daftspy » #26815

I would also like to mention that I am genuinely remorseful for what I did. I understand how shitty valid hunting and murderboning is and how much It completely ruins others playing experience. If I am not to be unbanned then this is completely acceptable. I just had a chat with pomf a few days ago when the whole evading thing happened, he told me that it's better to attempt to clear your name than it is to attempt to start over with another so I figured I should at least try it.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #26816

I wouldn't personally lift this ban. You've had plenty of chances to shape up before this, and I remember you as one of the most nonsensically hostile/griefy people on the server until your permaban.
Daftspy

Post by Daftspy » #26866

I'm not sure if you remember who I am. Most of the time I didn't do much, a few fights and arguments on badger but about 60% of the time I was either dead or messing around in space or cargo. No offence but I think you're blowing that bit out of proportions. You're making me out to be the guy that was setting off welding tanks and slicing people to death with a screwdriver for literally no reason when that was far from the case. I was a metagamer with a group I had RPed with on Badger, I didn't go around detonating bags of holding or lasering random people because I thought they were traitors.

I was a metagaming shit and I was a powergaming valid hunter. I didn't blow up eva, escape and I didn't throw the clown into the gibber ya know.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #27086

Iunno, man... you systematically shat on the other players any time your meaty friend could drag you into it (pretty often) and more than a little just because anyway for like... at least a year. I guess I'd like to open things up to anyone else's input about the matter... so I guess (if I'm allowed to?) I'm saying the steno rules don't apply here for as long as people can remain civil to talk about good or bad experiences they had with you, reasons to keep or truncate the ban, etc.

'Cause right now I'm reaaaally iffy about lifting it at best.
Sven12
Byond Username: Exalted12

Post by Sven12 » #27101

Maybe put him on long term probation?
Sven Brunner, Beheader of Personnel, CKey: Exalted12
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #27112

I'll be completely honest here. Awhile back, when I was an observer, I had some very great rounds with daftspy. I don't know when this was, nor do I know if they had a friend on at the time, nor do I speak for anyone else, but , I observed good role-play and good playstyle for the short interaction I had with daftspy. They are capable of being a good player, I only just witnessed a window it seems.
Daftspy

Post by Daftspy » #28041

Any verdict?
Daftspy

Post by Daftspy » #29043

Hello, mates?
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #29051

Well, Cirukcaller is so incredibly awful that he's never going to be unbanned as long as I exist, so I guess I'll lift this with ultramegaprobation.