Appeals which have been closed.
Xango
Byond Username: Xango

Banned By Okand

Post by Xango » #353966

Byond account and character name: Xango-- Grandpa Wile

Banning admin: Okand

Ban type (What are you banned from?):Both servers

Ban reason and length: Killed a janitor with one other person because he was wetting clean floor tiles to slip people on purpose

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-11-06

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: The janitor was wetting random floors at shift start which I noticed and called out on the radio. After he didn't start me and Paul Morgan decided to chase the janitor through the halls where he slipped many more people with his space cleaner sprayer that he had filled with water to slip people. We caught him and restrained him, after somebody helped him run we beat him up and put him in a slime pen. I had to go AFK after that because I was eating breakfast so I just assumed that he would get cloned because the RD was there and he had seen us.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think I need a unban but a ban time reduction would be very nice. I don't have much time to play in the week and I love playing on weekends because of constant highpop. It is currently 10:25 AM on a Sunday in my country which means I won't be able to play at all today because of my stupid mistake which didn't end up ruining anyone's round. I think a 6 or 8 hour ban would be fine so I could at least play this afternoon a little bit.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Banned By Okand

Post by Armhulen » #353969

if you can't do the time...
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #353973

I mean, its a ban. A ban is a punishment. Admitting that you did something that merits punishment but then saying "well, I'd really like to just skip the punishment part of the punishment" is something else.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #353974

As Armhulen mentioned, "if you can't do the time... don't do the crime." Standard time is 1440 minutes (24 hours) for each individual wrongfully killed as a non-antagonist.

While I do try to be lenient in my bannings and often try to reduce ban timers accordingly, you have had previous notes on similar issues of over-escalation and vigilantism. We do always try to look towards the best interest of the playerbase and the server, and we do always try to give additional chances and leniency. However, since you still repeated a similar action despite having previous warnings of a similar caliber, you were unfortunately met with a standard punishment.

If you look on the bright side, it can be good to take breaks from space station 13 as it is an easy game to burn out on. Perhaps consider using the time to do something refreshing and new or play a different game? You could try playing for another server in the afternoon, too, and see what you think!
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #353975

And with that:

A ban is a ban, you can't say it's only a half

other headmins can lift if they wanna etc etc