Post by Xango » #356233

Post Content: Got banned by Beesting for IC in OOC

Byond account and character name: Xango

Banning admin: Beesting

Ban type (What are you banned from?):server

Ban reason and length: Deliberate IC in OOC

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 18:23

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: Ash Drake was on the station and this guy constantly talked about the ash drake deleting brains. I was about to leave so before I left I typed; "Ash Drek delet my bran, plz ban he"

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I don't want to be unbanned, it is a 30 min ban and even I'm not that big of a sack of shit to appeal that. I just want some explanation on how this is ick and why I should be banned. I didn't give any info about the round and "Ash Drek delet my bran, plz ban he" isn't very IC is it?
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Ick Ock Ban even tho I didn't

Post by BeeSting12 » #356236

You were talking about something relevant to the round, an ash drake, deleting your brain. Even if it wasn't meant to be IC in OOC, it came out like it, so I banned you. It also looked deliberate because of the whole stupid nature of the message.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #356240

"References to the current round, even if vague; is still considered being IC in OOC."

Assuming the earlier context, "Ash Drek delet my bran" could easily be taken as you mentioning an ash drake had killed you and "deleted your brain" or gibbed/devoured you. It is a silly way to mention it, but generally IC in OOC-whether intentional to be a jest or not-can still classify as IC in OOC, as it is often one of our more strictly enforced rules due to how common it can be, especially for newer players. The example of what you said can qualify as a "vague" reference to the round.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #356246

I don't want to be unbanned
Alright well since Okand summed it up pretty well i'm going to close this.

Also honestly it's a lot easier to contact someone on supportbus than have to fill out this over a 30 minute ban you just want some quick clarification on. Don't even have to register or anything, just go https://qchat.rizon.net , pick a cute name, put "#supportbus" as the channel, and huzzah!
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current