[Duncdar] Nilons - Execution under extenuating circumstances

Appeals which have been closed.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

[Duncdar] Nilons - Execution under extenuating circumstances

Post by Nilons » #356973

Byond account and character name: Nilons - Ostrava of Nanotrasen
Noting admin: Duncdar
Note: Warned - As the HoS, they executed a crewmember during a Nuke Ops round for telling people there were stealthops present despite telling said crewmember to not let others know about the ops (for the element of surprise). Was planning on perma'ing them, but went to an execution after the crewmember gave him some lip about betraying him/being shitcurity and an op appearently being outside of perma. Was understanding and told to avoid doing this in the future.
Time note was placed (including time zone): August 2017
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story:
>be HoS
>through one way or another, we have a stealth op explode in a death around no one else, AI alerts security and we get there and clean it up before the crew is alerted
>have a huge edge on stealth ops because we know they're around, have a syndie headset, and they don't know we know they're onboard
>tell the security force and the 1 lawyer because he was there, DO NOT tell anyone in the crew about the ops because of this massive advantage we have and to avoid panick
>we have compromised the nuke ops channel without them knowing, and the crew isn't panicking, there's a chance we might not even have to call the shuttle because of them
>lawyer immediately runs to the bar, tells the first greyshit he sees to yell that theres stealth ops over the radio
>greyshit is equally shit to everyone, so he also mentions that he was told to do this by the lawyer
>go to perma the lawyer, he starts trying to convince other sec officers im rogue and that im a stealth op calling me a traitor etc
>see a fucking op outside of the perma windows, kill lawyer on the spot because i do not have time for this shit with actual antags around and that op could be breaking open perma/armoury
>also have the suspicion the lawyer could be a stealth op who'd gotten his hands on an implant
>dunc pms me asking if I have time, don't think its gonna take long because of the events and say yes, end up having a 25 min conversation about it while im still the hos on a nuke ops round
Why you think the note should be removed: The lawyer openly sabotaged securities plans, tried to convince other officers I was rogue in a time of extreme tension and did all of this for literally no reason but to be shit. I agreed to the note at the time because I had only said I had time to talk about it because I figured it was gonna be one of those "Bwoink: whyd you do thing" "reason" "ok ic issue". Even with all that, which I think should warrant an execution in and of itself, I went to perma him but saw an OP floating outside of perma. I had already suspected he might be another stealth op and I didn't have time to put him through the procedure of permaing him with an OP right outside sec so I executed him. While I understand its not inherently bad for the crew to know about ops, after the HoP hands out all access and RND hands out guns its damn near impossible to salvage the round, whereas what I was trying to do was quietly hunt down the ops and have a clean shift.

Edit: I've been keeping my eyes peeled and looking for duncdar for about month and haven't seen him on, so I'm essentially appealing to headmins although he did place the note as a trialmin so I think regular ol' game admins can throw in?
Last edited by Nilons on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [Duncdar] Nilons - Execution under extenuating circumsta

Post by Arianya » #356974

Generally in the past, its been ruled that crises (i.e. rev, nukies, cults) result in relaxed escalation to crew, especially where crew are acting in opposition to security, partially under "act like an antag get treated like one" and the more general Rule 1 Precedent 2, which reads, in part:
Acceptable escalation is defined as not using an excessive amount of force to control a situation. [...] Multiple factors are considered here, including but not limited to [...] who instigated the conflict and why, the state/general situation of the station [...]
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #356976

Yeah one of the things I wanna get at is if its just on the precipice of being ok, would the circumstances of being one of the most important/stressful roles on the station for the gamemode not push it over?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #357008

> don't say anything so Nuke ops don't start slaughtering the crew
> immediately goes and tells someone
> F1s when you get canned for it

Almost sounds like baiting tbh.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Duncdar
Byond Username: Duncdar

Post by Duncdar » #357229

Someone can just remove it whenever and resolve the thread afterwards please, if I'm not able to get on at the same time as you.
~lighter than Aire~
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #357248

I lifted it, lock whenever
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Duncdar
Byond Username: Duncdar

Post by Duncdar » #357264

Thanks!
~lighter than Aire~