Appeals which have been closed.
poljik2

[saegrimr] poljik2 - New player misunderstanding

Post by poljik2 » #28685

Byond account and character name: poljik2, Sigun Akrularan
Banning admin: saegrimr
Ban reason and length: Multikeying, unresponsive to ahelps
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-09-13 19:48:28 CST
Your side of the story: I introduced my sibling to the game and left them to their own devices after showing them how to switch hands, etc. Because of their newness, they must not have realized that they were being pm'd by saegrimr. And about the whole same name thing, we both maintain very similar usernames.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Because I was only showing my sibling the game. I don't think any crime was committed, though correct me if I'm wrong.
What a fucking ordeal.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [saegrimr] poljik2 - New player misunderstanding

Post by Saegrimr » #28749

Assuming it was your sibling, its still really suspicious to have poljik4 logged in, go completely still while poljik2 logs in and ghosts, then after a while logs off while the initial character resumes running around.
On top of that your old account has been banned for metacomms before, which if this isn't multikeying then this would be metacomms.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
poljik2

Post by poljik2 » #28751

I don't recall joining the server after showing them the game, and the way I was teaching them was by standing over their shoulder and pointing things out. I don't even remember getting on the server at all yesterday, but I may have briefly played before my sibling asked me to explain the game to them. At that point I left the server (i.e. went brain dead) and helped them set up byond, and eventually showed them the basics of gameplay. The only other time I even touched SS13 yesterday was when I join a friend's private server to dick about. Then I went to play Dank Souls and a bit of Gmod.

Of course, keep in mind that my short term memory is pretty bad, so I may have mixed up a few things. I'd hate to make you look through logs of the round, but I think those would confirm my absence from the game and their presence.
What a fucking ordeal.
poljik2

Post by poljik2 » #28754

Oh, and about the whole metacomms thing in the past, funny story, I was trying to show another family member the game. That time, however, I made the mistake of playing at the same time as them, and in the same room. Heh. That was pretty fun to explain.
What a fucking ordeal.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #28759

[15:48:03]ACCESS: Login: Poljik4/(Poljik4) from [***] || BYOND v506
[16:19:41]ACCESS: Login: Poljik2/(Poljik2) from [***] || BYOND v506
[16:19:41]ACCESS: Notice: Poljik2/(Poljik2) has the same IP (***) as Poljik4/(Suzie Brown).
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
poljik2

Post by poljik2 » #28766

Huh. What was I doing that round? Because I honestly don't recall. Was I on for long? You see, how I remember it was I got them set up and then backseat game'd them for an hour or so, literally standing behind them and giving pointers on how to play.
What a fucking ordeal.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #28774

poljik2 wrote:Huh. What was I doing that round?
That's what i'd like to know.
poljik2

Post by poljik2 » #28776

Well, since the logs say I came on, I'd assume that I took the miner role, as it's my favorite at the moment. And by ghosting, do you mean typing 'dead' and then sectating? I don't know hold long I stayed on for, or what my sibling was doing, as they were downstairs. I'd have to assume that the whole 'afk while I was on' thing was a coincidence.

Sorry if this whole thing is coming off as jumbled and incoherent. I'm honestly quite flustered at the moment.
What a fucking ordeal.
poljik2

Post by poljik2 » #28788

I don't suppose you could link me to the logs to have a look myself? I think it would help clear up some confusion on my end.
What a fucking ordeal.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #28828

So poljik4 was wandering around the kitchen/bar mostly.
The logs show you logging in from poljik2, and during which I had started watching poljik4 and saw no movement untill poljik2 logs off again at [16:20:41]

Afterwards, poljik4 starts moving again and leaves the kitchen to roam the station which, to me, looks like you were specifically looking for something after logging in from another account to ghost and find it.

Also the whole "my brother did it" excuse generally gets appeals sent straight to the trash.
poljik2

Post by poljik2 » #28849

Huh. That's really odd. So I logged in for exactly one minute and my sibling stopped moving for that exact amount of time? That has to be a bug, or something, considering I'd have to climb two sets of stairs to get to my computer from theirs.

Ah, and that really helped jog my memory! So, now I remember that the first time they started playing on the server, or even SS13, the game was already in progress. I think I told them to choose assitant just so they could get their bearings with being relied upon by any other station staff. Before the round ended, we were trying to find the HoP to get reassignment. The HoP had locked down his office at the time, so they ended up just getting on the shuttle when it came, still an assistant.

Before they had even started playing, I helped them set up their occupation preferences, and they had wanted to be the chef. But when the next round started they ended up being a doctor. That was the point at which I left them alone, but I checked up on them a few more times, and recall them loitering about the kitchen, wanting to be the chef's assistant, or something.

Again, all of this was backseat gaming. That one minute login must have been an error.

What it comes down to is that all I can do is tell you truth and hope that you believe me. I can say I have no malicious intent, but you will always have the final word.
What a fucking ordeal.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #28851

Take a picture of you together with your shoes on your head and your usernames in highlighter on a piece of paper or something.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
poljik2

Post by poljik2 » #28863

Alright, I'm gonna PM the photo to you, saegrimr.
What a fucking ordeal.
poljik2

Post by poljik2 » #28865

Ok, so .jpg and .png extensions aren't allowed? How do I send the photo?
What a fucking ordeal.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #28867

terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
poljik2

Post by poljik2 » #28868

Oh yeah, I forgot I'm fucking retarded

[imgur link goes here]
Last edited by poljik2 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
What a fucking ordeal.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #28875

I can't believe Pandarsenic actually asked that, and I can't believe you actually did it.
On the good side, congrats, your story checks out. On the bad side You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.
poljik2

Post by poljik2 » #28877

I am, but my sister obviously is not. Oops
What a fucking ordeal.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #28878

Alright well, ban lifted on poljik2. I really don't want to be seeing any poljik1, 3, 5+
poljik2

Post by poljik2 » #28879

What a fucking ordeal.
This better go down in spess man history.
Thanks for your time, based saegrimr.
What a fucking ordeal.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #28880

I think you're already a minor celebrity for actually going through the trouble to take that picture.