Appeals which have been closed.
Vendetta2Sp00ky

Vendettas Ban appeal

Post by Vendetta2Sp00ky » #364777

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Vendetta2Sp00ky / Kitsani Miyuki
Banning admin: Kevinz000
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Perma /
Ban reason and length: You have been banned by kevinz000.
Reason: If you think lying to admins about killing someone with a baseball bat after making an admin press you for 3 minutes for this information and keep evading the question right after you get unbanned is a good idea you're not thinking straight.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Unsure
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story:
Honestly, It surprised me that I got permanently banned for this reason as he was asking me why and how I killed the guy and I specifically told him why and how I did it. Other than that - what happened is that the janitor ran up to me and started punching me because I was dragging ian around. When I tried putting ian down to get my baton to knock him down so hed stop attacking me, he disarmed me, took my baton, and immediately started stunning me. He then took me to the dorms and began suffocating me and giving me a swirlie.

Later down the line, I had continuously seen him harming others and dragging them trying to do the same things he had done to me. Even when the incident occured and the captain intercepted me while I was dragging the janitor to medbay - I was talking with the HOS and captain and both of them said they had also seen him harming others and dragging them around.

Looking back - I do see what he was talking about. At that time there was a lot going on - and I suppose I didnt realize I had killed him. Regardless, I did begin dragging him to the medbay to provide some type of medical attention before I was apprehended. I honestly should have looked at the logs before him and I had gotten into the discussion - and thats my fault. I really wasn't trying to lie about this and It was because I didnt pay attention that got me into this mess.

All together I wasnt trying to murderbone - though. There was a reason behind it and I had constantly seen him harming other people - and had even saved a scientist from him while he was dragging them off as well. Really I was just trying to do the right thing and stop him from ruining the game for other people - but then again I suppose an AHELP could have fixed that as well.

I was not trying to lie about this. After the incident happened I immediately began dragging him to the medbay. During that point in time is when I decided to intervene.

Also, Want to go back and just say that I didnt realize I was avoiding the question. I was pressed upon to tell him what happened and when I told him what happened with a solid paragraph of information he told me that I was avoiding his question - then I got into specifics about what I did and he still said I wasnt answering his question.

If you go back through the server logs you can actually see that I told him I was confused - because I didnt necessarily know what more he wanted.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
Just because of what I said above. I really didn't actively seek him out just to kill him. It was only after I continuously saw him harming other people and then spotted him dragging people away that I decided to intervene - as well as experiencing for myself what he was doing when he did it to me directly.

I know I just got unbanned - and this looks fucked up. As far as I can tell it doesn't seem like I broke any rules.
But - completely understand if you just want to keep the perma as is.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Vendettas Ban appeal

Post by kevinz000 » #364780

02:54:33: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman) PM'd Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki)
02:54:33: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): Hey when you have a moment I need to know whath papend to Flint(?|F) Ratliff
02:54:51: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): yeah he almost killed me just for dragging ian(?|F) around so.
02:54:58: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): thats pretty much it
02:55:16: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): that's it? you didn't fight back? wow!
02:55:27: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): full story, everything that happened, please.
02:55:27: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): literally stole my baton, drug me into some dorms and suffocated me in a toilet giving me a swirlie almost killing me
02:55:40: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): everything that happened, that's all?
02:55:47: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): well heres the full story
02:57:27: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): ian(?|F) was messing with me and said my pet is bad - so i jokingly drug him and tried putting him into disposals. Then that guy(?|F) ran up and started beating the hell out of me and i was trying to drop ian so i could run but for some reason my hotkey wasnt working. He then disarmed me, stole my baton because i did put him down trying to fight back and started stunning me with the baton. Drug me into a dorm suffocating me while giving me a swirlie. He has also been randomly attacking people and dragging them around so whenever i saw him i figured id double up on it all, since hes really being a shitter to be honest.
02:57:43: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): I saved a guys life cause he was dragging them around as well.
02:58:07: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): that's all? i'm going to need clarification on "double up on it all".
02:59:31: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): well, for him almost killing me - and then leaving me for dead and going around harming people. i didnt have a bad intention as weird as it sounds. HOS and captain also know he has been a shit
02:59:45: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): figured id do what other people tried to do, and that was to stop him.
02:59:49: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): so you never fought back
02:59:53: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): shit HOS didnt even want him cloned lol
03:00:00: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): i cloned him though
03:00:00: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): i asked for the full story and so far you're still not giving me the story on what you did to HIM.
03:00:32: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): so i'm going to ask again, what happened on /your end towards him/? Because so far you have just gave me one(?|F) sentence. If I have to press you for information you're not responding correctly and withholding information might as well be a charge of lying.
03:01:05: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): Did you see the paragraph I wrote? Im not trying to give you a hard time. Beforehand nothing, when he died i hit him with a bat and took my baton back
03:01:12: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): then later on cloned him
03:01:22: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): So you didn't kill him?
03:01:26: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): the paragraph i wrote exdplains why it occured
03:01:37: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): And where in it did you specify you killed him?
03:02:22: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): when he was dragging the guy,(?|F) but I think he was still alive for a little bit because i only critted him. After it happened I started taking him to medical to go ahead and heal him and the capstunned me
03:02:56: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): So you're still not specifying that you killed him? Or where did you do that?
03:03:09: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): but he understood as well as the HOS as hes been doing this same thing to others
03:03:36: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): Once again, where did you specify you killed him?
03:03:47: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): i hit him, he was in crit. I tried to get him to medical. The cap stunned me, and then he died - then he got cloned later on
03:03:57: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): im sorry im confused
03:04:18: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): So not oncei n the round did you kill him after he was already in crit from you beating him?
03:04:58: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): Once he was in crit I immediately started dragging him to medical. You can definitely ask the detective about this as well as he was right there.

87[02:44:53] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -90) (108,160,2)
86[02:44:53] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -71.5) (108,160,2)
85[02:44:52] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -53) (108,160,2)
84[02:44:51] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -34.5) (108,160,2)
83[02:44:50] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -16) (108,160,2)
82[02:44:49] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 2.5) (108,160,2)
81[02:44:48] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 21) (108,160,2)
80[02:44:47] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 39.5) (108,160,2)
79[02:44:46] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 58) (108,160,2)
78[02:44:45] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 76.5) (108,160,2)

Round ID 39885

Really?

If I have to prod you for 4 minutes to get information which you STILL DO NOT GIVE AND THEN YOU GO ON TO LIE ABOUT, I'm going to count that as "lying to an admin right after your perma gets lifted".
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #364781

Also you posted this while the round was ongoing so good job.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #364783

Amendment: Information that you do not fully give, and are extremely evasive while giving before the outright lie.
BoxinShrimp

Post by BoxinShrimp » #364785

Now that the round is over and I have time to make an account, I would like to throw out my side of the story real quick and explain things a bit better.
what happened is that the janitor ran up to me and started punching me because I was dragging ian around. When I tried putting ian down to get my baton to knock him down so hed stop attacking me, he disarmed me, took my baton, and immediately started stunning me. He then took me to the dorms and began suffocating me and giving me a swirlie.
I did not start punching you, I was disarming you from the beginning. Granted, Ian the Clown had previously shouted for help so I assumed you were murdering him in arrivals like so many people strangely wanted to do that round. Afterstealing your baton and dragging you into the toilet, I did start suffocating you. That was on accident, I had no intention of killing you, I used that intent just to give you a swirlie. I quickly dropped you once I realized what I was doing and told you to leave Ian alone, to which you responded that you would.

Later in the round, some idiotic stuff happened with the Blood Drunk Miner that got lured onto the station while I was cleaning, and the idiots ran straight into a cleaning grenade that had gone off and was previously set up when the Miner was nowhere near the hallway.

The person I was dragging around had also been stated over the radio during the round to be releasing a deadly virus, and the constant red clouds they were farting out led me to believe that they actually were. So I stunned them repeatedly while dragging them to security to have them arrested. That was when the murder took place.

First you asked to space me, which only one person objected to. After that, you shoved me into the brig morgue and left, only to return after being told by others to clone me. Whether or not you were actually dragging me to medical, I don't know, since you did a loop around the bridge before being stunned and arrested, but I will believe you on that.

While it was my intention to have admin intervention, I really did not think you would be permanently banned for this. If the admin wishes to keep it a permanent ban, then I understand their decision, but I was not looking for that degree of punishment.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #364787

The problem isn't even what happened in the round it's him blatently lying about it after I prodded him and gave him multiple chances over many minutes for him to tell me what happened right after he got off a permaban, that's not behavior I want to keep here.
Don't feel bad about it, it isn't your fault Box.
Vendetta2Sp00ky

Post by Vendetta2Sp00ky » #364812

kevinz000 wrote:02:54:33: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman) PM'd Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki)
02:54:33: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): Hey when you have a moment I need to know whath papend to Flint(?|F) Ratliff
02:54:51: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): yeah he almost killed me just for dragging ian(?|F) around so.
02:54:58: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): thats pretty much it
02:55:16: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): that's it? you didn't fight back? wow!
02:55:27: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): full story, everything that happened, please.
02:55:27: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): literally stole my baton, drug me into some dorms and suffocated me in a toilet giving me a swirlie almost killing me
02:55:40: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): everything that happened, that's all?
02:55:47: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): well heres the full story
02:57:27: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): ian(?|F) was messing with me and said my pet is bad - so i jokingly drug him and tried putting him into disposals. Then that guy(?|F) ran up and started beating the hell out of me and i was trying to drop ian so i could run but for some reason my hotkey wasnt working. He then disarmed me, stole my baton because i did put him down trying to fight back and started stunning me with the baton. Drug me into a dorm suffocating me while giving me a swirlie. He has also been randomly attacking people and dragging them around so whenever i saw him i figured id double up on it all, since hes really being a shitter to be honest.
02:57:43: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): I saved a guys life cause he was dragging them around as well.
02:58:07: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): that's all? i'm going to need clarification on "double up on it all".
02:59:31: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): well, for him almost killing me - and then leaving me for dead and going around harming people. i didnt have a bad intention as weird as it sounds. HOS and captain also know he has been a shit
02:59:45: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): figured id do what other people tried to do, and that was to stop him.
02:59:49: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): so you never fought back
02:59:53: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): shit HOS didnt even want him cloned lol
03:00:00: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): i cloned him though
03:00:00: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): i asked for the full story and so far you're still not giving me the story on what you did to HIM.
03:00:32: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): so i'm going to ask again, what happened on /your end towards him/? Because so far you have just gave me one(?|F) sentence. If I have to press you for information you're not responding correctly and withholding information might as well be a charge of lying.
03:01:05: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): Did you see the paragraph I wrote? Im not trying to give you a hard time. Beforehand nothing, when he died i hit him with a bat and took my baton back
03:01:12: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): then later on cloned him
03:01:22: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): So you didn't kill him?
03:01:26: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): the paragraph i wrote exdplains why it occured
03:01:37: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): And where in it did you specify you killed him?
03:02:22: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): when he was dragging the guy,(?|F) but I think he was still alive for a little bit because i only critted him. After it happened I started taking him to medical to go ahead and heal him and the capstunned me
03:02:56: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): So you're still not specifying that you killed him? Or where did you do that?
03:03:09: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): but he understood as well as the HOS as hes been doing this same thing to others
03:03:36: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): Once again, where did you specify you killed him?
03:03:47: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): i hit him, he was in crit. I tried to get him to medical. The cap stunned me, and then he died - then he got cloned later on
03:03:57: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): im sorry im confused
03:04:18: PM From Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): So not oncei n the round did you kill him after he was already in crit from you beating him?
03:04:58: Reply PM from-Vendetta2Sp00ky/(Kitsani Miyuki): Once he was in crit I immediately started dragging him to medical. You can definitely ask the detective about this as well as he was right there.

87[02:44:53] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -90) (108,160,2)
86[02:44:53] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -71.5) (108,160,2)
85[02:44:52] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -53) (108,160,2)
84[02:44:51] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -34.5) (108,160,2)
83[02:44:50] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -16) (108,160,2)
82[02:44:49] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 2.5) (108,160,2)
81[02:44:48] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 21) (108,160,2)
80[02:44:47] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 39.5) (108,160,2)
79[02:44:46] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 58) (108,160,2)
78[02:44:45] BoxinShrimp/(Flint Ratliff): has been attacked by Kitsani Miyuki(vendetta2sp00ky) with baseball bat(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 76.5) (108,160,2)

Round ID 39885

Really?

If I have to prod you for 4 minutes to get information which you STILL DO NOT GIVE AND THEN YOU GO ON TO LIE ABOUT, I'm going to count that as "lying to an admin right after your perma gets lifted".
Really?

4 minutes of me telling you.
1. What happened.
2. What I did
3. What he did

So, what's the problem? I even admitted in my appeal that I went back into the logs and saw that I did kill him - That is my fault - and It wasnt my intention to lie to you. Literally I didn't even know I killed him. There was a ton going on around me at that point in time. So, I understand how THAT looks. Really bad. Promise you 100% I wasn't lying, it was just a detail I overlooked. In a server with close to 90 people it can be easy at times to get involved in the graphics rather than the text.

When I saw him, I was much more focused on getting him down instead of paying attention to the text. Again, my fault.
Last edited by Vendetta2Sp00ky on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vendetta2Sp00ky

Post by Vendetta2Sp00ky » #364813

kevinz000 wrote:The problem isn't even what happened in the round it's him blatently lying about it after I prodded him and gave him multiple chances over many minutes for him to tell me what happened right after he got off a permaban, that's not behavior I want to keep here.
Don't feel bad about it, it isn't your fault Box.
Not behavior you want here?

Honestly man, this is just a big misunderstanding and I wish you would see that. I wouldn't come make an appeal if I were intending to lie to you.

Im being honest, Im sorry I didn't pay attention, and I really do apologize that it appears im trying to bullshit you.

That was why I was dragging him to medical, I LITERALLY thought he was still alive lmao. Hell - I even opened my inventory to find a medkit - which I wish I had because if I would have analyzed him it would have diverted my attention back to the text lol.
Vendetta2Sp00ky

Post by Vendetta2Sp00ky » #364815

BoxinShrimp wrote: I did not start punching you,

Yes. Yes - you did. That round - you did.
Vendetta2Sp00ky

Post by Vendetta2Sp00ky » #364816

kevinz000 wrote:Amendment: Information that you do not fully give, and are extremely evasive while giving before the outright lie.
Now, here is where I am still EXTREMELY confused.

Im reading the logs and I cooperated - yet, you're saying I evaded? What?

I told you what happened? Dude - please explain. Even if you want to keep the perma literally explain how.

It's my fault for not paying attention to the harm text, but im not seeing how I evaded.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #364886

The ban is because I asked you over several minutes whether or not you killed him, and you kept answering with what he did instead of what you did, completely evading the question when I asked you to give the complete storage, which would include you killing him, and then finally admitted that "the first paragraph" is what you used to justify killing him. The part about lying is because you said you only critted him and immediately took him to medbay when you beat him to -90 health.
This can honestly be lifted if you agree to not pull this again and answer with everything admins are asking, rather than "he did this and this to me" while ignoring the fact you killed them for it afterwards.
Vendetta2Sp00ky

Post by Vendetta2Sp00ky » #365019

kevinz000 wrote: This can honestly be lifted if you agree to not pull this again and answer with everything admins are asking, rather than "he did this and this to me" while ignoring the fact you killed them for it afterwards.
I would appreciate it. And I am incredibly sorry for the confusion through my lack of paying attention and being indirect. Seriously, I didn't mean to jerk you around like that. This wont happen again and I will be more direct with the question and pay closer attention to harmlogs when I am in that situation.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #365182

Alright, I'll unban you. Please answer more clearly when admins are asking you a question, and DO NOT try to hide things, and it just tends to annoy admins.