In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

[Gouty] HollaHollaFoADolla - Statue Note

Post by Dax Dupont » #364959

Byond account and character name: HollaHollaFoADolla - Caroline Dupont
Noting admin: Gouty
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Note
Ban reason and length: Created some plasma statues on the shuttle. They were ignited by someone else by accident. 24 people were killed before the shuttle arrived. Did come forward when I asked in OOC who created them.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-12-02 19:41:26 (whatever the timezone in the remark window is)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: I created some (3?) plasma statues near the time the shuttle was to arrive for the whole end round centcom murderbone meme.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
Well let's start with the fact that I didn't light the statues on fire, and I shouldn't be punished for when someone else does it. If I were to put an open locker with guns on the shuttle and people used them to assblast each other I wouldn't be noted either nor would I if I left two bags of holding on the floor and people use them for BoH.

Not only that, the "They were ignited by someone else by accident" seems like a lie, I bring forward the 15~ second and 14 tile gap between statues being ignited as proof:
[19:26:39]GAME: Plasma statue ignited by DankAnimeme/(Rebecca Lee) in (154,19,13)
[19:26:53]GAME: Plasma statue ignited by DankAnimeme/(Rebecca Lee) in (155,32,13)
If it truly was accidental with Gouty claiming it was "because of someone fighting someone else with a lighter" in adminPMs, then it probably would not have 15 seconds between each ignition since as far as I can read from the code the ignition message only gets logged if it's ignited DIRECTLY and not by say the plasma from the other statue.

I really shouldn't be liable if someone abuses something I built unless I encouraged people to set it on fire.

Not only that, the way gouty handled this whole incident was questionable.
When the admins asked who made the statues I instantly told them in an ahelp because I felt like I didn't do anything wrong and I wanted to inform them since I am an honest man.
So I started talking mostly to Beesting who explained to me that it might be a bad thing and after being defensive as heck I was gonna not put statues on shuttles no more(well except after my new shuttle idea which I PR'd).
Beesting specifically stated he was not gonna note or ban me which was fine.

Then Gouty interjects with:
Image (it's censored because at first I didn't want to start drama in discord and just wanted to know if I was right or not but armhulen more or less told me to just say the admin's name)
-- Administrator private message --

Admin PM from-Gouty: Beesting might not be noting you, but I am :P
I am not sure why Beesting was overridden, but the smiley feels just added frustrate me for no reason.

edit:
Removed the part where I felt bias was involved, I was wrong.
Last edited by Dax Dupont on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: [Gouty] HollaHollaFoADolla - Potential Biased Note

Post by imblyings » #364961

is the note inaccurate
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #364962

imblyings wrote:is the note inaccurate
yes
"They were ignited by someone else by accident."
is factually inaccurate.
"24 people were killed before the shuttle arrived."
I wasn't the one responsible for someone maliciously lighting it, so the death's aren't my fault and shouldn't be mentioned.
"Created some plasma statues on the shuttle with no malicious intent. They were ignited by someone else. Did come forward when I asked in OOC who created them."
Would be better wording and factually correct though arguably this note should be removed since creating plasma statues is not a rule violation. Though I can live with a rewording because a competent admin would just dismiss it when making a decision about something.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #364968

Beesting was a trialmin at the time, game admins can overrule at their discretion. The :p thing is unneeded but more or less inconsequential.

Dankanimeme was handled in a correct manner when someone 'claims''' they did something on accident. It has no bearing on your note other than being correct and also handily noting that you didn't light it.

I would argue people know exactly what might happen if they make plasma statues and any instance of 'I'm going to set something up that I know someone will find irresistible to griff with but I'm still innocent' is silly. It's like a scientist leaving around bags of holding or a HoP leaving out full access IDs everywhere. To think otherwise is to have a player who is incredibly new or disabled or careful enough to mitigate griff in the first place. Unless you want to argue otherwise, you're not any one of the three.

Any competent admin will dismiss the note as is unless one day you decide to make plasma statues in a highly public area again. It's like the note I have for building uranium doors as a non-antag way back when I was a player. It's a neutral note detailing what was observed and kept so in case I was malicious or stupid enough to make radioactive doors to fry everyone getting on the shuttle again, I couldn't claim ignorance. Otherwise the note never did a thing. Are you worried an admin would factor it into anything apart from highly similar cases? If so I can write that into the note.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Gouty
Byond Username: Gouty

Post by Gouty » #364971

Ok, I removed the "by accident" part it's not relevant to your actions. The person that set them on fire was also noted at the time with a statement about the event. I'm leaving the part about 24 people being killed, again it's factually correct and relevant.

I'll be honest, I don't remember seeing that they lit multiple statues on fire with such a large gap between them, I'll be sure to be more thorough in future and will add this to their note (unless someone tells me that a plasma statue that ignites another plasma statue logs it as being the original igniter)
Dax Dupont wrote: I personally feel like this might be because of bias due to the whole incident where gouty walked/got pushed/whatever in front of a laser and blamed me for building said laser, which note got removed.
Not sure how I can "prove" no bias, but honestly I never gave it any consideration, if you had asked me who was involved in that situation before I read this I wouldn't have been able to tell you (without looking it up). I don't remember names really.
Last edited by Gouty on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #364973

imblyings wrote:Beesting was a trialmin at the time, game admins can overrule at their discretion. The :p thing is unneeded but more or less inconsequential.
Fair enough.
I would argue people know exactly what might happen if they make plasma statues and any instance of 'I'm going to set something up that I know someone will find irresistible to griff with but I'm still innocent' is silly.
Well, the plasma statues were made for me to use when the shuttle arrived. Not for enticing people, though in retrospect having played this game since 2014 I should've considered that others would abuse it.
Last edited by Dax Dupont on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #364975

Gouty wrote:Ok, I removed the "by accident" part it's not relevant to your actions. The person that set them on fire was also noted at the time with a statement about the event. I'm leaving the part about 24 people being killed, again it's factually correct and relevant.
Good enough for me I suppose, though I'd appreciate it if it was added I didn't have ill intent, which I didn't and it was more a case of negligence. I did specifically state from the start that I made this for my own use at arrival at centcom and not to cause shuttlegriff. I feel like this might be a mitigating factor in case there would ever be a case where the admins handle another incident where it's not specifically about plasma statues but rather say something else where this note could be understood as someone doing it to be a dickbag and trying to entice people to griff.

I'd also like to apologize for feeling this might be bias, it just seemed that way because I can arguably be somewhat paranoid.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [Gouty] HollaHollaFoADolla - Statue Note

Post by Armhulen » #364989

The note seems factually correct and holla is happy

is this resolved?
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Re: [Gouty] HollaHollaFoADolla - Statue Note

Post by Dax Dupont » #365043

Armhulen wrote:The note seems factually correct and holla is happy

is this resolved?
Pretty much, I'd still like it to mention my intent, but it is not a requirement.
This topic can be locked and resolved.