[rustedjimm] Alex SD - Temp Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
AleSD

[rustedjimm] Alex SD - Temp Ban

Post by AleSD » #365024

Byond account and character name: Alex SD, Darius Edwards
Banning admin:rustedjimm
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Temp ban ( tg station Bagil)
Ban reason and length: reply pm from Alex SD/ (Darius Edwards)
Time ban was placed (including time zone): I'm 14, come back in 4 years please when you understand the concept of control and ownership
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: I was playing as captain and was making horrible and unfunny jokes and using the gimmick of a " communist station" which got people killed because of me. I was dumb and started fighting the admins even though I didn't fully understand the rules or the situation that I caused.
Why you think you should be unbanned: At the time, I didn't read the rules but now I have and understand them. After reading them, I realized that I broke rule 1 of the main rules by yelling at an admin and ruining a bunch of players games. I was very angry and cocky when talking with the admin, when he asked my age, I didn't want to tell the truth so I gave him an untrue answer of "14". when in reality I'm 20. I was trying to piss of the admins by acting like a rude and annoying 14 year old, but now I know that I should have been truthful with the admins. I'm very sorry for being toxic and annoying with the admins and the players.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: [rustedjimm] Alex SD - Temp Ban

Post by Rustledjimm » #365025

The only mistake I made was arguing with you for 30 minutes instead of just ending it sooner. Which I did make an attempt at ending it at least but it carried on.
Spoiler:

So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #365031

I think to prove that youre how old you are that you should take a picture of your id with security info blocked out and a timestamp and your ckey.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #365037

Alipheese wrote:I think to prove that youre how old you are that you should take a picture of your id with security info blocked out and a shoe on your head with a timestamp and your ckey.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #365042

More often than not, a ban placed for the reason behind age is usually to remove people from the community who have attitudes that are not professional in behavior and cause a headache for our admins. Now, you do need to be 18 to play on this server in that regard. Bans of this length are only placed upon individuals who cause headaches for the community and would cause the community to be better off if they were gone. Essentially, that is what I am seeing what happened here and, for someone who has been asked to learn and become a better player. I don't know if a large ban like that would have sufficed for this instance. However, arguing with the admins for 30 minutes and generally not showing any concern for the problem with your actions is a good way to end up in this type of situaton. Still, I think a shoe on head would probably be enough to show us you do not have malicious intentions.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #365176

just tell him you meant 14 inches
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #365233

CitrusGender wrote:More often than not, a ban placed for the reason behind age is usually to remove people from the community who have attitudes that are not professional in behavior and cause a headache for our admins. Now, you do need to be 18 to play on this server in that regard. Bans of this length are only placed upon individuals who cause headaches for the community and would cause the community to be better off if they were gone. Essentially, that is what I am seeing what happened here and, for someone who has been asked to learn and become a better player. I don't know if a large ban like that would have sufficed for this instance. However, arguing with the admins for 30 minutes and generally not showing any concern for the problem with your actions is a good way to end up in this type of situaton. Still, I think a shoe on head would probably be enough to show us you do not have malicious intentions.
If you’re below 18 you gotta go into the slammer regardless, we just don’t ask unless you’ve otherwise tipped us off.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #365234

I am under the impression he was just trolling though given the conversation so if you want to just ban him relative to the people he killed then that would be coolio.

Lesson learned hopefully, trolling admins in bad taste is how you get banned for 4 years ;-)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #365247

>I should have been truthful with the admins.
>truthful
>when in reality I'm 20
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>truthful

upside down shoe on head with timestamp or gtfo
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
AleSD

Post by AleSD » #365252

I have read all your replies to my appeal and I have completely learned my lesson. I was unusually mad that night and should not have wasted an admin's time. I'm not usually a toxic player on any video game I ever play and don't have an attitude. If a picture with an upside down shoe on my head is what it takes to be unbanned then I will provide. also 14 inches was what I meant :)

Thank you for your consideration and replies, and if you like, perma ban me from captain and other high ranking jobs and temp ban me for another month or so, because I was such a dick.
AleSD

Post by AleSD » #365262

here's my private information.
Attachments
drivers license.jpg
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #365284

Looks fine to me unban him
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #365288

wtf how'd you get my ID
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #365299

Sorry sir, we only accept shoe on head in this establishment.
AleSD

Post by AleSD » #365307

ok, here you go.
Attachments
shoe on head picture.jpg
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #365308

AleSD wrote:ok, here you go.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:A ... k9fg&hl=en

nice TRY GUY
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #365314

It's not a joke. We need a picture of you holding an ID that proves you're over the age of 18 with personal info blurred out and a sign that says /tg/station AleSD to prove you are over the age of 18 and there needs to be a shoe on your head. You can PM it to the admins/headmins if needed
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
AleSD

Post by AleSD » #365318

I've been playing 18 + games since I was 3 years old, what's the big deal? your not going to get shut down and you and me are both not breaking any laws. I've read the rules and I'm sorry, what else can I do? I had a rough day and took it out on rustedjimm by mistake. I'm not sure where you guys live but in America the esrb is a recommendation, not a law. I know its apart of your rules but I swear ill never talk bad to the admins, play any high ranking classes, or break any rules again. This is a great game you have here and I want to be apart of it. Sorry for the massive headache I must have caused, I'm sorry rustedjimm.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #365319

AleSD wrote:I've been playing 18 + games since I was 3 years old, what's the big deal? your not going to get shut down and you and me are both not breaking any laws. I've read the rules and I'm sorry, what else can I do? I had a rough day and took it out on rustedjimm by mistake. I'm not sure where you guys live but in America the esrb is a recommendation, not a law. I know its apart of your rules but I swear ill never talk bad to the admins, play any high ranking classes, or break any rules again. This is a great game you have here and I want to be apart of it. Sorry for the massive headache I must have caused, I'm sorry rustedjimm.
It literally is breaking the law iirc
AleSD

Post by AleSD » #365324

its not because when I was 8 I went up to a store and bought call of duty: modern warfare myself. the cashier looked at me funny, but I definitely didn't get arrested for it.
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #365325

>some rando guy let me do something that earns his business money
>can't be illegal

If I'm honest I'm a little disappointed that we got no shoe on head.

Unless a headmin wants to overrule me I'm done trying to get fun out of this.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #365334

AleSD wrote:I've read the rules and I'm sorry,
Then, by all means: read rule 9 a few times.

I'm locking this since we don't want to abuse this kid any further. People must be 18 mentally and physically to play on this server.