[leibniz] kilker12 - 7 day ban

Appeals which have been closed.
kilker12

[leibniz] kilker12 - 7 day ban

Post by kilker12 » #369680

Byond account and character name: kilker12/Mac McMacerson
Banning admin: leibniz
Ban type (What are you banned from?): temp ban - 7 days
Ban reason and length: Being part of a group that created a disposals setup in main hallway killing many players.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-12-29 17:30:24 (Central Time Zone)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: Snake eater said he was building a garbage loop in engineering leading to the SM. Went ahead and helped him out while learning how pipes worked. We built the death loop and someone else start extending it into the main hall. The pipes were already laid and the entrance already set up with a chute and conveyor belts to trap people into the chute. I did not have anything to do with the entrance or the initial expansion into the main hallway or the output into the SM chamber itself. I welded a few pipes in between and did make the connection into the first built suicide loop causing the connection into the hallway. The clown was throwing people in and many were getting caught in the trap created in the hallway.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Admins boinked me for connecting to the SM suicide loop (which was already there just not welded) from the hallway chute (again already there and setup) and I said I would not do anything like this again 3 times with no response. Im relatively new to SS13 and this is my first offense of anything like this. Snake eater was the ring leader and I really wasnt aware this was an illegal thing to do as I wasnt killing anybody. People rushing around station was their own downfall. (I realize this is a bit stretched) I am always a role playing character and dont do stupid shit like this on the norm.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: [leibniz] kilker12 - 7 day ban

Post by leibniz » #369689

kilker12 wrote:I welded a few pipes in between and did make the connection into the first built suicide loop causing the connection into the hallway.
But why?
kilker12 wrote:People rushing around station was their own downfall. (I realize this is a bit stretched) I am always a role playing character and dont do stupid shit like this on the norm.
It's not acceptable to put something in the hallways that just kills people instantly.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
kilker12

Post by kilker12 » #369718

Maybe its just incompetence but like I said it was my first time playing with pipes. Pipes were there and I welded them in. At most 10 straight sections of pipe welding was my only contribution.

I did not build anything that killed people. As I said I did not build the entrance to either the first part of the loop, the death trap entrance in main hall, or the exit into the SM. I touched absolutely nothing in the main hallway. I welded pipes in the hallway to engineering where the initial suicide booth already was.

Ive seen people do mass genocide as non-antag and thought that was just part of the role playing. I really didn't think this was such a big deal. I didn't even see anybody complain in OOC or IC or get any sort of warning that this was unacceptable behavior.
leibniz

Post by leibniz » #369727

But without your contribution the setup in the hallway would not have killed people.

And genocide as a non-antag is not acceptable, not sure what you mean.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #369730

kilker12 wrote:Ive seen people do mass genocide as non-antag
If this is true then they were banned or should have been banned for doing it.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #369744

I'd support lifting this early since its your first ever ban after 3 months/330 connections of good behavior

Plus it is almost New Years, the traditional time for SS13 mercy
leibniz

Post by leibniz » #369746

Yeah I want to reduce it but I'd like to hear some acknowledgement about mass murder being bad and less shifting the blame "running in the hallways is asking for death" style
kilker12

Post by kilker12 » #369753

I told you three times in game that I wouldn't do it again and acknowledged it was bad.

Won't happen again guys.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #369785

Generally speaking, ban evading is not the best way to help prove your point, assuming the admin log is anything to go by:
ADMIN LOG: Bigboi1234/(Bigboi1234) has a cookie from a banned account! (Matched: kilker12, [REDACTED])
This account has only four connections and was first seen on: 2017-12-29 18:18:16, three of its four connections are tied to a ckey that the kilker12 ckey is tied to.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
leibniz

Post by leibniz » #369801

I leave the call to headmins then.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #369856

Who even evades a seven day ban? Do you need your spessmans that bad?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #369874

Kor wrote:I'd support lifting this early since its your first ever ban after 3 months/330 connections of good behavior

Plus it is almost New Years, the traditional time for SS13 mercy
>mercy
>hhaha yes greyim just sit down and play your favourite atmos simulator again

new years mercy can consist of not punishing you for evading, just enjoy the 7 days off and do something fun irl during the new years
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.