Post by Slignerd » #390764

Byond account and character name:
Adamanite Golem

Banning admin:
Darkgenerallord

Ban type:
Ghost role ban

Ban reason and length:
"Singulobombed the station as a golem because somebody stole his BoH and KA. This is massive, massive overkill even if another singulo is already on the station. I can't exactly count how many people died to the singulo, but it was 4+. You can appeal this when you think you can play the role correctly. It's not okay to basically screw over the entire station because one dude fucked you over a bit, even if you're a golem."

Time ban was placed:
2018-02-23 21:30:11

Server I was playing when banned:
Bagil

My side of the story:
I believe the ban reason sums it up fairly. Someone teleported into the golem ship, stole my BoH and the KA inside it, and refused to return it. This got me extremely angry, and I ended up directing my anger at the entire station crew, which resulted in this sort of disproportionate retribution.

Conclusions:
Yeah, it was massive overkill. Let's never do this again.
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Re: [Darkgenerallord] Slignerd - Ghost role ban

Post by Darkgenerallord » #390812

To be honest I'm against lifting it for the moment, in addition to the fact this appeal feels fairly low effort.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #390817

I mean, I'm completely certain that I don't intend to do that kind of thing ever again, and that's what I would think this is all about. I do very much enjoy ghost roles, and I would love to be able to play them. And I'm sure I would not cause such trouble now that I've been better informed about their boundaries.
Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #390819

I'm willing to lower it to like another week or two, I suppose. This is on the condition that this is probation for ghost roles afterword, though.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #390821

Alright, making it expire in a week or two from now is fine by me. How long would the probation last, though?
Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #390824

Probably like six or so months, based off prior probations I've seen.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #390832

Could we settle on four months? Six sounds like a lot of time..
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #390837

You did say you weren't going to do it again
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #390839

Indeed, and I do not intend to do this kind of thing again. But I might end up in a different kind of situation where what otherwise would be ruled an IC issue might be thought about differently due to ongoing probation. That's how this kind of thing generally works. A probation effectively means that an admin is allowed, and even encouraged, to take more extreme action against the player.

It's only natural I'd prefer such a period to be shorter.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #390851

Well whatever the probation is when the note fades away this ban is lifted someone do it
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #390853

I've seen several threads/posts/etc. about "well really it's totally ok to be a dick because TG culture" and I can't help thinking that's relative to this ban, which also means you haven't actually learned WHY you were banned.

Half a year probation is fine if it's relative to the issue and given some of the posts written after this ban was placed (although I honestly hope some of them are just ironic and I can't read through the many layers of slig). TBH if something happens like this at any point in the future you can most definitely expect this to be brought up again regardless of what arbitrary time limit we set for your "probation".
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #390855

I was banned because I went overkill on the station over the actions of a single guy. I did so due to misconceptions I had about neutral ghost roles engaging in hostilities with the crew, misconceptions that had been corrected since.

I do believe being a dick is within /tg/ culture. In fact, you've participated in such culture no less than half an hour ago. But no, I do not believe it is related to this ban.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #390858

Slignerd wrote:I was banned because I went overkill on the station over the actions of a single guy. I did so due to misconceptions I had about neutral ghost roles engaging in hostilities with the crew, misconceptions that had been corrected since.

I do believe being a dick is within /tg/ culture. In fact, you've participated in such culture no less than half an hour ago. But no, I do not believe it is related to this ban.
yikes lets hold off on this unban
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #390882

Look man you don't even have to really be sorry but you could put more effort into acting sorry than that.

also saying being a dick is within tg culture doesnt really make it look like you understand our rules lmao
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #390886

Let me rephrase it then. I believe being a dick is within /tg/ culture, and I believe some of the admins willingly participate in it. I do not, however, intend to indulge in this aspect of the server culture myself.

And I'm genuinely sorry for causing the incident that resulted in this ban. However, Cobby deliberately brought up things that are a matter of personal clashes, things I have no reason to be sorry for, and now you're using this to point and shout "look, they're not really sorry!" All three of you know why I hold such opinions of /tg/ culture, and all three of you know that it has absolutely nothing to do with in-game conduct.

Please stop using disingenuous defamation tactics while speaking on administrative matters.
Last edited by Slignerd on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #390892

Perhaps the culture was like that, and perhaps it may be like that now.
However, it should not be like that.

There is no benefit to having this culture though and those who attempt to honor that culture are just keeping it the way that it is.
I'm surprised Slig, I would hope that you would express some remorse for the action at the very least.

I have discussed this with arm and the other admins and they do not feel that any remorse was shown in this particular appeal and the "You can appeal this when you think you can play the role correctly..." was not fulfilled. This is similar to the Joan thread. It is not particularly you Slig, but I see no benefit in this belief and I want that to be a message to everyone who thinks that being a dick is apart of this server's culture.

As such, this appeal is denied as of now. I am going to lock this thread.