[togopal] Snuffleupagus86 - ban? lul

Appeals which have been closed.
Snuffleupagus

[togopal] Snuffleupagus86 - ban? lul

Post by Snuffleupagus » #393180

Byond account and character name: Snuffleupagus86 ember
Banning admin: togopal
Ban type (What are you banned from?): I don't know. He was pretty vague.
Ban reason and length: I don't know. Didn't tell me.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): about 15 minutes ago
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: Roundstart, I'm doing my stuff in robotics. Setting up machines and stuff. There's a rush of people into robotics. Whatever. I see a cargo dude in there taking shit and suiting up. Multiple people in our area that don't belong there. I deposit them outside of robotics. Other robotics dude lets them back into robotics. I snatch and grab robotics dude. Drag him around for a bit.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Seriously? First of all togopal has been on top of me all night. Itching to ban me. Of all the multiple things on the server the ONLY thing they bwoink'd me for before was for decommissioning a borg?
I've played Borg before. I've been blown up as borg for NO reasons before. AHELPED it and got told too bad numerous times. Where else do I start. Oh the people who run around every round and table you repeatedly. This was a while back admittedly. I ahelp'd and got told too bad. The time I was in xenobiology and someone came in and just started fucking with me for no reason. ahelp'd and got told too bad.

I'm fine with that, but at least define what is and isn't allowed instead of being vague. Right now I'm sitting on a ban for no reason, I have no way of improving how I interact with the game or learn from a mistake I made. As for the feem note on my account that's also pretty shitty and something I didn't even know about until just a few minutes ago. What's the point of making forum posts is admins are just going to make in game notes targeting people for their forum posts? LAst I recall that had to do with n2o tanks, and I never touched another n2o tank from that point on.I received a warning for that and it just suddenly turns into me getting banned for every little thing?

I don't appreciate being painted a shitter when I've never went out of my way to specifically ignore what an administrator has said to me. I have always tried to change the way I play if I've been given instruction or told something isn't proper.
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Re: [togopal] Snuffleupagus86 - ban? lul

Post by Durkel » #393181

Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #393182

Few things to note before I give a full fledged response to this.

1. Snuffleufagus already been given a "last chance" for their recent behavior by Feemjmeem on 1/31/2018 due to their behavior, as I have specified in their official ban reason (which was provided)

2 months may have passed, but their recent behavior leads to believe they have not made any effort to change.

2. They were warned by me just an hour prior to the initial ban for replacing floor tiles in Medbay with plasma tiles after a threat of plasma being flooded was announced (admittedly not knowing the threat was there) Image

Feemjmeem ALSO gave a final warning for experimenting with dangerous things.

3. They appealed this immediately after receiving the ban, which makes it hard to believe they will learn anything if they are unbanned.

4. In each of the times I have confronted them, they were responding in such a way to give me a hard time. Very uncooperative.

These reasons are why I had no patience for them and gave the ban rather quickly.
Last edited by Togopal on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #393183

Durkel wrote:Image
Riiiiiiiiight. I'm such a detriment to the station that I deserve a permanent ban. I've literally followed everything the admins have asked me to do in the notes. I've gone many rounds after you've had to initiate contact with me without any incidents. I'd really like to know how that's deserving of a permanent ban.
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #393184

Why does Feem even have any right to intercede and submit that to my account? I received a warning for N2O from another admin and went to the forums to have it resolved and because some people took it as shitposting Feem decided to intervene on his own right and increase the punishment for my account? Edit: Shouldn't FEEM have at least messaged me? Or told me that was there? I got no notification. It seems to me discord drama bled into the game and someone took liberty to assert their authority because they didn't like what someone did on the forum. I don't necessarily like or enjoy everything does on the forum, or even in my everyday life, but I'd certainly never penalize them further for something they'd said.

Excuse me? I'd picked the tiles up. Is no one supposed to tinker in this game? At all? I've seen other people do WORSE things in a round while doing their job/experimenting and were given no bans or didn't have any admins give issue with it. So why at the time didn't you tell me to cool it? It seemed like the whole night you were making it a point to look in on me. That's fine. You can think I'm a "trouble." player, but I don't appreciate the title of being a trouble player. I DO listen to administration and I DO make an effort to correct what I'm doing wrong. This seems like active targeting to me.

I immediately appealed it because you were vague RULE:0 and falling back on another Admins remark to issue the ban.

This is a blatant lie. In all other times you've contacted me I was nothing but cordial and forthright in speaking with you. Edit: I will admit THIS instance I was a little less cordial in my response to you, but to state that is simply wrong.
Last edited by Snuffleupagus on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #393187

peanutposting here but the fact that the thread title is "ban? lul" says a lot
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #393188

SpaceInaba wrote:peanutposting here but the fact that the thread title is "ban? lul" says a lot
What was I supposed to put? I'm sorry. The last 3-4 times I'd put a lot of thought into my posts or feedback posts you've taken 0 of it literally or even seriously. I didn't know what I was banned for. Something as stupid as a title in forum post shouldn't have any impact on the decision itself.
Last edited by Snuffleupagus on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #393189

Snuffleupagus wrote:Byond account and character name: Snuffleupagus86 ember
Banning admin: togopal
Ban type (What are you banned from?): I don't know. He was pretty vague.
Ban reason and length: I don't know. Didn't tell me.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): about 15 minutes ago
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: Roundstart, I'm doing my stuff in robotics. Setting up machines and stuff. There's a rush of people into robotics. Whatever. I see a cargo dude in there taking shit and suiting up. Multiple people in our area that don't belong there. I deposit them outside of robotics. Other robotics dude lets them back into robotics. I snatch and grab robotics dude. Drag him around for a bit.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Seriously? First of all togopal has been on top of me all night. Itching to ban me. Of all the multiple things on the server the ONLY thing they bwoink'd me for before was for decommissioning a borg?
I've played Borg before. I've been blown up as borg for NO reasons before. AHELPED it and got told too bad numerous times. Where else do I start. Oh the people who run around every round and table you repeatedly. This was a while back admittedly. I ahelp'd and got told too bad. The time I was in xenobiology and someone came in and just started fucking with me for no reason. ahelp'd and got told too bad.

I'm fine with that, but at least define what is and isn't allowed instead of being vague. Right now I'm sitting on a ban for no reason, I have no way of improving how I interact with the game or learn from a mistake I made. As for the feem note on my account that's also pretty shitty and something I didn't even know about until just a few minutes ago. What's the point of making forum posts is admins are just going to make in game notes targeting people for their forum posts? LAst I recall that had to do with n2o tanks, and I never touched another n2o tank from that point on.I received a warning for that and it just suddenly turns into me getting banned for every little thing?

I don't appreciate being painted a shitter when I've never went out of my way to specifically ignore what an administrator has said to me. I have always tried to change the way I play if I've been given instruction or told something isn't proper.
So right off the bat I can safely say that you began this round only to stir shit and cause trouble when, despite your story, the ONLY word you ever uttered in the round that the incident I banned you for in question was "hi". You had no verbal communication with the Roboticist prior to cuffing him, fullstripping him in aux base, and dragging him around just for letting someone in to robotics unintentionally. This continued until you reached the Chapel when I contacted you asking why you were doing what you did, and you responding with "doing what?", implying you had no idea why taking somebody's gear roundstart as a nonantag for an unintentional action was wrong. I told you afterwards that you were on thin ice already and playing stupid games would just win stupid prizes. You pressed on, so I took action. There seems to be a pattern of you being a non-antag and doing things you should not be doing and then acting defensive when confronted about it (I still remember the 30 minute long argument with oranges over why you shouldn't open a full canister of N2O in the hallways). I acted judging on your previous behaviors leading up to the current ones, and judging by your attitude in this current appeal it seems you are not understanding why what you were doing was wrong. I do not intend on lifting this ban right now, and think you should take a break from this game if you are unwilling to play it by the rules.

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #393196

denied

my god, do i really have to explain why? it's been a long time since i've seen someone act so caustic and cynically sarcastic about everything to this level, appeal when you like visit a guru for a couple months or something man i mean jesus