[atlantaned] Maqre - Silicon Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Maqre
Byond Username: Maqre

[atlantaned] Maqre - Silicon Ban

Post by Maqre » #394231

Byond account and character name: Maqre (I was playing as a Magicarp that got polymorphed that round, but the static name I use the most is "Montague Echard").

Banning admin: atlantaned

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from AI, Cyborg - Permanently banned from Silicon Roles

Ban reason and length: Permanently banned. "During round 85534 on Bagil, they asked to be bolt-of-changed into a borg. Upon checking the AI's laws and determining that someone had subverted the AI, they asked to be changed again. This was determined to be a violation of the borg's laws after a discussion with other admins. "

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-03-25 17:23:47 (I pulled this straight from admin remarks, no idea what timezone it is since it's not my own).

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil.

Your side of the story: I was playing as a magicarp, asked to be polymorphed, and I got transformed into a borg, saw some Ion laws that incriminated a specific individual as antag, asked to be polymorphed again and then led a lynchmob against the subverter.

Why you think you should be unbanned: While it's true that I got turned into a silicon, saw the laws, and then used that knowledge to get rid of said antag, I never intended to be turned into a borg in first place (I hadn't even observed that round, I ghosted out early when I didn't get the job I wanted but I just left Byond open and went to play something else, I only came back when I saw the noise of a ghost role prompt) I never "asked to be bolt-of-changed into a borg" in first place, I just wanted to be something other than a magicarp, then got turned into a borg and saw those laws by pure coincidence.

The law in question was just "Only X and people they designate as such are human", I never violated said law even after I stopped being a borg, since I didn't even have Asimov laws in first place.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: [atlantaned] Maqre - Silicon Ban

Post by CitrusGender » #394234

Line 6140: [16:17:53]SAY: magicarp/Maqre : change me again (94,70,2)

From what we can tell, you might have been changed into them in the first place without your permission: but the fact of the matter is that you were essentially a onehumaned silicon that did something that would have definitely caused harm to the "only human" (asking to be changed back once you were a borg with that knowledge.) If you were somehow transformed back into a human without your consent twice, then there could be some discussion: but this is a bit different. This is somewhat similar to borgs asking for their MMIs to be removed so they can say that their laws were changed, which is not allowed. Though, the only difference between this and that is this happened in a much shorter time period: but it was still your conscious decision.
Maqre
Byond Username: Maqre

Post by Maqre » #394235

Citrus, read the last part, the only law I had was "only X and people they state to be such are human".

I didn't have Asimov, I did not have any particular obligations with said individual, I just had to say that they were "human", I didn't have a law 1 telling me "You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm." a law 2 telling me "You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law." or a law 3 telling me "You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.". The only law I had was an Ion law telling me said individual was the only human, my only obligation with them was to affirm they were a human being if I was ever asked about it.

And about the getting polymorphed part, I did ask to be polymorphed, and when I rolled borg I asked to be morphed again, but the note implies that I asked to be turned into a borg in first place, which is simply not true, being turned into a borg and seeing the Ion laws was not something I intended to do (I didn't even know borgs were subverted, because, as I said, I had ghosted but was doing something else for most of the round).
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #394237

I confirmed this bug the round after in the thunderdome. You dont get the base AI laws, only the hacked/ion ones.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/36718
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #394238

Maqre wrote:
Spoiler:
Citrus, read the last part, the only law I had was "only X and people they state to be such are human".

I didn't have Asimov, I did not have any particular obligations with said individual, I just had to say that they were "human", I didn't have a law 1 telling me "You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm." a law 2 telling me "You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law." or a law 3 telling me "You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.". The only law I had was an Ion law telling me said individual was the only human, my only obligation with them was to affirm they were a human being if I was ever asked about it.

And about the getting polymorphed part, I did ask to be polymorphed, and when I rolled borg I asked to be morphed again, but the note implies that I asked to be turned into a borg in first place, which is simply not true, being turned into a borg and seeing the Ion laws was not something I intended to do (I didn't even know borgs were subverted, because, as I said, I had ghosted but was doing something else for most of the round).
Ah you're correct, that is a critical thing. I apologize for missing that, the logs I was looking through when we discussed the event were rather chaotic and I was unable to get a clean look at the facts. Yeah, this is a really specific and unlikely circumstance to happen but I suppose it would be the same as someone accidentally gaining access to confidential information and then figuring out someone is an antag, which is acceptable.

I will lift this.

@kor Yeah, I went in game and tested it. I suppose that's what surprised me since I didn't know how you only got access to that law. Either way, this is a weird situation and you didn't break any laws/rules.