Appeals which have been closed.
Humise

[Saegrimr] Humise - Talking with a friend on skype

Post by Humise » #35510

Byond account and character name: Humise-Kliment Voroshlov
Banning admin: Saegrimr
Ban reason and length: Metacommunication with Urist_McTank-permanent ban
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-10-11 02:33:26
Your side of the story: I was just playing this with my friend and I'm new to this game. I really didn't know there was a rule where people couldn't talk to other people outside the game. In fact, we were actually discussing our upcoming DnD game session.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I didn't know there was a rule were you couldn't talk to friends and play the same game with each other. This server is a really nice one and would like to stay on it.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimr] Humise - Talking with a friend on skype

Post by Saegrimr » #35514

I'm sorry your friend didn't direct you to the rules page, it clearly states not to metagame or use information your character could not have known about. Metacommunication breaks so many game dynamics. For example, your friend being a ghost and guiding you around the station.

I would like to know why you went straight for the revolver in maintenance where the rainbow gear was located.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Humise

Post by Humise » #35558

I didn't pick up the revolver. Urist_McTank gave me his flamethrower to try to give to the librarian. The reason why I asked on how to turn it on was because I was curious on how to use it myself, but I never did use it. I get that talking to a friend and playing was against the rules. We talked about it and both said that if the ban was uplifted, we wouldn't communicate while playing the game. Your right though, I only skimmed through the rules. I should've read all the rules and I apologize for that.

Also, the guy I welded in maint, that was me being that guy. I was going to unweld him and let him out, but he was already freed. The revolver though, I didn't even know that the rainbow gear had a revolver and Urist didn't lead me there, I just stumbled upon that area. He did ghost me, only because I didn't know how to get to the library.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #35692

Take some time to read over the rules before jumping back in, i'd suggest your friend do the same. Welding the guy in the room is kind of a dick move and its what first got multiple admins watching the two of you. I'm glad the both of you were honest about this whole mess with me, so this is going to be basically a probationary period for the two of you.

Both of you will be unbanned, but if any admin spots the two of you silently leading eachother around for any reason it's not likely the ban will be lifted next time.

I'm sure having to deal with admins like this on the first day is really off-putting, so I apologize for that.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.