Appeals which have been closed.
uristmctank

Saegrmr-Urist_McTank-talking to buddy on skype

Post by uristmctank » #35512

Byond account and character name: Urist_McTank - Viktor Krieg
Banning admin: Saegrmr
Ban reason and length: out of game conversation
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-10-11 02:33:26
Your side of the story: was talking to friend on Skype before we had started playing ss13, our conversation was mostly about out of game stuffs like an upcoming d&d game, we had not realized we were violating the rules
Why you think you should be unbanned: we were doing nothing of real consequence in the round anyway, we accidently flushed me out the wrong garbage disposal, didn't meta game by having Klimment call for help as we had screwed that up on our own, I have really enjoyed this server and would like to continue playing, we'll cut the Skype conversation in the future.
Also if I could get access to toxins again I promise not to be an ass and blow up the shuttle bay
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Saegrmr-Urist_McTank-talking to buddy on skype

Post by Saegrimr » #35513

Your buddy welded a guy into maint, locking him in.
Afterwards you had silently handed him a flamethrower, and firefighting gear.
Then both of you wandered into the incinerator and he spaced you, you died and ghosted. From then on I witnessed you following him around. This is fine and dandy except the part where a revolver was placed in maintenance which your friend ran straight for after trying to figure out how to work the flamethrower you gave him.

How did he know where to go for the revolver?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
uristmctank

Post by uristmctank » #35653

To be honest, I didn't even see the revolver, I thought the rainbow clothes were the clown's or something.
we had never meant to use the flamethrower to harm someone, we were just curious how it worked really.

In the future is the flamethrower something you should only make as a traitor?

And yeah I though that all disposals lead to the cargo bay, turns out I was wrong lol
we'd really appreciate a 2nd chance, I had a ton of fun with the guys in Cargonia, and would like to continue playing on this fun server
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #35691

Alright well this is basically your probationary period. I appreciate the both of you being upfront with me about the whole mess.
Flamethrower isn't necessarily a traitor-only type thing, there are legitimate uses for it (though few), but it is one of those warning signs that someone is probably up to no good. I'm actually surprised security didn't drop him for it.

Both of you will be unbanned, but if any admin spots the two of you silently leading eachother around for any reason it's not likely the ban will be lifted next time.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
uristmctank

Post by uristmctank » #35697

Thank you