[thegel]DrugUnit - Ops,Cult,Rev ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Turtle_unit

[thegel]DrugUnit - Ops,Cult,Rev ban

Post by Turtle_unit » #35632

09-Oct-2014 | Banned from operative - Going catatonic as an Operative because he was having trouble with the team. Do not just ghost if things are not going your way ~thegel

Banning admin:thegel
cdkey:DrugUnit
Date and time and banreason:
09-Oct-2014 | Banned from operative - Going catatonic as an Operative because he was having trouble with the team. Do not just ghost if things are not going your way ~thegel

I find this ban strange as i Ahelped asking if there is a willing observer to play nuke ops for me after spawning i saw that none of the ops even knew how some parts of the game worked. I have done this before and always ghosted after a response. Due to RL issues i also had to run so i ghosted before getting a reply from the admin. I got bonked asking why did i ghost. I replied telling them the ops were shit and i had some RL things to do as well. Also thegel mentioned my first ahelp did not reach him for some reason. Someone else started to play in my place and i left. I only discovered the ban today. I can understand a Ops ban(sort of?) But cult and rev seem too far considering i never even enable cult and rev is broken currently.
Gel
Byond Username: TheGel

Re: [thegel]:Ops,Cult,Rev ban

Post by Gel » #35640

Looking back in the logs, I see that while I am disconnecting and whatnot you are having trouble with your team and getting uplinks organized. During this time, you did ahelp about getting someone to take your place.

[17:39:56]ADMIN: HELP: DrugUnit/(Collin Snake): Are any other ghosts willing to play sindies? Thems guys seem incompetent as shit - heard by 2 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.

I did not receive this PM but when I came back a moment later I went on to investigate the catatonic op.

[17:41:53]ADMIN: PM: TheGel/(Airica Zen)->DrugUnit/(Collin Snake): So why the catatonic?
[17:42:15]ADMIN: PM: DrugUnit/(Collin Snake)->TheGel/(Airica Zen): I just a helped asking to put someone in my corpse since sindies are shit. I waited for 5 minutes and i had no response

So because you got frustrated with your team and ghosted I gave you a week off from team antag, and as far as I can tell you were active for the majority of the round as a ghost afterwards. I'm going to consider this appeal rejected and resolved unless there's something I'm missing.
Turtle_unit

Re: [thegel]DrugUnit - Ops,Cult,Rev ban

Post by Turtle_unit » #35641

But why is it a perma if you JUST said its a week.
Gel
Byond Username: TheGel

Post by Gel » #35642

Because it is just a week, I'm sorry if the lack of duration was misleading.
Turtle_unit

Post by Turtle_unit » #35643

Oh okay this is resolved then. Sorry for being shit i will try to notify again in the future then(or just disable ops)