Sylvange's (Johhny Topside's) Ban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Sylvange

Sylvange's (Johhny Topside's) Ban Appeal

Post by Sylvange » #36191

Title: Ban Appeal to Leadership Positions
[Not an Admin] Johhny Topside - fluff text

ie:
Admin PM from-Saegrimr: 13-Oct-2014 | Banned from Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer - Went AFK during a round, no explaination given. Also murdered a clown FNR. ~blessedheretic [-]
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Sylvange - Johhny Topside
Banning admin: blessedheretic
Ban reason and length: Did not say
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 13-Oct-2014 EST
Your side of the story: Unfortunately I cannot provide valid evidence to this, but my internet connection was acting poor at the time, I was disconnected and could not join back to the server after a long while (About an hour I believe). As for the clown, I honestly do not remember any incident with any clown. I'm not sure if I was framed or i'm just an idiot.
Why you think you should be unbanned: My internet usually does not act up like that, and I can assure you I will not go Afk for longer than 5 minutes unless it is an honest IRL emergency. As for the clown, again I honestly don't remember any incident with a clown. The only time I ever did was when I arrested one for attacking an officer but that was about it. I feel like this was a huge misunderstanding. I'm sure you hear this a lot though, but please consider it, I am fairly experienced in the game, and really enjoy the server playing with the different leadership roles. Thanks for reading.
-Sylvange (Johhny Topside)
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Re: Sylvange's (Johhny Topside's) Ban Appeal

Post by BlessedHeretic » #36217

[21:01:32]ADMIN: HELP: Blackiwhat/(Wizard): Johnny Topside, the HOS, has been following me around beating me with a telescopic baton, on harm intent, to near-crit because I accidentally hit him with a laser tag gun. He's gone braindead now, as HOS, so if he didn't notify you... - heard by 1 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.

^ You harassed a clown, after watching you bludgeon him so much with that tele baton, of which i can't get vars for since the damn thing isn't added to our logs yet, a few people beat the clown and pushed him into critical status. He was saved, but the fact you'd beat someone so hard for shooting you with a practice laser is beyond shit, and I am NOT going to revoke the jobbans unless you can explain why the hell you thought this was an acceptable response for a clown just messing around.

Your bans for the head positions other than ones that are involved in security matters are lifted now. Awaiting response for the Head of Security, Captain and Head of Personal bans.
Sylvange

Post by Sylvange » #36220

I honestly thought it was a real lazer, I must have misinterpreted that, or else I wouldn't have attacked him at all. I'm usually pretty lenient with this sort of thing, I just heard a lazer sound and automatically reacted, but I definitely should have been more observant and saw that. My honest apologies. I hope you can at least believe this and give me another chance. If not, I understand.
Sylvange

Post by Sylvange » #36429

I also did a lot of more research into the classes such as Captain in my spare time, so if the ban isn't a perma and/or is lifted I will hopefully be able to be a lot more helpful in particular to my job. Just curious if the ban was perma or not, and if the last post was a reasonable response.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #37476

Sylvange's remaning jobbans have been removed.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.