[darkgenerallord] Maqre - Ghostrole ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Maqre
Byond Username: Maqre

[darkgenerallord] Maqre - Ghostrole ban

Post by Maqre » #402023

Byond account and character name: Montague Echard (Maqre)
Banning admin: darkgenerallord

Ban type (What are you banned from?): "Banned from pAI, posibrain, drone, deathsquad, lavaland."

Ban reason and length: "History of poor behavior with ghost roles, no real signs of changing. You may appeal this if you want."

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-03-11 02:15:16 (copy-pasted from admin remarks, I don't know what timezone this is, as it is not my own)

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: I suicided as a xenobio golem because I thought it was a free golem and I didn't want the role, I do agree that it was incredibly shitty to do.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Two reasons mostly:

1. Because I think I've learned my lesson, it has been slightly more than a month, and I already regret doing that, it wasn't nice with the scientist I affected with my act and it was against the general spirit of the game, I've seen plenty of chances to roll for an ERT or other ghost roles slip past me and that has made me rethink of my acts, and what I've done wrong.

2. Because my history of being shitty with ghost roles is limited to just three of them (golem, drone and beachbum) yet the ban is from ALL ghost roles, I've already sworn to never play any of the forementioned three roles again, not only out of principle, but also because I find them boring and unenjoyable. The issue is that the ban also extends to other ghost roles (such as ERTs, holoparasites, AI, ghosted antags, etc) which I do want to play, and in which I've always tried to have good behaviour.

Ultimately, I don't believe you guys actually have an obligation to unban me, I believe what I did was wrong and I definitely deserved the ban, instead, I am asking for forgiveness and a second chance, because I believe I learned the lesson.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [darkgenerallord] Maqre - Ghostrole ban

Post by Cobby » #402052

If you don't want to play an opt-in role, just not opt-in?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #402057

He thought he was opting in to something else
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #402062