[brotemis] DrChef - Request To Have Assistant Jobban Removed

Appeals which have been closed.
Dr. Chef
Byond Username: DrChef

[brotemis] DrChef - Request To Have Assistant Jobban Removed

Post by Dr. Chef » #407442

You, or another user of this computer, (drchef) is banned from playing Assistant. The ban reason is:
cavemen bullshit. Caused the death of the warden after breaking into the brig, tasing and cuffing him and stealing their ID.
This ban was applied by brotemis on 2014-07-08 02:22:37.

Byond account and character name: DrChef Don't know character name that I was banned playing as.
Banning admin: brotemis
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from Assistant from 2014
Ban reason and length: Perma-ban from assistant
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-07-08 02:22:37 That is what it says when I click on assistant in job preferences. Its been a while since I last played /tg/ station. I have only been playing again recently.
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I don't remember it was 2014.
Your side of the story: I don't remember, but the ban reason speaks for itself. I was being shit and killed the warden as a greytider after stealing his id. I remember trying to raid the brig without killing anyone, but the warden died and it was my fault. I used to 'roleplay' as a caveman with a spear causing destruction to the station.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been staying out of trouble and I'm behaving myself. I know not to randomly kill people and wont randomly kill people unless I'm a antag. I will not act like a antag unless I am one.
Logs: N/A I searched for the logs and I don't think they go that far.

Thanks for your time.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: [brotemis] DrChef - Request To Have Assistant Jobban Removed

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #407540

Just pulling up my Anon3 amendment clause to raise a point: From the detail, you already had the warden's id and could have de-escalated the situation by being non-lethal and pushed the warden into a room or even a locker with a means to escape by resisting or eventually re-establishing contact with the remainder of the station, anything as simple as a intercomm or a pen & paper to notify the AI even if you were to tip the AI off yourself anonymously. Killing them was unnecessary with a brig medical station for making a attempt at healing, and you could have walked away with unlimited security access through a back door with anything taken from the department instead.

Following the prior steps would have probably protected you with rule 10 for damages but no real 'damage' dealt though administration input on Rule 0; whether the admin perceived you to be going too far with greytide would still be relevant regardless in conjunction with rule 6 on final rulings if rule 7 on ban baiting doesn't apply to take it any further like how the current events turned out instead of a isolated incident (not that i am condoning high profile and provocative greytide in any conceivable way).

Concluding my statements thank you.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #407553

The ban is four years old so I'll lift it tonight if nobody else gets around to it by then.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #407564

Kor wrote:The ban is four years old so I'll lift it tonight if nobody else gets around to it by then.
Done
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #407707

Thanks gamer