Appeals which have been closed.
bigpenorboi
Byond Username: BigPenorBoi

[nopewav] - Short server ban without actually questioning me

Post by bigpenorboi » #409135

Byond account and character name: BigPenorBoi / Not sure since I random it
Banning admin: nopewav
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: 1440 minutes,, "Virtually killed Captain, despite only interaction beforehand having been attempting to kill the Captain and being detained."
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-05-09 21:44:05 (server time)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Terry
Your side of the story: Pretty much all game these 2 players had been causing issues for me and had no repercussions from security, since what they did was only breaking space law not server rules I didn't adminhelp it. A scientist assaulted me, cargo assaulted me, all because I tried to get equipment. That's just flavor though, I suspected scientist of being a traitor since he was immune to all ranged attacks and sent my concerns to security and such but they went full shitsec. Captain ignored assault against me (since I killed them last round in a mutiny, although I did try to clone them I got the mental interface thing I believe they were meta grudging me) and then the scientist dropped a gun on the floor when I was talking to the captain and the cargo tech that fucked me over was there. They caused me to get spend most of the round getting dragged around in a locker by the captain and just generally repeatedly fucked me with no consequence so I shot and didn't even kill anyone before I fled.

That's it, they fucked with me all game, assaulted me, stuffed me into a garbage chute when I was trying to get equipment I ordered that didn't show up, repeatedly lied to security and captain and they ate it up. The captain personally dragged me around in a locker (pretty sure I was injured at the time too) for 5-10 minutes and only released me when I got an admin involved, they completely ignored standard procedure and I am the one punished. The captain themself lied that I tried to stuff them in a locker when I didn't even touch them.

I tried to log in today and saw I was banned. My previous interactions were more than stated in the ban, he never messaged me, I was "detained" more than once and not even detained properly and they were going to brig me for a normal length ontop of the lockering until I got admin to step in. All I did was get some revenge with what I consider to be good reason considering how little actual round time I got because of them.
Why you think you should be unbanned:

This sort of stuff doesn't look good on record, and considering it is false I don't appreciate being banned for it since it gives a false view of me. While the ban is literally about to run out, the fact that it was placed in the first place is stupid and I'd like to get it omitted.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [nopewav] - Short server ban without actually questioning me

Post by Arianya » #409157

I believe they were meta grudging me)
Byond account and character name: BigPenorBoi / Not sure since I random it
What led you to suspect metagrudging if your name is randomized?

Regardless, looking at the logs, you ordered a beekeeping crate, which for whatever reason went missing, you then get belligerent with cargo and (speculation: trespass in cargo) trying to order a new crate. You then accuse a cargo member of assaulting you in spite of you starting the physical confrontation with a grab/throw, presumably trying to open a door with them.

After a later non-harmful stunning spree with the telebaton by the Captain (speculation: again removing you from somewhere you shouldn't be) you apparently take this as sufficient escalation to laser the captain down to 20 HP in spite of him never so much as shaving a single point of health off you previously.

I don't have the will to dig much deeper then this, but it would seem you were caught trespassing and refused to take no for an answer, and when forcibly (but non-harmfully) removed you then took this as excuse to nearly kill the captain.

This on itself would be pretty poor escalation, but perhaps not meriting a ban, except for the fact that in less then 50~ connections you have multiple notes, bans and warnings regarding poor escalation behaviour. This ban occurred after you received, and read a message from Jazaen saying:
Hey, if you mess up escalation again we will take action.
So, while I'm not the involved admin, I would firmly put my opinion in that this note is accurate and that you should perhaps take a step back and consider whether you need to re-examine your escalation behaviour, since from this point onwards admins are going to take an increasingly dim view to any mis-escalation on your part.

e: The relevant round ID is 87689 on Terry for anyone interested.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
bigpenorboi
Byond Username: BigPenorBoi

Post by bigpenorboi » #409538

I suspected meta grudging because I forgot to randomize appearance too. I also wasn't non harmfully removed, I was beaten with a fire extinguisher and thrown into a disposal. Sec and Captain repeatedly sided with people that they even watched hit me when they arrested me for the same or less so I attacked, captain getting fucked up was accidental but deserved.

Also the "if you mess up escalation again" note I am really confused by, it popped up one day and I don't even know what it's from.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #409591

bigpenorboi wrote:I suspected meta grudging because I forgot to randomize appearance too. I also wasn't non harmfully removed, I was beaten with a fire extinguisher and thrown into a disposal. Sec and Captain repeatedly sided with people that they even watched hit me when they arrested me for the same or less so I attacked, captain getting fucked up was accidental but deserved.

Also the "if you mess up escalation again" note I am really confused by, it popped up one day and I don't even know what it's from.
You were hit once with a fire extinguisher, doing a small but noticeable amount of damage, and lasered the captain repeatedly while hitting nothing but the Captain (or nearby terrain), which makes it difficult to see as "accidental".

The message from Jazaen will have popped up once, because its a message from the admin, presumably to notify you that you were on thin ice. It was accompanied by a note to the same effect.

Nope.wav
Byond Username: Nope.wav

Post by Nope.wav » #409731

I'm going to have to give you a solid no on the appeal.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #409734

Mobileposting so I’m absolved of all misreadings but 20hp from lasers == “virtually killing”? That’s not even crit.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #409742

Cobby wrote:Mobileposting so I’m absolved of all misreadings but 20hp from lasers == “virtually killing”? That’s not even crit.
Yeah, this is the part that confused me a little bit as well.
Also, holy fuck: these round logs are absolutely awful to read since this took place over two incidents. From what I can gather, It looks like there was never an ahelp conversation between nope.avi and the person banned since they left.

I suppose this might be more of an explain on the forums type of thing. The fact that he was getting dragged around in a locker is a dumb punishment that would probably make me mad too. He also didn't even kill the captain or put them into crit.

I couldn't see this being anything more than a normal note though, if not a note at all. I don't think metagruding was a thing here though.

Edit: Also, it looks like the time inbetween the original ahelp and the ban was really really short.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #409827

Pretty sure they mean 20hp/200hp as in 80 damage into the crit otherwise this is silly
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #409860

Nilons wrote:Pretty sure they mean 20hp/200hp as in 80 damage into the crit otherwise this is silly
Correct, though as citrus notes this doesn't put into crit.

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #409887

I don't know if nope is going to look back at this thread, but I don't see any reason to keep this note (and much less ban the guy) for barely shooting someone into crit after the captain does that to them.

I'll accept the note appeal.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #410899

Nilons wrote:Pretty sure they mean 20hp/200hp as in 80 damage into the crit otherwise this is silly
Arianya wrote:
Correct, though as citrus notes this doesn't put into crit.
I think you misread the post.

Anyways looks like this isn’t getting looked at further so we done here broyos
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #410900

Prank it’s throwing me a coderbus error when I try to move it so we are, in fact, not done here.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #410901

he's unbanned and the forum is BROKEN PLEASE STAND BY