[Feemjmeem] Alterist - An Apology

Appeals which have been closed.
Alterist
Byond Username: Alterist

[Feemjmeem] Alterist - An Apology

Post by Alterist » #411001

Byond account and character name: Alterist / Adamantine Geoge (Free Golem,in the round i was banned in)
Banning admin: Feemjmeem
Ban type: Server Ban
Ban reason and length: BoH Bombed next to the Escape Shuttle and killed ten people as a free golem in an attempt to get back at space pirates after they killed another free golem, one week
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-05-15
Server you were playing when banned: Sybil

Your side of the story: Round was 87983 https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... /game.html
And yeah, that's pretty much the whole story except for one small fact, the free golem the pirates killed was also played by me, so beyond shuttle grief I've also metagrudged. Looking back at the logs, there is a slight error in the ban note, the resulting singularity killed at most 6 persons, the rest were directly killed by Pirates

Reason why I should be u̶n̶banned: Well, I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, nor if anyone would even care, but I would like to make an apology to the admins and players whose round I've affected by doing something incredibly stupid and reckless. I got caught up in the heat of the moment and tried to "get back" at the pirates but ended up murdering half of the surviving crew instead. (and no pirates were even harmed) I've always thought of myself as a player who is above petty crap like this, but I suppose my actions in this round proves otherwise. I feel like I might be either too involved with the game and maybe caring too little about how my actions affect other players. To be honest, I don't really wish for this ban to be lifted nor am I trying to feign being apologetic to get the ban time reduced. A small break from the server might be just what I need and Feem has given me the opportunity to do so. So all I wish is for the ban note to be amended, I'll wait out my ban with patience, as I believe it was given correctly and leniently. In the meantime perhaps I might check out some other servers, and I hope to see you all at Sybil when this is over having learned a thing or two.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: [Feemjmeem] Alterist - An Apology

Post by feem » #411125

Thank you for your apology and your understanding. Salt happens and we're all susceptible to it. The important thing to do is to ensure we understand what's happened and resolve to prevent it next time. Thank you again for your candor.

Regarding the count of dead, I included people who died as a result of atmospheric loss ancillary to the singularity as well. I've modified the note to reflect this, and in light of your understanding of the issue, reduced your ban time to four days.
As a free golem, BoH bombed next to the escape shuttle because a space pirate (spawned by pirate event) killed a fellow golem. You do not get to retaliate to that degree because an event antag killed someone. It\'s typically one day per death, six people died immediately and several others thereafter from the hull breaches. As you understand why this was an issue and seem to be in good faith to keep it from happening again, your ban will be reduced to four days total.