[feemjmeem] Floral Shoppe - Ban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
floralshoppe

[feemjmeem] Floral Shoppe - Ban Appeal

Post by floralshoppe » #411663

Byond account and character name: Floral Shoppe, Richter Rat

Banning admin: feemjmeem

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server

Ban reason and length: "Evading an assistant jobban from his other account, 'ketamean', doing the exact same hardcore greytide routine on this account. Please don't ban evade. This ban is permanent."

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-05-13, 23:39:26, Central Time

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: Originally, last year I was assistant jobbanned (and maybe antag banned?) on my old account "Ketamean" (playing as Stefan Burnett) for greytiding (raiding HoP's office / stealing the spare, giving myself access, and being a pain in the ass for sec), however, I have not used that account since last year and I took a break from SS13 shortly after being jobbanned, and starting playing again on my new account "Floral Shoppe". After coming back, and playing relatively peacefully for a couple of months, I repeated my old offense of highly disruptive greytiding and was bwoinked. During the discussion with the admin, he saw that I was evading my jobban on my old account. I was promptly permabanned for ban evasion. I would like to point out that this greytide offense was much less disruptive than my previous greytiding, and not a consistent issue like before. I was bored and I wanted something to happen, and I apologize to the HoP and any other players I may have ruined the round for, as well as feemjmeem for having to put up with my shit. I regret not simply appealing the job-ban on my account "Ketamean" so this could have all been avoided.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe that I should be unbanned because my recent greytiding behavior was an anomaly in otherwise typically non-disruptive play, and I am sorry for my poor behavior on the server. I've given it some thought and I would love to come back and be able to play one of my favorite games on my favorite server, with a new mindset. My behavior was unacceptable and will not be repeated, and in the event of a ban or a job ban, I will give it some time and appeal rather than giving it some time and just coming back on another account, which is lazy and poorly thought out. Greytiding may be fun at times, but ruining the round for other players for my own entertainment is immature and shows a lack of respect for other players, who came to play for the same reason I did - to have fun. I assure you, this behavior will NOT be repeated. I will gladly answer any more questions the admins may have for me if more information is required. Thank you.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: [feemjmeem] Floral Shoppe - Ban Appeal

Post by feem » #411670

This seems reasonable. Understand that you'll be under more scrutiny moving forward, but if you're able to provide reasonable explanations for your behavior it's likely you'll be fine.

Unbanned.

Ban message has been modified to read:
After engaging in some really hardcore greytiding from roundstart on, it was discovered that this player was evading an assistant jobban under the account 'ketamean.' Permaban was placed and the player described their intent to change their behavior on the forums. If the player shows more restraint in the near future, I don't see an issue with allowing them to keep playing. Unbanned.
Your ketamean account is still banned under the agreement that you'll stick to 'floralshoppe'. Please don't evade bans moving forward.