Ban appeal - For MoonTruther - Banned by darkgenerallord

Appeals which have been closed.
MoonTruther

Ban appeal - For MoonTruther - Banned by darkgenerallord

Post by MoonTruther » #413409

Byond account and character name: MoonTruther (I dont remember my characters name)
Banning admin: darkgenerallord
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Joining the sever.
Ban reason and length: Extremely blatant lying in ahelps about trying to disarm a bomb but actually throwing it at a crowd, your history is very poor as well. You are not wanted here.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 4-17-2018 at 22:51:25 my time zone is EST.
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I belive Sybil, i could be wrong.
Your side of the story: I saw somebody throw a bomb on the escape shuttle, so i ran up to it, picked it up, hit the 'arm button' (didn't read it because i wanted to disarm it, not hold it in my hand) and set it on the ground, thinking i disarmed the bomb, when in reality i armed it.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was an honest mistake, i thought i was being a hero when i really set a bomb off on the shuttle. I was panic clicking the 'arm' button a couple times, and set it down on the floor. If it looked like i threw it at a crowd of people, i'm sorry. i don't press the drop button i just throw the object next to me or on the same tile as me. Sorry if it seemed like i was lying in the ahelps, i was still panicked.
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Re: Ban appeal - For MoonTruther - Banned by darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #413415

From what I remember, somebody threw either a grenade or syndicate minibomb. You then ran up to it, activated it, and threw it directly into the cockpit.

It's been a while though.

Furthermore, I remember you were quite far from the cockpit, and I still do not understand why you would throw a bomb you thought you disarmed away.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #413423

This is a conversation I had with him on discord: https://imgur.com/a/CKoCr

He also made this post: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 85#p399885

This was after he got banned (probably) for opening a plasma can to try to keep someone from using it to start a fire.
MoonTruther

Post by MoonTruther » #413425

Darkgenerallord wrote:From what I remember, somebody threw either a grenade or syndicate minibomb. You then ran up to it, activated it, and threw it directly into the cockpit.

It's been a while though.

Furthermore, I remember you were quite far from the cockpit, and I still do not understand why you would throw a bomb you thought you disarmed away.
Though i could be wrong, i do believe i was in the cockpit or near the door of the cockpit. I could be wrong though, as i don't remember much of why i got banned.
Alterist
Byond Username: Alterist

Post by Alterist » #413482

I'm probably not someone qualified to say this, nor am I truly impartial about this, but I feel like I must point out that this person was known for lying in his ban appeals before. See:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=16664
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=16685
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #413528

How do you accidentally arm a bomb and then throw it into people

Like really, I don't understand how this could have been an accident similar to when you "accidentally plasma flooded the station"
MoonTruther

Post by MoonTruther » #413572

CitrusGender wrote:How do you accidentally arm a bomb and then throw it into people

Like really, I don't understand how this could have been an accident similar to when you "accidentally plasma flooded the station"
Because i didn't understand how bombs worked, and i was panicked because i didn't want to die on the shuttle. Yes i probably should of just droped it at my feet i didn't. i just spam clicked the arm/disarm button a bunch of times before i threw it next to me.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #413584

"I disarmed a bomb then threw it to a bunch of people who could easily rearm it"

I don't think anyone is buying this. On the off chance it is true, you really hecked up when you lied last time.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
MoonTruther

Post by MoonTruther » #413637

Cobby wrote:"I disarmed a bomb then threw it to a bunch of people who could easily rearm it"

I don't think anyone is buying this. On the off chance it is true, you really hecked up when you lied last time.
It really was an accident though, and i didn't throw it at a crowd of people, i threw it next to me.
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #413645

Doubt continues to beset me, so I'm going to have to say this is denied.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #414149

This has been denied by the banning admin, resolved.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes