[Kevin000] Damous - Per.Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Damous
Byond Username: Damous

[Kevin000] Damous - Per.Ban

Post by Damous » #414203

Byond account and character name: Damous / Isiah (i think)
Banning admin: Kevin000
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban
Ban reason and length: The Ban text doens't make it clear, but it sounds like extreme valid hunting or powergaming.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-03-18 08:45:52
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: I powergamed to max on the server and people got mad about it, or rather, they didn't like it.

Why you think you should be unbanned: As it come to my attention i have alot of available time now, i have been unbanned from CM and Hippie, and i wouldn't like to hurt my ss13 experience by being banned.

I really would like a 30 days probation to see if i could still fit in the TG community, and see if i can still fit the playerbase itself.

I know its beyond my control now and i will leave it to the admins judgment or choice. I hope all parties can come into understandment and thank your for your time

Edit: due to some errors.
Last edited by Damous on Thu May 31, 2018 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damous

Re: [Kevin000] Damous - Per.Ban

Post by Damous » #414205

can some one post my notes?

Some admins started addind notes and warnings on my ckey without my knowledge or actually warning me.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #414226

Er, you were unbanned or banned from CM and hippie?
Damous

Post by Damous » #414239

Unbanned, although i've only been playing on CM and VG right now.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #414250

Full ban reason:
Round ID, 85156. I've told you time after time, that everything has its limits, and while powergaming is normally acceptable, you were going past the line. I've tried to explain to you that using the same method to make yourself as unstoppable as possible in combat while attempting to get into fights to remove others is not acceptable, and you didn't listen. Right now, I am telling you to please stop it so we can move past this and you can be a better player, and you didn't listen. Since you will not listen and are willing to continue what you are doing and blatently state that you refuse anything I say, I'm afraid I will have to ask you to take a break until you can take this game in a way that isn't detrimental to the server at large. You are free to contest this ban in ban appeals, per usual, and if everyone decides that I'm ranting on you for no reason, so be it.

Notes:
Damous

Post by Damous » #414257

Dax Dupont wrote:Full ban reason:
Round ID, 85156. I've told you time after time, that everything has its limits, and while powergaming is normally acceptable, you were going past the line. I've tried to explain to you that using the same method to make yourself as unstoppable as possible in combat while attempting to get into fights to remove others is not acceptable, and you didn't listen. Right now, I am telling you to please stop it so we can move past this and you can be a better player, and you didn't listen. Since you will not listen and are willing to continue what you are doing and blatently state that you refuse anything I say, I'm afraid I will have to ask you to take a break until you can take this game in a way that isn't detrimental to the server at large. You are free to contest this ban in ban appeals, per usual, and if everyone decides that I'm ranting on you for no reason, so be it.

Notes:
Thanks for the notes Dax.

On another note your ingame name is seriously just your ckey?
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #414259

Damous wrote: Thanks for the notes Dax.

On another note your ingame name is seriously just your ckey?
No my ingame name is Caroline Dupont, but it's irrelevant to the topic.
Damous

Post by Damous » #414261

I would really like to some one to fix the dorsidward fake ick ock ban, it was not fake it was ACTUAL icck ock done by mistake.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #414262

Damous wrote:I would really like to some one to fix the dorsidward fake ick ock ban, it was not fake it was ACTUAL icck ock done by mistake.
That's even worse
Damous

Post by Damous » #414268

Dax Dupont wrote:
Damous wrote:I would really like to some one to fix the dorsidward fake ick ock ban, it was not fake it was ACTUAL icck ock done by mistake.
That's even worse
Its not, i would have got OOC banned for 3 hours instead i got server banned.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #414289

Damous wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:
That's even worse
Its not, i would have got OOC banned for 3 hours instead i got server banned.
You get a ban either way for ic in ooc its up to the admin whether its a server ban or no
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #414301

Right, I'd like to see your notes on hippie and CM tbh but the real question is
If you are unbanned, are you willing to play the game with others in mind, and not just yourself?
The goal of the game is not as many PvP kills as you can rack up. Everyone's here to have fun.
It's not fun for one guy to repeatedly, say, loot the CE magboots for noslips as captain, be on 2 kinds of stimulants for the entire round, order loads of gun crates to pass out as security to killbait other people in security and as any job really in general, most of this for the sole purpose of fighting as many players as you can and racking up as many kills as you can.

If you can accept playing the game like a RPG as low rp as we are, instead of CoD, you can have another shot. Are you willing to?

Also is it true you bragged about being banned here for powergaming making you " a Chad" in CM LOOC or is that rumours? Because an admin of another server said they saw you say that in that manner in the briefing room of all places.
Damous

Post by Damous » #414311

kevinz000 wrote:Right, I'd like to see your notes on hippie and CM tbh
I'll ask the admins on hippie discord, and the CM i'll post shortly.
kevinz000 wrote:to be honest the real question is If you are unbanned, are you willing to play the game with others in mind, and not just yourself?
The goal of the game is not as many PvP kills as you can rack up. Everyone's here to have fun.
I know that, i play in other servers that require medium/low rp.

While i was playing here, people that would come up and speak directly to me, i would give them items, do their bidding and ect... Im not as a annoying bloke as you think i am Kevin, i would always rp with people that were at least in my vicinity or that would go out of their way to talk to me...Unless of course there was a life and death situation (which the nature of every round).
kevinz000 wrote:It's not fun for one guy to repeatedly, say, loot the CE magboots for noslips as captain, be on 2 kinds of stimulants for the entire round, order loads of gun crates to pass out as security to killbait other people in security and as any job really in general, most of this for the sole purpose of fighting as many players as you can and racking up as many kills as you can.
Thats understandable, even though i never stole(save for some random ocasions) other heads stuff.
kevinz000 wrote:Also is it true you bragged about being banned here for powergaming making you " a Chad" in CM LOOC or is that rumours? Because an admin of another server said they saw you say that in that manner in the briefing room of all places.
Besides some ACTUAL LOOC "virgin and chad jokes" i never did that which means thats an outright lie, i got pretty infamous for killing MP's and Command Staff repeatedly... a practice that i stoped doing quite a while ago.

I would really like to just hop into the server and prove through actions and not through words, this is why i requested the 30 days probation to see if i can still fit in.
Last edited by Damous on Thu May 31, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #414313

Are there any other servers you've played other than hippie and CM?
Damous

Post by Damous » #414317

I still play on VG, Lenbesraum (not as much), and citadel for like 15 rounds(REEEEEE, but only to absolutely anahilate the furries i swear).
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #414506

>Get banned for excessive powergaming
>state you're just on a server for powergaming
?
Damous

Post by Damous » #414511

Dax Dupont wrote:>Get banned for excessive powergaming
>state you're just on a server for powergaming
?
No, Chemists there actually make the stuff you ask them, no reason to powergame.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #414534

"are you going to be considerate to other players"
"REEEEEE I ONLY PLAYED CITADEL TO ANNIHILATE THE FURRIES"
explain
Damous

Post by Damous » #414549

kevinz000 wrote:"are you going to be considerate to other players"
"REEEEEE I ONLY PLAYED CITADEL TO ANNIHILATE THE FURRIES"
explain
>quite literally does not undestand sarcasm
i stated that i played there for like 10+ rounds. That is more than 30 hours of cringy stuff time.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #414550

if you state you play on a server to fuck with people on a ban appeal that's partially because you fucked with people it makes me think.
Damous

Post by Damous » #414553

kevinz000 wrote:if you state you play on a server to fuck with people on a ban appeal that's partially because you fucked with people it makes me think.
Thats not really uncommon there, specially if its RP allowed.
Damous

Post by Damous » #414554

Does it even matter anyway? is still have more than 50 hours of CM without a single incident.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #414558

CM is primarily a team based combat server, it bears little relation to us in terms of gameplay and is not an accurate measure of how well you can play here without crossing the line again. If I ask for notes from there it's to see how well you can follow server rules. Not for how well you can follow our rules and fit in with our playstyle.
And what do you mean by RP allowed?
Damous

Post by Damous » #414560

kevinz000 wrote:CM is primarily a team based combat server, it bears little relation to us in terms of gameplay and is not an accurate measure of how well you can play here without crossing the line again. If I ask for notes from there it's to see how well you can follow server rules. Not for how well you can follow our rules and fit in with our playstyle.
And what do you mean by RP allowed?
CM requires WAY more RP than here if you do something stupid as say "me:dab" you get a 3 hour ban. its its is INDEED a very accurate measure of how i can play here.
kevinz000 wrote:And what do you mean by RP allowed?
If a situation develop(and they will, because people there are very iffy), you can beat people up(withotu killing the of couse).
Damous

Post by Damous » #414562

Here are my notes from CM

This is from 14 may, but i was playing for 17 days earlier than that, as stated by the Admin "Tharinoma". My last connection was today 1pm.

No single a incident
Last edited by Damous on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Damous

Post by Damous » #414563

I asked for my notes on Hippie discord, but tfw said he might not be able to get them because of the rebase wipe. My only major ban theres being permaban that i asked for, around one year and a half ago. Lifted around 3 months ago.

My most recent ban was lifted before the forum was updated (lost).
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #414565

you're not convincing me tbh, I'll be discussing this with other admins.
Damous

Post by Damous » #414567

kevinz000 wrote:you're not convincing me tbh, I'll be discussing this with other admins.
Im not trying to convince you Kevin, everything from the ban appeal is as cold it gets.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #414639

Damous wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:you're not convincing me tbh, I'll be discussing this with other admins.
Im not trying to convince you Kevin, everything from the ban appeal is as cold it gets.
If you're not trying to convince me that you've changed,
Why does this thread exist?
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #414650

as a note, colonial marines is pretty heavy on the no-powergaming rules, if he's survived 50 hours there I think he can handle not powergaming here
Damous

Post by Damous » #414688

kevinz000 wrote:
Damous wrote:
If you're not trying to convince me that you've changed,
Why does this thread exist?
Because you can convice someone by lying to them, something i do not aprove.

I made the appeal, i stated my business, i made my case.

Now i wait for the admins to decide if to stay or not.

Would you rather that i lied my way back into the game, or prove through actions i actually mean business?
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #414873

After consulting with other admins, this appeal is denied.
Your record with CM isn't as spotless as you think it is, some things from your posts here aren't matching up, you still don't seem to understand why you were banned. I made that very clear in the ban text. You aren't saying how you are willing to improve, I don't really trust you with "showing us through actions" after you repeatedly outright ignored me PMing you the last time you were here, continuing to do what I was telling you to stop doing as I was talking to you, you've went from "I only play this server to harass people" to "I'm being sarcastic" to "It's RP allowed" (lets not forget your constant killbaiting).