[Dorsidwarf] Nichie - Possible misunderstanding

Appeals which have been closed.
Nichie

[Dorsidwarf] Nichie - Possible misunderstanding

Post by Nichie » #414291

Byond account and character name: Byond account is Nichie and character name is Nichie Tsukura

Banning admin: Dorsidwarf

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Unjustified murder//self-antag, I think?

Ban reason and length: Murdered the cuffed captain on the shuttle after mutinying for no reason other than the captain faught back when they buckshotted them for trying to reset the AI which ahd a meme hogan lawset, as far as I can tell. Unacceptable behavious as a non-antag. | The lenght is 24 hours.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): Around 14:30 GMT+1, or 12:05 according to byond.

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: I join late round as cargo tech, start arming up because had tons of money. Suddenly the captain starts draining all the vault's money for no reason that I could find. I am unable to do anything about this and decide to take a trip around the station while waiting for something to happen.

I see a mech trying to break into upload and judging from the sec asking him to stop then I asumed the mech was some random trying to upload harmful/meme laws. Having no way to quickly disable the mech non-harmfully, I start shooting at it with buckshot until the captain appears next to the mech, accidentally shooting him before I could stop. Cap then runs at me with his laser gun, in which I tase him to avoid getting shot. A sec officer drags him away and I over hear that the officer and the HoS deemed the cap unfit for duty. Coupled with the random vault money drain, I believe in this.

The captain mentions he was trying to reset the AI, which I figure out had the hogan lawset after hearing this. But i've seen no harm because of this and some people told me the AI was okay. I then get promoted to captain by the HoP and go onto the shuttle, where the HoS and a cuffed captain was sitting in the bridge evac room. I point and laugh at the captain while non-harmfully slapping him until the HoS decides to uncuff him. The captain then proceeds to disarm me of my shotgun and starts shooting at me before I shoot him up with my other gun to preserve my life. A gygax mech didn't like this and started shooting and slapping me. Panicked, I pull out a flamethrower and try to burn the gyax, accidently setting the bystander HoS on fire, but luckily all of us got out alive apart from the cap.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Although I was in the wrong for shooting up the mech in the upload while lacking information about the situation, it was never my intention to kill the captain from the start. Dorsidwarf didn't ask me to properly explain my point of view and with a ban reason like that it seems like I did it maliciously, so I am hoping for atleast a change in the ban reason.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and apologies for any inconvenience I caused in that round.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: [Dorsidwarf] Nichie - Possible misunderstanding

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #414292

Its possible I misunderstood. Everyone involved was hazy about the whole thing and mech logging is garbage
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Nichie

Post by Nichie » #414294

Thanks for your quick response. I explained it a bit hazily as well at the time and sorry for that. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #414345

After some consideration, I think it's fair to revoke this as I did not properly understand the situation. I'll unban you and remove the note.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Nichie

Post by Nichie » #414348

Alright, thank you for your time. I'll take exstra effort to explain the situation more fully in the future if I get bwoinked to avoid this.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #414470

I remember this round, turned out to be extended and a few people in mechs were being absolute shitters after a random event blob got dunked.
People were yelling frequently about the Rogue AI and trying to break in to reset it, even though it was pretty chill with the hogan lawset as long as you weren't being stupid.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.