Appeals which have been closed.
deathhoof

[kinglouisxiv] Lorenzo Sulyard - Misunderstanding

Post by deathhoof » #39270

Byond account and character name: deathhoof , Lorenzo Sulyard
Banning admin: kinglouisxiv
Ban reason and length: Image
Time ban was placed: 2014-10-26 19:52:14
Your side of the story: Probably due to the fact that the server was experiencing chat-log errors (a round with massive lag and mute chatlogs for everyone had just ended), when I asked for permission to do my scheme I didn't get any responses. I ask for permission to do schemes all the time and normally I only get a response if an admin wants to say no. So since I didn't get a no I assumed that my scheme was perfectly fine to do. So yes I proceeded to kidnap people, give them sex changes, and implant oranges. I never even hurt anyone or did anything that would ruin their rounds. I didn't get any admin notification mid-round to stop and when the server crashed or I lagged out I was met with a big fat "YOU GOT BANNED!". I can honestly say I did not expect that at all.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This was a misunderstanding. I would totally have not done this had I seen an admin saying no. I would have also gotten logs to prove I did not see any admin interaction, but unfortunately I didn't know I was banned so I closed my client in an attempt to fix lag before I could get logs. I understand if you do not lift this ban because I cannot prove that I did not see the messages, but I think the ban time should be reduced because this whole situation is partially accidental.

Thanks for taking the time to read my ban appeal.

Edit: bolded a thing
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Re: [kinglouisxiv] Lorenzo Sulyard - Misunderstanding

Post by QuartzCrystal » #39274

Dude please. If you don't get a response about something like this then DON'T DO IT. You have such a bad track record with these "gimmicks".
Redblaze3000
Byond Username: Redblaze3000

Post by Redblaze3000 » #39293

I was one of your victims. I think I was afk or temporialy logged out when you kidnapped me. I thought you were doing a shitty gimmick or was a antag and didnt a-help. I did not find it funny at all. Why would a character want to insert oranges into people? that doesn't seem very sane. Don't we follow the Role play sane characters rule here?
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #39294

Redblaze3000 wrote:I was one of your victims. I think I was afk or temporialy logged out when you kidnapped me. I thought you were doing a shitty gimmick or was a antag and didnt a-help. I did not find it funny at all. Why would a character want to insert oranges into people? that doesn't seem very sane. Don't we follow the Role play sane characters rule here?
I actually have a backstory to explain that, but I'm not posting it here because it isn't highly relevant to the ban.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #39306

Your backstory is, to be very very blunt, completely irrelevant:

Rule 3: This is a roleplaying game. The purpose of the game is to have fun roleplaying. Being an asshole, who ruins other player’s roleplay experience, just to win, is considered a ‘play-to-win’ style of playing. You can and will be banned for this playstyle. Be considerate of other players’ experience. Randomly murdering people is generally considered to be ruining someone’s fun and poor form in roleplay. If you don’t have a solid IC reason for murder, you may be removed. Trying to justify it with ‘My character is so random/insane’ is not tolerated.

While this is not straight up murder, you are trying to justify your poor behavior with some lame excuse of "but i'm a cuh-raaaaazy surgeon who just loves to put oranges in people and cut off their balls"

I will admit that no, you did not get a response. I was mistaken in the fact that another admin replied to somebody else, with an answer that fit with your question and which I believed was directed at you. It was not, and I apologize for that. However, a lack of response on our part does not grant permission on your part. I'll take it as a personal failing and pay more attention in the future, but I won't be reducing the ban length unless somebody above me has something to say about it.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #39322

But you missed the point. My character is not insane. He has a backstory to justify his actions. I'll be posting the backstory on singulo tommorow. But I'm actually totally cool with my ban not being shortened. I needed a break from spess. So thread closed.