Appeals which have been closed.
EdwardFisher

[Saegrimr] DyslexicGrampa - First ban for meta

Post by EdwardFisher » #39660

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Dyslexicgrampa - Edward Fisher
Banning admin:Saegrimr
Ban reason and length:Metacom- perm
Time ban was placed (including time zone):around 8:45 Eastern Standard time.
Your side of the story: Had no idea what metacoms was, should have read the rules. Dincareaon is a friend.
Why you think you should be unbanned: First offense, I apologize to the staff.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimr] DyslexicGrampa - First ban for meta

Post by Saegrimr » #39666

EdwardFisher wrote:should have read the rules.
A lot of people don't do this, and should do this.
My problem specifically is you lied to me about it.
Spoiler:
[20:43:57]ADMIN: PM: Saegrimr->DyslexicGrampa: Seems kinda strange to go all the way out there to grab him, not a friend of yours by any chance is it?
[20:44:22]ADMIN: PM: DyslexicGrampa->Saegrimr: No sir, just happened to walk along and see him. Why?
[20:44:51]ADMIN: PM: Saegrimr->DyslexicGrampa: So you honestly and truly don't know the guy you dragged back to medbay at all
[20:44:59]ADMIN: PM: DyslexicGrampa->Saegrimr: No..why?
Spent a good portion of the round watching the both of you trade things around, open doors, completely silent cooperation between a chemist and an assistant.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #39670

If you had no idea what it was, why lie directly to an admin when asked?
RIP
EdwardFisher

Post by EdwardFisher » #39714

I was confused as to if you were asking if Dincareaon knew me in his current life within the RP or I knew him in RL. He is a friend that introduced me to the game and showed me the server, we worked together as I assumed it was allowed. I apologize for what I have done.
EdwardFisher

Post by EdwardFisher » #39716

I am also more then willing to read rules and take a test if needed to have permission granted to get back on the server if required. Me and Dincareaon play on it a lot and this is the first time ive had any punishment as none of us knew what metacomms were, you are also more then welcome to watch me and dincareaon when we play to make sure.

We usually have a great time on the server and would love to come back if you will have us.
EdwardFisher

Post by EdwardFisher » #40051

bump
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #40087

The problem here is if I were to unban both of you, spotting the two of you together at all would be instantly suspicious and likely get you banned again.
So what I will offer is the usual instead. Which is unban one of you, probably you since you made the appeal, but check with eachother and see who wants the spacemens more.

In about a month, have the other guy make an appeal and we'll keep the two of you under scrutiny.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
EdwardFisher

Post by EdwardFisher » #40210

Only reason I play is when my friend is on so ill pass and just find another server. Thanks for the opportunity. Go ahead and unban dincareaon.
EdwardFisher

Post by EdwardFisher » #40468

ump
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #40523

Dincareaon has been unbanned.