[blessedheretic] Fireybanana42- banned, never went on server

Appeals which have been closed.
Fireybanana42

[blessedheretic] Fireybanana42- banned, never went on server

Post by Fireybanana42 » #40638

Byond account and character name: Fireybanana42/No Character
Banning admin: Blessedheretic
Ban reason and length: ( MANUAL BAN) Meta Communications with Natan 56. Logged off during admis messages before resolving the issue at hand. Killed a person for no reason.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-10-21 01:37:05 CDT
Your side of the story: I have never been on this server, or ANY /tg/station 13 servers in my life, I don't know anyone who has ever played this at my house, on my connection, or on my account, and when I tried to come onto this server for the first time, it said I was banned, which, again, is odd seeing as I've never even been on one of these servers before.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have never been on a /tg/station 13 server in my life, and was somehow banned before arrival.
Fireybanana42

Re: [blessedheretic] Fireybanana42- banned, never went on se

Post by Fireybanana42 » #40654

oh, i should also add that it said that one of the accounts that caused my banning was tytynguyen, not Fireybanana42
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #40690

I am not a database expert, I have contacted MSO to help sort this out.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #44807

Ahh, this again.

What kind of computer do you own? Is it some kind of stock gaming laptop or Dell?

Your CID is shared by a long line of terrible players who have been banned many times. Is it perhaps a computer model that is just popular with griefers or a case of someone making a bunch of CKEYS and changing their IP?

It's a debate for the ages. But we can take steps to finally track it down. Tell me about the computer you're trying to play on. Make/model ISBN etc.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #44896

An0n3 wrote:Your CID is shared by a long line of terrible players who have been banned many times. Is it perhaps a computer model that is just popular with griefers or a case of someone making a bunch of CKEYS and changing their IP
CID isn't generated by computer model.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #44953

There have been edge cases in the past where CID's have been duplicates on people who aren't actually the same person, though.